LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Top prospects in 2020

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If the Safety position continues to suck, I want a Safety in the 1st round no screwing around!!

Isaiah Simmons
Grant Delpit
J.R. Reed
Jordan Fuller
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If the Safety position continues to suck, I want a Safety in the 1st round no screwing around!!

Isaiah Simmons
Grant Delpit
J.R. Reed
Jordan Fuller

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Damn this guy could be a heavyweight boxer
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Damn this guy could be a heavyweight boxer

total stud
IMO, our biggest needs look like.

FS & SS
CB
LG
RG
LT if Joe retires
PK
SAM LB

I'm very happy with the following position groups, QB, RB/FB, WR, TE, C, RT, EDGE, DE, DT, NT, MLB, WLB, P, LS

I'm happy with CB for the most part, but we need upgrading, I love Sherman, and like Reed, Williams, Witherspoon, and Verrett, as for Safety, I'm good with Moore, and Colbert, plus Harris. SS is a need if Tartt doesn't play well or can't stay healthy.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

FS & SS
CB
LG
RG
LT if Joe retires
PK
SAM LB

I'm very happy with the following position groups, QB, RB/FB, WR, TE, C, RT, EDGE, DE, DT, NT, MLB, WLB, P, LS

I'm happy with CB for the most part, but we need upgrading, I love Sherman, and like Reed, Williams, Witherspoon, and Verrett, as for Safety, I'm good with Moore, and Colbert, plus Harris. SS is a need if Tartt doesn't play well or can't stay healthy.

Yeah you can just lump in secondary. This yr will be a telling yr on how hard they need to attack the group next yr. OL needs to be developed as well.

While I'm totally happy with our WR group...this draft has a bunch of super stars and if one is there when we're picking I wouldn't be upset.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

FS & SS
CB
LG
RG
LT if Joe retires
PK
SAM LB

Yeah you can just lump in secondary. This yr will be a telling yr on how hard they need to attack the group next yr. OL needs to be developed as well.

While I'm totally happy with our WR group...this draft has a bunch of super stars and if one is there when we're picking I wouldn't be upset.

I'll buy what you are selling!
Originally posted by Giedi:

FS & SS
CB
LG
RG
LT if Joe retires
PK
SAM LB

I'll buy what you are selling!

Me 2, I'd be fine with a WR if we have the secondary figured out. Of course we need to be picking 21st or lower in rd 1, we can't be top 5 again. And I think Moore/Colbert can really nail down the FS spot, and if they do, wow were good at FS with 2 young guys. That would leave CB and OL, which we could easily address in free agency, and then go BPA in the draft, which I don't think we've done in a while with so many holes.
IMO, this is the year to go OT, assuming value is there. Swing em over to guard for a year or two until Staley hangs em up. Don't want to wait until he's done to address the position.

Guard, safety and a kicker
Originally posted by Bimbo_Coles:
IMO, this is the year to go OT, assuming value is there. Swing em over to guard for a year or two until Staley hangs em up. Don't want to wait until he's done to address the position.

yep. We were lucky with McGlinchey, I prefer the tackles to get some experience before starting.
Originally posted by English:

yep. We were lucky with McGlinchey, I prefer the tackles to get some experience before starting.

I agree with this. I'm guessing a corner or WR will be there that will be tempting but Tackle needs to be the pick.
Originally posted by English:

I agree with this. I'm guessing a corner or WR will be there that will be tempting but Tackle needs to be the pick.

I'm so glad to be in a position to take the best tackle available at our pick (provided the value is there) and NOT have to start said player in 2020. That's definite progress as a team when you can draft a player that doesn't have to start immediately. The only positions I expect that to be a possibility in 2020 are CB, S, and G. Not bad based on where we were in 2017 and even 2018. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping CB and at least one of the safety positions are off the list after this season.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Delpit is my personal top prosect as of now. I would trade up for him. Dude is a monster

I'm planting my Delpit flag right now. I wanna be the Wu of the delpit bandwagon.

You are already 5 posts behind if this is your goal.

Delpit is too good though. I don't see us drafting that high again.

Agree on both points.
Share 49ersWebzone