LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

MadDog49er Draft Primer and Best Board- Top 50 Players April 24 Edition

Why the HATE for Gary!!!?! IT WAS SCHEME!!!!

Just watch the FILM!!!! Plus he was INJURED!!!!!! WHy do you think DON BROWN had the best defense?!?!?!??! Teams HAD to scheme around GARY!!!!!!!!!!!🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Hilarious....🤣🤣🤣🤣
[ Edited by Chance on Apr 12, 2019 at 9:20 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Mad Dog. How do you think N'Keal's game compares to Dez? I've seen this comparison thrown around a lot, and I can see it somewhat. I remember you were higher on Dez than most people.

I thought the comp was more Mike Evans.
Thanks for your work ,always a treat to read MD.Two guys I would like to hear your take on are Jordan Brailford in the mid rounds and Nick Allegretti later on.
Good stuff as always MD!

Couple things I disagree with though.

1. Devin Bush is too low. Maybe 10-15 year's ago I would agree with you, but Bush is easily better than several players you have above him and is perfect for today's game.

2. Garrett Bradbury is too high. I honestly don't understand the hype around him. He moves really great and is a very good run blocker, but I think he struggles a lot with bull rushes. Solid player, but definitely has some flaws.

3. Fant is a little too low as well for me.

Other then that... I don't have too much of a problem with anything you have. Very good job. You can tell you actually watch all of these prospects in depth.
Looks like Butler leapfrogged Isabella at the last second
I know you, myself as well, would like Brown or Butler at 36, but what are your thoughts on Campbell as a fit with the Niners? I know you like him as a person and player, but curious about his skill set . Seems like it would translate well in this offense
Originally posted by bonafidejonb:
No one good enough for #37 slot? Lol

It is why I am not a math teacher. Correct and check is in the mail.
Originally posted by zonkers:
Great work MD.

Do you see McGary sticking at RT with the (relatively) shorter arms?

For you, did Sweat's sheer athleticism separate him from guys like Allen/Winovich/Nelson/Gary?

Where would draft-time DeForest Buckner and Solomon Thomas rank on this list? Between 2-3 (Buckner) and 6-7 (Thomas)?

Love McGary. Probably has to stay at RT. He completely dominated during Senior Bowl week. Good omen on the next step to the NFL.The length is one issue for him to overcome.

The NFL has to improve the way they measure. Hands can keep expanding or shrinking half-three/quarter inches between measuring.

Sweat has the combination of production and testing. He is not the bender of a Burns or Allen, but has multiple ways of getting to the QB. Much to like.

I'd have Buckner between Williams and Allen, so 3-4 overall. I really liked Thomas. His career is baffling to me when you look at the productivity and testing. He would have been after Wilkins and Oliver. Probably slotted between them and Burns.
Originally posted by Chance:
Why the HATE for Gary!!!?! IT WAS SCHEME!!!!

Just watch the FILM!!!! Plus he was INJURED!!!!!! WHy do you think DON BROWN had the best defense?!?!?!??! Teams HAD to scheme around GARY!!!!!!!!!!!🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Hilarious....🤣🤣🤣🤣

Good impression.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Great work as always MD.

Question, how many 1st round grades have you got?

My real suprise is Dillard, what makes his grade so high for you?

I have 25 guys graded as first rounders. The split is between Abram and Ford.

Dillard is the only stud LT in this draft class. Impeccable pass protection, and good enough run blocking. He is the perfect modern LT for the NFL. OL who run fast shuttle times are more likely succeed at the next level, and Dillard was faster than the rest. Very low bust potential in my mind, and a definite trade down option if the team gets a deal too good to pass. He is going to anchor the left side for the next decade.
Originally posted by Rice-a-Ronnie:
Awesome, great work as always.

Love that you have Cashman in your Top 50. He is a heckuva good player. Do you see him being a fit for the Niners?

He can run like the wind. I think he is best as a Will or Mike at the next level, so I don't see a real fit with the team with Warner and Alexander.

Originally posted by NTeply49:
Great board. I'm a little higher on Haskins.

I think I want Savage at 36 now. We need an elite single high free safety and I think he fits the bill. There are a lot of good wide outs I would consider drafting in the first 2 or 3 rounds. Not as many safeties. For what we need on the back end, Savage is my guy.

I think someone like Terry Mclauren in the 3d would be great.

Sign me up for
1. Bosa
2. Savage
3. WR like Mclauren, Isabella, or whoever drops
4. OL

I'm kind of interchangeable on WR and OL...

It's crazy how many times over a period of 3 months your opinions can change.

I think that would be a great draft for the team. The 49ers Webzone is usually accurate on under the radar guys like Savage, who is nationally under-recognized. He is a really good player.

My issue with Haskins is the amount of short yard throws. I have no idea what QB he will be at the next level because he threw 10+ yard balls so infrequently. To me, he is a giant incomplete. And, this is coming from a Buckeyes' fan four miles from main campus right now.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Great work as always MD.

Question, how many 1st round grades have you got?

My real suprise is Dillard, what makes his grade so high for you?

I have 25 guys graded as first rounders. The split is between Abram and Ford.

Dillard is the only stud LT in this draft class. Impeccable pass protection, and good enough run blocking. He is the perfect modern LT for the NFL. OL who run fast shuttle times are more likely succeed at the next level, and Dillard was faster than the rest. Very low bust potential in my mind, and a definite trade down option if the team gets a deal too good to pass. He is going to anchor the left side for the next decade.

Cheers for the response MD, I get that with Dillard, haven't seen much of him but was interested in the Senior Bowl and not overly impressed.

I have seen quite a bit of Jawaan Taylor though while reviewing the edge class and I'm very impressed with him. It obviously bothers you that he projects as a RT, but for me he's potentially an elite one, I just don't think there's as much of a difference in value anymore.
Your best board definitely validates how I've felt about this WR class which is that, while it's a bad WR class for not having any bonafide blue chip talents, it is also one of the deepest WR classes in years and absolutely loaded with guys that would be top 100 players in any draft class.

D.K. Metcalf
Marquise Brown
A.J. Brown
N'Keal Harry
Hakeem Butler
Deebo Samuel
Kelvin Harmon
Andy Isabella
JJ Arcega-Whitside
Riley Ridley
Paris Campbell

That's 11 bonafide top 75 players at WR. All of these guys project as starters and could be WR1 for any given team and 1 of these guys will absolutely fall to the 4th which is wild.

Then add in guys like Boykin, Wesley, McLaurin going day 3 and you can easily see potential starting caliber wr's going undrafted (sleepers like Hart, Renfrow, Godwin).
Also very reassuring that you also have Bosa at number 1 (coming from someone who followed him since Day 1 as a Buckeye fan)
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Apr 12, 2019 at 10:37 AM ]
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Mad Dog. How do you think N'Keal's game compares to Dez? I've seen this comparison thrown around a lot, and I can see it somewhat. I remember you were higher on Dez than most people.

I had Dez in my own draft back in 2010, along with Mike Iupati. The 49ers drafted Anthony Davis and Iupati. Harry is a big kid, a good kid, with solid hands and decent speed. I don't think he is as explosive as Butler, but is a really good Day Two pick for a team.
Share 49ersWebzone