LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

Justin Hollins OLB/DE Oregon

6'5, 250lbs, runs a 4.5 with a 37 inch vertical. I watched him at Oregon, and he was a good, but not great college player. He's every bit the athlete Josh Allen is, but was a bit of an under achiever in college. He's someone we could take in a later round as a project practice squad player, because he's got elite size/athleticism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS2SbnOof2Y
I could be wrong but does he have off the field issues? But i agree we need to get another developmental edge player at some point because were going to have a lot of big contracts to make decisions on in a few years and need depth for salary cap reasons!
He developed slowly at Oregon but it has to be remembered that his first three years with the Ducks he played under Defensive Coordinators Don Pellum and Brady Hoke. When Jim Leavitt arrived on the scene for Hollin's junior season Justin started to blossom.
NFL Media's Lance Zierlein compared Oregon LB Justin Hollins to Obum Gwacham.
Hollins (6'5/248) is described as a "Three-year starter with athletic ability and length teams look for from edge talent." Zierlein's on the money with athleticism as Hollins produced a 74th percentile SPARQ athletic composite score at the NFL Scouting Combine. The 2018 honorable mention all-conference player is likely to be picked at some point on Day 3 of the NFL Draft and Zierlein specifically projects a Round 6 selection.

SOURCE: NFL.com

Would be a great 6th round pickup
Would be cool to get this guy some time day 2. Guys 6'5 250 that can run a 4.5 don't grow on trees.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
NFL Media's Lance Zierlein compared Oregon LB Justin Hollins to Obum Gwacham.
Hollins (6'5/248) is described as a "Three-year starter with athletic ability and length teams look for from edge talent." Zierlein's on the money with athleticism as Hollins produced a 74th percentile SPARQ athletic composite score at the NFL Scouting Combine. The 2018 honorable mention all-conference player is likely to be picked at some point on Day 3 of the NFL Draft and Zierlein specifically projects a Round 6 selection.

SOURCE: NFL.com

Would be a great 6th round pickup

Definitely seems that way.
Share 49ersWebzone