LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

MadDog49er 2019 NFL Draft Big Board 100

Originally posted by GORO:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Ford would be great for Allen as a mentor, but Allen is already ready to play in the league. Allen is a pro in his approach already and that is why he is a very safe pick.

Only negative I hear about him is needs more pass rush moves. But Ford would be perfect example for him they have about the same get off. Allen has more size and can be more consistent.

The message going into the combine was that Allen was an elite athlete with a lot of room for growth. Then, he tested as an above average athlete with average length (33 1/2" was shorter than I was expecting given he's 6'5) and tiny hands. He was very productive in college and is very versatile Nick Bosa is way more polished as a pass rusher and also a lot stronger with better physical tools (he's much thicker, but still bends better and did better in the quickness drills).

Allen had one of the most disappointing combined of any player imo because people were hyping him as an elite athlete.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
The message going into the combine was that Allen was an elite athlete with a lot of room for growth. Then, he tested as an above average athlete with average length (33 1/2" was shorter than I was expecting given he's 6'5) and tiny hands. He was very productive in college and is very versatile Nick Bosa is way more polished as a pass rusher and also a lot stronger with better physical tools (he's much thicker, but still bends better and did better in the quickness drills).

Allen had one of the most disappointing combined of any player imo because people were hyping him as an elite athlete.

I agree. I went into watching the combine expecting to see all this explosiveness and speed translated in testing and it just didn't happen.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

I agree. I went into watching the combine expecting to see all this explosiveness and speed translated in testing and it just didn't happen.

Did his explosiveness show on the game tape? Just asking. The combine is just a part of the evaluation, not the total picture.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Did his explosiveness show on the game tape? Just asking. The combine is just a part of the evaluation, not the total picture.

in general, yes and no, because its hard to judge explosiveness when you are only seeing it relative to who they are lined up against. For Allen, tho, his tape looked better than his combine
Elite get off for allen. Best first step of any edge in this draft, supposedly. No stutter.
MD, since we didn't here our team connected to any FA Safety, I would safely assume that we would use one of our picks for this position. What's your take on this year's group? As far as scheme fit that can be had after the first round, who do you like? I see Adderly,Thornhill and Savage are the names that are getting a lot of attention here. Other posters chime in who do you like among the names that were mentioned. Thanks MD!
This thread is gold. I'm not saying MD is always right, nobody is, but I put a lot of weight on his opinion and dude has been doing his homework for well over a decade. I've followed his big boards deep into the draft some years and been blown away at how accurate he's been: sometimes well into the 4th round.

So at the risk of getting laughed out of the thread, Grant Cohn wrote, and I've read on the zone, that getting Bosa is redundant because we got Dee Ford. Would it really be a waste to put Bosa on the strong side splitting the TE? Does using one at Leo neutralize the others value?

Also, besides the big three (Allen, Bosa, QW) is there anyone talented enough in any position to be a surprise pick?
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Mar 23, 2019 at 1:15 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
This thread is gold. I'm not saying MD is always right, nobody is, but I put a lot of weight on his opinion and dude has been doing his home for well over a decade.

So at the risk of getting laughed out of the thread, Grant Cohn wrote and I've read on the zone that getting Bosa is redundant because we got Dee Ford. Would it really be a waste to put Bosa on the strong side splitting the TE? Does using one at Leo neutralize the others value?

Also, besides the big three (Allen, Bosa, QW) is there anyone talented enough in any position to be a surprise pick?

Bosa and ford are not redundant. They aren't even the same kind of player. He's a tool. Stop clicking his stuff.

Surprise pick? Anyone not named Bosa, Q, Allen, or Trey Downe would completelyhave me shocked at #2.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Bosa and ford are not redundant. They aren't even the same kind of player. He's a tool. Stop clicking his stuff.

Surprise pick? Anyone not named Bosa, Q, Allen, or Trey Downe would completelyhave me shocked at #2.

Lol... ...you're such a jerk! You had me searching MDs big board for Trey Downe..lol aka Trade Down
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Mar 23, 2019 at 1:20 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Lobo49er:

Lol... ...you're such a jerk! You had me searching MDs big board for Trey Downe..lol aka Trade Down

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Mar 24, 2019 at 9:23 AM ]
Bosa - Buck - Solly - Dee

This pass rush gets me creamy.

Then with our #2 get a starting caliber SAM and our D has top 10 potential.
[ Edited by riverrunzthruit on Mar 24, 2019 at 9:14 AM ]
Hey MD,

Thanks for all your hard work!

Do you have any to share about Justin Layne, mich st cb?

6'3. Long arms. Physical. Seems perfect for our D.

Anxious to see where you rate him on your big board. He gets projected as a late 1st/ early second round pick.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Hey MD,

Thanks for all your hard work!

Do you have any to share about Justin Layne, mich st cb?

6'3. Long arms. Physical. Seems perfect for our D.

Anxious to see where you rate him on your big board. He gets projected as a late 1st/ early second round pick.

I've been really curious about him as well. He seems like a great fit for us. But I've seen him projected in every round from the first to the sixth!

I've had my hopes on getting him in the 4th but now I can't tell if that's at all possible.
[ Edited by TheFunkyChicken on Mar 24, 2019 at 1:29 PM ]
Maddog,

I see you have Taylor Rapp going as the first safety.

Do you like him for the niners? What do you think of Juan Thornhill and Johathan Abram?
Share 49ersWebzone