LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Best Edge Rusher we could get at pick #36

Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
The Niners should just get over themselves and draft Jachai Polite. f**k the interviews. Just get after the QB

A reportedly immature kid who does not take criticism well. Sounds like a guy who would be a potential problem for coaches and teammates alike.

They probably have him as #3 on their big board.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I still want Winovich. I think he's got all the intangibles, the skillset and answered questions about his athleticism at the Combine. I think he can have a nice career as a secondary edge rusher, a solid 6-9 sack a year guy and reliable run stopper.

I think Banogu is pretty limited as a pass rusher but as others have mentioned, would be an interesting choice to play SAM later on in the draft.

Ah so you're thinking QW then CW? Any more W's we can draft in the third?
[ Edited by Cisco0623 on Mar 21, 2019 at 4:43 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I'm a huge CW fan and would have no problem with him. I just see so many similarities in Ngakoue's predraft numbers/pre-draft profile and Banogu's. If I recall, YG was considered a 3rd-day pick as well and was considered more of a sub-package guy who didn't get much love as an every-down edge rusher. We'll see of course, but wherever Banogu goes, I think he'll end up as a huge value pick as an every down EDGE guy.

He looks more like a typical super athletic edge stat-padding in college but I don't see much nuance to his pass rush approach and his bend is really subpar. Just my view. I think he'd be perfect at SAM with his great athleticism. He could be a monster as a blitzer.

I saw too much stuff like this from him where he would just get completely walled.

That's definitely a bad rep, showing his limited technique and counter-moves. Put this guy in a wide-9 though and by year 2 with some coaching up, he could be Cliff-Avril scary with his speed/quickness.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Of course.

JJ Arcega-Whiteside. Big body receiver.

Hard to take an "L" when you're to busy taking dubs.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by pdc20:
I guess Jachai Polite.
I wouldn´t be surprised that his bombed combine was on purpose because he had a promise by a team.
I can´t believe this guy is as slow and unathletic as he was at the combine.
This is not what we saw on tape this season.
The guy was explosive as f**k and really dangerous.

That would honestly be dumb af if true. Regardless of promises, you perform your best at the combine because thats a job interview.

yes no chance he do that on purpose. It cost him a lot of money
I still want Winovich. I think he's got all the intangibles, the skillset and answered questions about his athleticism at the Combine. I think he can have a nice career as a secondary edge rusher, a solid 6-9 sack a year guy and reliable run stopper.
Top 3 10 yard splits for DL 1) Ben Banogu 1.47
2) Montez Sweat 1.50
t 3) Nick Bosa 1.55
t 3) Chase Winovich 1.55
— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks)

Everywhere else I read Bosa's 10 yard time was 1.60
https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Nick-Bosa-Ohio-State-football-NFL-Combine-performance-129698395/

Heck, Von Miller's 10 yard time was 1.57-1.59 , I'm sure Bosa and Winovich aren't quicker than Von Miller
Originally posted by MK_Ultra:
https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Nick-Bosa-Ohio-State-football-NFL-Combine-performance-129698395/

Heck, Von Miller's 10 yard time was 1.57-1.59 , I'm sure Bosa and Winovich aren't quicker than Von Miller

1.55 was his official time. 1.60 was the unofficial time for his 2nd 40.
Originally posted by MK_Ultra:
Top 3 10 yard splits for DL
1) Ben Banogu 1.47
2) Montez Sweat 1.50
t 3) Nick Bosa 1.55
t 3) Chase Winovich 1.55
— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks)

Sorry, Bosa 10 yd split faster than Mack, Miller, Clowney, and Garrett. Sucks for Bosa detractors.
It would be a huge mistake if we don't take a edge first round !!!
Originally posted by HERN:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Of course.

JJ Arcega-Whiteside. Big body receiver.

Hard to take an "L" when you're to busy taking dubs.

The drop off is HUGE!
Originally posted by Ninerswin:
The drop off is HUGE!

Outside of the 1st it really is...you can't assume so and so will drop either. All the top players in this draft are defensive prospects and a lot of them are DE/OLB. Teams have NO issue taking multiple edge rushers. It's a priority position in today's game.

If people want Q they gotta be okay with missing out on an elite edge and be cool with Blair and a 2nd tier rookie on one side. We could be heading into 2020 STILL looking for that long-term edge
Originally posted by NYniner85:
The drop off is HUGE!

Outside of the 1st it really is...you can't assume so and so will drop either. All the top players in this draft are defensive prospects and a lot of them are DE/OLB. Teams have NO issue taking multiple edge rushers. It's a priority position in today's game.

If people want Q they gotta be okay with missing out on an elite edge and be cool with Blair and a 2nd tier rookie on one side. We could be heading into 2020 STILL looking for that long-term edge

Q maybe a great player but not taken a edge #2 or anywhere in tha top 10 is a mistake... we can still get a pretty good DT in tha 2nd or later which I dont see as a high need... But after tha top 10-15 all tha very good edge rushers will be gone...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
The drop off is HUGE!

Sorry, but all the good ER will be gone by #36.
Can Burns play the SAM? If so, trading down from the #2 pick would make the most sense. I just feel that Burns will be the best pass rusher of this year's group. Better than Allen or Bosa. He looked very athletic at the Combine. He's got multiple pass rushing moves and the best bend of all. He could probably do a decent job at the SAM position. If they get him before the #10 spot and receive another 1st rounder, then we can address other positions including a first round OT (OG), Safety, CB or WR.

Burns, Defo, Armstead or Thomas and Ford would propel us to one of the top pass rushing teams in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone