LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

For the record. End all be all. Who do you want the niners to draft oh bipolar niner site?

For the record. End all be all. Who do you want the niners to draft oh bipolar niner site?

If Bosa is there we probably take him.Wow his name has him at 73 percent!! Prob won't be any better than his brother who was stuffed in that playoff game. Would be a good DE compliment to D.Ford. QW is the generational talent in this draft. What do we do??? You put QW next to Defo and centers will quite literally be lifted and thrown into the qb.
Good prob to have! Either way gonna have one of the nastiest front 7'S in the league post draft!!
By the way how many of these poles are going to be on the website until the draft?
You'll never get 100% of people to agree on any topic. People really need to stop with these kind of posts. I saw criticism, I thought everyone in the world would agree on this.
Whoever is BPA after the cards take Bosa
This is too easy. Too much overthinking going on.

Draft Bosa!

By: Margo
Date: 9 hrs ago
Comment: Quinnen Williams is the only generational talent in this draft. He has perennial All Pro talent. Bosa has a slow first step and short arms. He'll get swallowed up by quality tackles, but still get sacks against bad ones, netting 10 sacks a year and making people think he is better than he is. QW will be the second best interior linemen in the entire NFL by year three.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Mar 19, 2019 at 6:47 AM ]
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
By the way how many of these poles are going to be on the website until the draft?

I'm holding a pole right now.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Bosa.

I get why people want QW and Allen (in a trade down though)

QW is the most unique player in the draft. We will not find another DT like him who can dominate in the run and pass game. What we can do is find interior passrushers and run stoppers and use multiple players to simulate the production of QW.

Allen will be a good player too. And I get why people want to trade down. I just don't trust JL to make the right selections to make up for losing out on Bosa.

It has to be Bosa. He's gonna prove a lot of people on here wrong by being the most productive edge player in the draft. His hands and technique are special. If he's gonna rush against right tackles they won't have a chance.

See that's where I'm not so sure. Bobby Evans (playing right tackle) more or less shut him down in 2017 when Ohio State played Oklahoma. And the reason based on the game (which is easy to find online) is the same thing people keep saying about him: his first step was too slow to get an advantage on the edge, and his arms were too short to prevent Evans (or Brown) from getting a hold of him and redirecting him wide.

Bosa started out on the left side (going against RT Evans), then switched the next drive to the other side of the defense (switching back and forth throughout the game). Of course, LT #78 Orlando Brown also successfully redirected him around the edge on a consistent basis, usually with Bosa slipping to the ground. That's what happens when you are an edge rusher without a quick first step and short arms.

This is kind of what happened most of the game (he's playing left end here, top of screen):

When he did get around the tackle, it was passed the QB, because he was redirected around the pocket.

Bosa did make one great play... but it was against the center who was pulling on a play action pass.

That was his only good pass rush play the entire game, and one of the only games where he played against NFL caliber tackles. Sadly, this play came against a center. The irony is that his teammate, #6 Sam Hubbard (3rd round pick, Bengals), beat the tackles more often in this game. Bosa did make a couple of good plays against the run, getting some penetration, but we're looking for an outside pass rusher, right?

And I hate to be any more critical of a good player, but what about this? Look how slowly he reacts to the snap:

And what's worse, he diagnosis the play wrong and fails to set the edge.

If you don't want to find the entire game, this short recap explains what happened in that game:

This game is important for evaluating Bosa, because both the tackles he went against will or do (Brown is on the Ravens) play in the NFL. He got owned almost the entire game. I am not saying he won't be a very good player in the NFL. But take heed with him. He is not nearly as good as his domination against guys who won't make it out of training camp in the NFL suggests.

I brought this up in the Bosa thread.

People throwing that game around like Bosa got dominated is a bunch of horse sh*t.

Go back and watch the clear pass downs. There weren't many in that game.

Oklahoma is a top tier offense in NCAA so you can't pin your ears back and rusher Mayfield or you get burned. Pretty much every time Bosa was out there in obvious pass rush situations he pretty much beat his man except 1 time when he played inside and got doubled.

That game showed him constantly getting extra attention and his first step was much better during the obvious pass downs. Did he get sacks on all of them? No he didn't. He fell on one and the ball was out on other attempts but the idea that those tackles dominated him all game is crap.

edit: and as far as his poor play on that run in your final gif you have no idea of the defensive play call on that. Him not blowing up the field is smart there and if he spotted the end around he could've made a great play there. But considered where he's lined up that's not an easy thing to see when you're in a down stance with the whole OL in front of you and you're looking at the back in the backfield.
[ Edited by genus49 on Mar 19, 2019 at 8:24 AM ]
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
My dream is that the Cardinals take Bosa, then we trade with the Raiders for their 4, 24 and some more picks. Then at 4 we take Allen. This way we didn't pass on Bosa if he is all pro and we still get a good pass rusher prospect at 4 plus more picks!

Mine that I came up with is :
Cards shock the world and go LT at 1
Raiders trade up from 4 and give us all 3 of their 1st round picks to move up & take Murray
Giants trade up to 3 & take QB
Bosa is still there and we take him at 4
We get CB Williams and WR Mercalf with our other first and a FS in the 2nd round

Somehow, someway, somebody, probably a group of somebody's here would be upset about this doh.

Now THAT'S a dream scenario!

He wasn't wrong about someone being mad about it. As someone who has been a little :: with losing out on my big FA hopes I will say this off-season isn't looking too bad so far andI can't wait to visit see who we draft.

Hopefully we can trade back and still get one of the guys on that list and pick up an 2nd to use on a CB, WR, or Safety because we need all of them and a offensive lineman.

If we just go with Bosa I would be very surprised. If can fill most of enough of those holes in the draft we could push for a playoff spot this year. Once in, who knows.

For me, it's Williams all day long. I get Bosa's a very good PR...nothing against him. I just feel QW is too good to pass up. He's just scratching the surface of how good he can be. Coach Saban's said QW's one of the best DT's he's ever coached. That's very high praise from him, given he's produced many a DT for the NFL. Putting DW at NT alongside Buckner is a no-brainer, IMHO. He'd play the 3T on 3rd down. Way too much upside for him and the tandem he & Buckner would be. He'd help plug the hole that's been in the middle of our DL for far too long. He's also athletic and strong enough to help Buckner collapse the pocket & create lanes for Ford and whomever else they bring in to rush the passer. I'll be shocked if Lynch doesn't select QW at #2.
1. Trade down for a haul
2a. Quinnen Williams
2b. Bosa
4. Metcalf
5. Allen
[ Edited by Costanza on Mar 19, 2019 at 9:58 AM ]
Trade down to #4.
1. Ariz -Murray
2. Oak- Bosa
3. NYJ- Allen
4. 49ers - DT Q . Williams /Alabama 😎👍
24. 49ers -DE Clellan Ferrell /Clemson
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Trade down to #4.
1. Ariz -Murray
2. Oak- Bosa
3. NYJ- Allen
4. 49ers - DT Q . Williams /Alabama 😎👍
24. 49ers -DE Clellan Ferrell /Clemson

If Ferrell drops that far I'll name my first born child BigBug
BOSA.... by a lot
If hes not there a #2 i like trading down a couple spots(not more than 2-4 slots) or acquiring a ransom from NYG (f them for doing us dirty on the OBJ trade)
or just taking Allen.
Share 49ersWebzone