LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

For the record. End all be all. Who do you want the niners to draft oh bipolar niner site?

For the record. End all be all. Who do you want the niners to draft oh bipolar niner site?

• Garce
  • Veteran
Trade Down

Draft Greedy

Take a WR and Edge with the next two picks
[ Edited by Garce on Mar 18, 2019 at 8:13 PM ]
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
My dream is that the Cardinals take Bosa, then we trade with the Raiders for their 4, 24 and some more picks. Then at 4 we take Allen. This way we didn't pass on Bosa if he is all pro and we still get a good pass rusher prospect at 4 plus more picks!

Mine that I came up with is :
Cards shock the world and go LT at 1
Raiders trade up from 4 and give us all 3 of their 1st round picks to move up & take Murray
Giants trade up to 3 & take QB
Bosa is still there and we take him at 4
We get CB Williams and WR Mercalf with our other first and a FS in the 2nd round

Somehow, someway, somebody, probably a group of somebody's here would be upset about this doh.

Now THAT'S a dream scenario!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
My dream is that the Cardinals take Bosa, then we trade with the Raiders for their 4, 24 and some more picks. Then at 4 we take Allen. This way we didn't pass on Bosa if he is all pro and we still get a good pass rusher prospect at 4 plus more picks!

Odds are that if Bosa is gone, the Jets take Allen at 3 after missing out on Barr.

Then in that case, I would be happy with taking Q or even another trade.

QW at 4, Burns/Sweat/Greedy/Bradbury/Metcalf at 24
Originally posted by Garce:
Trade Down

Draft Greedy

Take a WR and Edge with the next two picks

oh wait, looking for the high five. That makes more sense with a WR and S next
Oh another poll for Bosa to win
For me it's Bosa...simply because if Buckner was to get hurt I think they have the players that could still stop the run inside and also generate some pressure(ofcourse not on his level), but if Ford was to get hurt they really dont have anybody to get that pressure on the edge, much bigger dropoff
I was willing to settle for Q. Williams or Josh Allen at #2 once Bosa was gone, but Kyler Murray changed all that. Bosa or bust if he's on the board at #2. End of story.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersFanCJinPA:
For me it's Bosa...simply because if Buckner was to get hurt I think they have the players that could still stop the run inside and also generate some pressure(ofcourse not on his level), but if Ford was to get hurt they really dont have anybody to get that pressure on the edge, much bigger dropoff

Agree!
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Bosa.

I get why people want QW and Allen (in a trade down though)

QW is the most unique player in the draft. We will not find another DT like him who can dominate in the run and pass game. What we can do is find interior passrushers and run stoppers and use multiple players to simulate the production of QW.

Allen will be a good player too. And I get why people want to trade down. I just don't trust JL to make the right selections to make up for losing out on Bosa.

It has to be Bosa. He's gonna prove a lot of people on here wrong by being the most productive edge player in the draft. His hands and technique are special. If he's gonna rush against right tackles they won't have a chance.

See that's where I'm not so sure. Bobby Evans (playing right tackle) more or less shut him down in 2017 when Ohio State played Oklahoma. And the reason based on the game (which is easy to find online) is the same thing people keep saying about him: his first step was too slow to get an advantage on the edge, and his arms were too short to prevent Evans (or Brown) from getting a hold of him and redirecting him wide.

Bosa started out on the left side (going against RT Evans), then switched the next drive to the other side of the defense (switching back and forth throughout the game). Of course, LT #78 Orlando Brown also successfully redirected him around the edge on a consistent basis, usually with Bosa slipping to the ground. That's what happens when you are an edge rusher without a quick first step and short arms.

This is kind of what happened most of the game (he's playing left end here, top of screen):

When he did get around the tackle, it was passed the QB, because he was redirected around the pocket.

Bosa did make one great play... but it was against the center who was pulling on a play action pass.

That was his only good pass rush play the entire game, and one of the only games where he played against NFL caliber tackles. Sadly, this play came against a center. The irony is that his teammate, #6 Sam Hubbard (3rd round pick, Bengals), beat the tackles more often in this game. Bosa did make a couple of good plays against the run, getting some penetration, but we're looking for an outside pass rusher, right?

And I hate to be any more critical of a good player, but what about this? Look how slowly he reacts to the snap:

And what's worse, he diagnosis the play wrong and fails to set the edge.

If you don't want to find the entire game, this short recap explains what happened in that game:

This game is important for evaluating Bosa, because both the tackles he went against will or do (Brown is on the Ravens) play in the NFL. He got owned almost the entire game. I am not saying he won't be a very good player in the NFL. But take heed with him. He is not nearly as good as his domination against guys who won't make it out of training camp in the NFL suggests.
Fast forward to 7 minutes, 19 seconds in that video at the bottom.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
See that's where I'm not so sure. Bobby Evans (playing right tackle) more or less shut him down in 2017 when Ohio State played Oklahoma. And the reason based on the game (which is easy to find online) is the same thing people keep saying about him: his first step was too slow to get an advantage on the edge, and his arms were too short to prevent Evans (or Brown) from getting a hold of him and redirecting him wide.

Bosa started out on the left side (going against RT Evans), then switched the next drive to the other side of the defense (switching back and forth throughout the game). Of course, LT #78 Orlando Brown also successfully redirected him around the edge on a consistent basis, usually with Bosa slipping to the ground. That's what happens when you are an edge rusher without a quick first step and short arms.

This is kind of what happened most of the game (he's playing left end here, top of screen):

When he did get around the tackle, it was passed the QB, because he was redirected around the pocket.

Bosa did make one great play... but it was against the center who was pulling on a play action pass.

That was his only good pass rush play the entire game, and one of the only games where he played against NFL caliber tackles. Sadly, this play came against a center. The irony is that his teammate, #6 Sam Hubbard (3rd round pick, Bengals), beat the tackles more often in this game. Bosa did make a couple of good plays against the run, getting some penetration, but we're looking for an outside pass rusher, right?

And I hate to be any more critical of a good player, but what about this? Look how slowly he reacts to the snap:

If you don't want to find the entire game, this short recap explains what happened in that game:

This game is important for evaluating Bosa, because both the tackles he went against will or do (Brown is on the Ravens) play in the NFL. He got owned almost the entire game. I am not saying he won't be a very good player in the NFL. But take heed with him. He is not nearly as good as his domination against guys who won't make it out of training camp in the NFL suggests.

QW>Bosa
Bosa.

We need to add pieces to the puzzle.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Bosa, Allen or QW.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Bosa.

I get why people want QW and Allen (in a trade down though)

QW is the most unique player in the draft. We will not find another DT like him who can dominate in the run and pass game. What we can do is find interior passrushers and run stoppers and use multiple players to simulate the production of QW.

Allen will be a good player too. And I get why people want to trade down. I just don't trust JL to make the right selections to make up for losing out on Bosa.

It has to be Bosa. He's gonna prove a lot of people on here wrong by being the most productive edge player in the draft. His hands and technique are special. If he's gonna rush against right tackles they won't have a chance.

Okay good tape nice to see some lowlights for a change. But you have to keep in mind the age difference. How old is Bosa here? Sophomore 19 or 20? How old are the tackles that beat him? 21 22? Yes nfl-caliber players plus a couple years older they will win. Not necessarily sure that they will beat Bosa in 5 years when the age difference evens out. We all know how Youth Sports goes right?
1. SUPER epic trade down that includes trading my EX
2. Bosa
3. EPIC trade down
4. QW
5. Big Trade down
Share 49ersWebzone