LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 134 users in the forums

Which first round pick would cause the greatest Webzone meltdown?

Which first round pick would cause the greatest Webzone meltdown?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Anyone NOT named Bosa, would cause a meltdown around here. Lets keep it 100%.

This.
Rashan Gary
Kyler Murray
Metcalf
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
QW probably.

I think a lot of guys would be on board with Metcalf because we are the worst in the league at red zone efficiency and probably won't change anytime soon. Jordan Matthews is an okay start, but still have a long way to go to revamp this receiving group.

Metcalf had a good 40 but he wasn't that good in some of the other drills. Not sure he would be a good fit for the Niners. You need really quick feet, good hands and precise patterns to be really effective in the red zone in the NFL. He has size and speed but not so good in the other areas.
If they picked Kyler Murray it would cause this place to crash.
I think it's definitely Bosa...I wouldn't be among those melting down, though. Seems just about every season the majority of mocksters put their chips on one player they think's a no doubter for the Niners. More times than not, they're not even close to getting it right. For this draft, I firmly believe Lynch will take Williams over Bosa. Big picture, I feel he has the skillset to have more of a lasting impact than Nick.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think it's definitely Bosa...I wouldn't be among those melting down, though. Seems just about every season the majority of mocksters put their chips on one player they think's a no doubter for the Niners. More times than not, they're not even close to getting it right. For this draft, I firmly believe Lynch will take Williams over Bosa. Big picture, I feel he has the skillset to have more of a lasting impact than Nick.

Bosa, Williams or a very beneficial trade down. Cool on any.
Depends who goes #1 but I'd say Metcalf from the poll options.
I wanna grab to Brian Burns!! He is worth the person talent!

Originally posted by BuZzB05:
I wanna grab to Brian Burns!! He is worth the person talent!

Out of all the choices it would be Metcalf. But realistically it would be Gary. There would literally be one person in the site who would be a jolly fellow and we know what that is
I don't think any of these options would cause a true meltdown.

While I don't want DK Metcalf, I understand why he's a riveting prospect. Furthermore, if Kyle drafted DK, he would only do so with the confidence that DK could be special, and his seal of approval means a lot to fans. Lastly, the size queens(and they are many) would rejoice and celebrate if DK was the pick. No meltdown.

Most people agree QW is either the best player in the draft or equal to Bosa. No meltdown.

Bosa, Allen, and Burns have a big enough contingent of fans that there won't be a meltdown here, either. All 3 are supremely talented, edge is a need, and I think most people would be happy with any of the 3. No meltdown.

Mike McGlinchey caused a meltdown because 1) fans thought he sucked 2) fans thought we were set at tackle; Fans think Rashan Gary sucks, and that we're set at big end/tweener interior rushers.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 19, 2019 at 1:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
I don't think any of these options would cause a true meltdown.

While I don't want DK Metcalf, I understand why he's a riveting prospect. Furthermore, if Kyle drafted DK, he would only do so with the confidence that DK could be special, and his seal of approval means a lot to fans. Lastly, the size queens(and they are many) would rejoice and celebrate if DK was the pick. No meltdown.

Most people agree QW is either the best player in the draft or equal to Bosa. No meltdown.

Bosa, Allen, and Burns have a big enough contingent of fans that there won't be a meltdown here, either. We need an edge, and I think most people would be happy with any of the 3. No meltdown.

Mike McGlinchey caused a meltdown because 1) fans thought he sucked 2) fans thought we were set at tackle; Fans think Rashan Gary sucks, and that we're set at big end/tweener interior rushers.

basically all of this. Though I think Burns would cause quite a meltdown imo. I just can't get behind drafting DK 2nd, But I wouldn't be mad for long cause Kyle would have a specific vision for him and I know he would get the most outta him.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
if we keep the 2nd overall pick and take someone outside - Bosa - Allen - Que.. any other will create CHAOS aqui !!!
Share 49ersWebzone