LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

this is why we took Ford, and now may NOT get Bosa

Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
I think QW looks like a generational player. He just dominates on the inside. I'd be happy to get him.

plus in a way Q still helps improve the pass rush anyway. I just fear that takes snaps away from Solly, but whatever...
You add Ford Incase Bosa is taken at #1. We couldn't got into next season without adding serious talent at the edge. Ford is just an insurance policy in the event Cards with Bosa
Originally posted by tjd808185:
It really doesn't matter as more likely than not it's not going to be our choice. Arz looks to be heading in Q's direction. They came in with better ends and have upgraded there while doing nothing inside.

Maybe they want Kyler Murray. I hope so. Something about that just doesn't sit right with me. I still find it very hard to believe that a 5'10" QB is going #1 overall in the draft. That's just unprecedented. As good of a College player as he was. Was it all a smoke screen? Who do they really want?
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Mar 13, 2019 at 7:55 AM ]
  • HERN
  • Veteran
For the sake of a meltdown on the zone, I hope Arizona takes one of the two.
Two things:

1. It could be a smoke screen which is not unusual this time of the year.
2. BPA all the way - If we took need out of the equation, even Bosa enthusiast seem to think Williams is the best player in the draft. Every thing I read has Bosa as a pro bowler, while Williams has All Pro/ Defensive MVP potential.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Mar 13, 2019 at 8:02 AM ]
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Ford is just an insurance policy in the event Cards with Bosa

not for that kind of dough, Ford is now our LEO and will be our primary pass rusher next year regardless of who else we get.
Wouldn't hate this at all.
Ford -- QW -- DeFo -- Solomon/Armstead
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
I think QW looks like a generational player. He just dominates on the inside. I'd be happy to get him.

plus in a way Q still helps improve the pass rush anyway. I just fear that takes snaps away from Solly, but whatever...
Like it has been mentioned already, pressure up the middle is how you slow down the best QBs and offenses in the NFL not just rushing from the outside. Facing Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Mahomes, Big Ben, Goff, and Wentz led offenses you need inside pressure. Coming off the edge looks sexy but it doesn't do much to faze the good QBs who simply just step up plus they get rid of the ball so fast you have to be able to get there quick. The quickest way is up the gut. Quinnen williams and Buckner will be unbelievable.

There are a lot great ERs in the NFL, but none of them is more valuable or dominant than Aaron Donald. Given the chance you take the Aaron Donald type of player every single time.
Solly inside is a much better fit than Solly on the outside.
Just can't see landing QW.
He's a monster and one of two elite draft picks this year, but unless we trade Solly and/or Armstead....Get. Me. Bosa.
I'd be happy with either one but Bosa is a huge need even if we have Ford.

Could be a smokescreen article hoping somebody trades a pick or two with us and we can still land one of those two trading down 1-2 spots due to a team wanting a qb after AZ.

NAH
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Mar 13, 2019 at 8:20 AM ]
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:
Wouldn't hate this at all.
Ford -- QW -- DeFo -- Solomon/Armstead

NO
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Like it has been mentioned already, pressure up the middle is how you slow down the best QBs and offenses in the NFL not just rushing from the outside. Facing Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Mahomes, Big Ben, Goff, and Wentz led offenses you need inside pressure. Coming off the edge looks sexy but it doesn't do much to faze the good QBs who simply just step up plus they get rid of the ball so fast you have to be able to get there quick. The quickest way is up the gut. Quinnen williams and Buckner will be unbelievable.

There are a lot great ERs in the NFL, but none of them is more valuable or dominant than Aaron Donald. Given the chance you take the Aaron Donald type of player every single time.

Agreed, plus pressure up the middle is what allows edge players to flourish. When QB's cant step up they become fodder for speed rushers.

I've been in the Bosa contingent but would not be disappointed one bit with QW. Von Miller + Demarcus Ware potential vs Suh + Donald potential.

But Bosa would keep ST off the edge and Marsh on the bench...
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Bosa is a p***y and this team is filled with them. They need dominance. They need Williams.

We got pressure up the middle with Buckner. Let's not act like that St Louis d was anything special. They were pretty average for most of the season. In our scheme Seattle built one of the best d's of all time with Avril, Irvin, Bennett. Outside pressure is a good thing too.
Share 49ersWebzone