There are 201 users in the forums

this is why we took Ford, and now may NOT get Bosa

Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think QW is hall of fame. Bosa may make the Pro Bowl but not every year. I would not pass on QW. I hope the Kyler Murray stuff is not smokescreen as others said for Arizona. It would be devastating if they picked QW. I mean QW with Buckner on the inside. Wow. I don't think the other teams could even function. Teams would be scared to play us.

Lets relax. The patriots functioned just fine against suh and donald. Won a super bowl. Remember?

suh is washed up. Think about the eagles and their success against Brady, pressure up the middle and Ford as Graham.

The chargers have 2 amazing edge rushers. Brady craved them up by stepping up all day and runs up the gut.
[ Edited by crusher49er on Mar 13, 2019 at 5:15 AM ]
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
49ers Torn on Quinnen Williams, Nick Bosa Updated March 12, 2019
By Charlie Campbell. Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell.
Around NFL teams and in the national media, the assumption is the Cardinals or another team will select Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray with the No. 1-overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft. At No. 2 therefore, there is a consensus that the 49ers will take Ohio State defensive end Nick Bosa. From speaking to 49ers sources, however, the team is very torn on who to take with that pick due to loving Alabama defensive tackle Quinnen Williams. Multiple team sources were more enthusiastic about Williams than they were about Bosa at the NFL Scouting Combine and in the week afterward.
Sources with the 49ers were gushing about Williams. They think he is a rare prospect with an amazing skill set of speed and athleticism. Team sources also like Williams' makeup as an individual, and they are very high on his immense upside. Team sources were gushing about how Williams dominated in 2018 in only his first season of real playing time. They feel that the sky is the limit for his potential.
With Bosa, their praise was not as effusive. They like him and feel he is probably the safer pick, but they did not talk about him as being as special of a player or athlete like Williams is. The other thing going for Bosa is edge rush is a bigger need than defensive tackle. Defensive end Solomon Thomas has been a massive disappointment in the pass rush department, while defensive tackle DeForest Buckner was superb last year, ripping off 12 sacks in his third season.
The 49ers want to improve their pass rush, and team sources said that taking Williams to pair with Buckner could be similar to the Los Angeles Rams pairing Ndamukong Suh with Aaron Donald. Another edge rusher who has been projected to be in play for the 49ers is Kentucky linebacker Josh Allen, but 49ers sources were not high on Allen for the No. 2 pick. Allen would be more of a candidate if they traded down. Trading down is also an option that San Francisco would consider.
Read more: http://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/49ers-Torn-on-Quinnen-Williams,-Nick-Bosa#ixzz5i1wNRtSb
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/49ers-Torn-on-Quinnen-Williams,-Nick-Bosa#jxBQluS3iEuOFfU1.99
****THEY ARE NOT AS HIGH ON ALLEN AND BOSA AS MOST OF YOU ARE!!! THEY LOVE THIS GUY

Charlie Campbell and Walterfootball are pretty unreliable imo. I don't trust anything they say....he's always saying "sources" and I don't think he has any
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 13, 2019 at 5:26 AM ]
Originally posted by crusher49er:
suh is washed up. Think about the eagles and their success against Brady, pressure up the middle and Ford as Graham.

The chargers have 2 amazing edge rushers. Brady craved them up by stepping up all day and runs up the gut.

you watch Suh end of the yr and into the playoffs? Nah dude he was far from "washed up". end of the day SF has plenty of interior DTs and need to get a true LEO. Ford isn't that and doesn't change the game plan in any fashion.
Originally posted by English:
So we are talking Bosa, Q or a bucket-load of picks?

Looks fn great to me!

Ford really was a big get, People might not fully grasp the level of options it opens up. We went from Bosa or bust to BPA with trade options at 2. That is a huge game changer. I still think Bosa is my pick by a razor thin margin mostly based on the fact that we have a lot more depth at the interior line, but it is definitely a 1a, 1b type scenario and if someone does want to give us the house to come up and get a guy we have the ability to consider that too. If we can add on solid veteran player to the secondary and or a wide out in the bargain phase that would really allow us to be agile at the draft rather than fill holes.
Quinnen Williams is so much better than Bosa at his respective position. I can't see how people can't see this. QW = Super Elite. Bosa will be a good player who may not even be great. Plus Bosa has been injured in College. Pairing QW with Buckner would be unfair. They would crush the pocket from the inside not allowing QB's to function. I just hope AZ doesn't pick Quinnen Williams. With our FA moves it's obvious we are headed this direction. You don't sink that much money into an edge guy just to draft another edge guy. It's QW and that is in fact great.

Yes, Bosa was injured in college but....let's not forget that Dee Ford has struggled with injuries too. So, we can't act like we are perfectly set at the edge
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Quinnen Williams is so much better than Bosa at his respective position. I can't see how people can't see this. QW = Super Elite. Bosa will be a good player who may not even be great. Plus Bosa has been injured in College. Pairing QW with Buckner would be unfair. They would crush the pocket from the inside not allowing QB's to function. I just hope AZ doesn't pick Quinnen Williams. With our FA moves it's obvious we are headed this direction. You don't sink that much money into an edge guy just to draft another edge guy. It's QW and that is in fact great.

Yes, Bosa was injured in college but....let's not forget that Dee Ford has struggled with injuries too. So, we can't act like we are perfectly set at the edge

Thank you. Love Q Williams but what happens when not if but when Ford gets hurt??? Cassius Marsh? 2 elite edge rushers please then CB then S. Get Allen or Bosa or trade back.
How many middle rushers do we need? No please don't over think it bosa or bust
We're paying Ford $90MM over the next 5 years. In my opinion, Bosa will be much better than Ford over the next 5 years because he's as good a pass rusher and much stronger against the run (Ford is undersized with below average length and has made almost no tackles behind the line of scrimmage other than sacks). Edge rusher is more valuable than interior pass rushers, so even if QW is a slightly better prospect for his position, Bosa is more valuable (he's worth $20MM/year and we only have to pay him $8MM/year over the next 4 years because the rookie pay scale is a joke.
Book this: if Bosa is there at #2 he'll be a 49er.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
49ers Torn on Quinnen Williams, Nick Bosa Updated March 12, 2019
By Charlie Campbell. Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell.
Around NFL teams and in the national media, the assumption is the Cardinals or another team will select Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray with the No. 1-overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft. At No. 2 therefore, there is a consensus that the 49ers will take Ohio State defensive end Nick Bosa. From speaking to 49ers sources, however, the team is very torn on who to take with that pick due to loving Alabama defensive tackle Quinnen Williams. Multiple team sources were more enthusiastic about Williams than they were about Bosa at the NFL Scouting Combine and in the week afterward.
Sources with the 49ers were gushing about Williams. They think he is a rare prospect with an amazing skill set of speed and athleticism. Team sources also like Williams' makeup as an individual, and they are very high on his immense upside. Team sources were gushing about how Williams dominated in 2018 in only his first season of real playing time. They feel that the sky is the limit for his potential.
With Bosa, their praise was not as effusive. They like him and feel he is probably the safer pick, but they did not talk about him as being as special of a player or athlete like Williams is. The other thing going for Bosa is edge rush is a bigger need than defensive tackle. Defensive end Solomon Thomas has been a massive disappointment in the pass rush department, while defensive tackle DeForest Buckner was superb last year, ripping off 12 sacks in his third season.
The 49ers want to improve their pass rush, and team sources said that taking Williams to pair with Buckner could be similar to the Los Angeles Rams pairing Ndamukong Suh with Aaron Donald. Another edge rusher who has been projected to be in play for the 49ers is Kentucky linebacker Josh Allen, but 49ers sources were not high on Allen for the No. 2 pick. Allen would be more of a candidate if they traded down. Trading down is also an option that San Francisco would consider.
Read more: http://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/49ers-Torn-on-Quinnen-Williams,-Nick-Bosa#ixzz5i1wNRtSb
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/49ers-Torn-on-Quinnen-Williams,-Nick-Bosa#jxBQluS3iEuOFfU1.99
****THEY ARE NOT AS HIGH ON ALLEN AND BOSA AS MOST OF YOU ARE!!! THEY LOVE THIS GUY

Charlie Campbell and Walterfootball are pretty unreliable imo. I don't trust anything they say....he's always saying "sources" and I don't think he has any

This and lol at people saying we don't need another passrusher. You got two elite passrushers coming off the edge is scary for any team to face. We need to stop getting cute and take Bosa if he's there PERIOD

Hey if we think AZ may pass on Bosa for QW who's to say we wouldn't?

Personally I think we take Bosa if he's there since we still technically need a Leo and we are stacked inside.

If Bosa goes one I do think it could be QW or a trade down.
Originally posted by Broseph6:
How many middle rushers do we need? No please don't over think it bosa or bust

Solomon Thomas doesn't help our depth whether on the interior or the edge. So you can't count him. We can still use more defensive line.

You have to take the best player. That's Quinnen Williams. QW + Buckner would be impossible to play against. Just unbelievable.
  • All22
  • Veteran
I think the coaches are going to be pouring over Soloman Thomas' inside rushes to try to figure out if he's the guy there. (Btw, what ever happened to that film review someone was doing ???)

If they like Thomas on the inside then they may take Metcalf or a CB.
Both really good football players. I'm happy with either one.

But I think QW is the better player. We should cut ties with Solomon unless he wants to play the Big End role like AA
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
I think QW is hall of fame. Bosa may make the Pro Bowl but not every year. I would not pass on QW. I hope the Kyler Murray stuff is not smokescreen as others said for Arizona. It would be devastating if they picked QW. I mean QW with Buckner on the inside. Wow. I don't think the other teams could even function. Teams would be scared to play us.

Lets relax. The patriots functioned just fine against suh and donald. Won a super bowl. Remember?

Yeah what of that Super Bowl? The Patriots scored all of 13 points. Easily good enough for the Rams to win. The Rams offense scored 3 points. The same offense that was capable of 50+ during the season. Yet you point to their defense as why they lost.

Brady had 262 yards and 1 interception BTW. What a "great" game. He is not why they won this one. The Rams offense and Patriots defense is.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Mar 13, 2019 at 6:50 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone