LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

this is why we took Ford, and now may NOT get Bosa

Originally posted by mayo49:
I'd take Bosa/Allen - ER is the bigger need.

Not anymore and that is the point, we have 1 quality starter in each position, plenty of room to add a second in either.
I was no doubt in on the bosa or bust train but I think I'm starting to lean on Williams. I just think dude can be a flat out super star, a perennial all pro. Him and Buckner will be ridiculous for years, we can try our luck finding another edge in the later rounds
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Not anymore and that is the point, we have 1 quality starter in each position, plenty of room to add a second in either.

Williams would be amazing next to DeFo, but so would a Bosa and Ford duo. I don't think we could go wrong with either one.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 13, 2019 at 1:08 AM ]
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I was no doubt in on the bosa or bust train but I think I'm starting to lean on Williams. I just think dude can be a flat out super star, a perennial all pro. Him and Buckner will be ridiculous for years, we can try our luck finding another edge in the later rounds

I agree.
So we are talking Bosa, Q or a bucket-load of picks?

Looks fn great to me!
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Williams would be amazing next to DeFo, but so would a Bosa and Ford duo. I don't think we could go wrong with either one.

Exactly
Originally posted by English:

Looks fn great to me!

We are probably sitting in a pretty good position assuming Arizona picks Kyler Murray. I hope they do. It gives us some options. Some good ones too.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think QW is hall of fame. Bosa may make the Pro Bowl but not every year. I would not pass on QW. I hope the Kyler Murray stuff is not smokescreen as others said for Arizona. It would be devastating if they picked QW. I mean QW with Buckner on the inside. Wow. I don't think the other teams could even function. Teams would be scared to play us.

Lets relax. The patriots functioned just fine against suh and donald. Won a super bowl. Remember?
Originally posted by English:

Looks fn great to me!

No. The bucket load of maybes is not the same as a known producer. Dont chase butterflys. Keep it real.
I remember hearing the announcers at teh Super Bowl saying a lot that "Goff can't step up into the pocket" because the up front pressure was right there in his face. As the NFC rep in the Super Bowl and a division opponent, seems like the 49ers might want to try and build on that philosophy? QW helps there.

Better be a smoke screen.
This time last year we got pegged to just about everyone but McGlinchy…. It was a week before the draft before his name really started popping up for us.
Pull a Thomas Trubisky Bears with the Jets, moving down one spot letting them think we want Bosa and get Q and picks.
Originally posted by BOI49er:
Pull a Thomas Trubisky Bears with the Jets, moving down one spot letting them think we want Bosa and get Q and picks.

who do the Jets want to move up for ?

Can't see it, Raiders or Giants would be the teams.
Originally posted by hofer36:
i dont think nick bosa is as good as his brother joey--id take williams

All of the experts disagree.
Share 49ersWebzone