LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

this is why we took Ford, and now may NOT get Bosa

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
49ers Torn on Quinnen Williams, Nick Bosa Updated March 12, 2019
By Charlie Campbell. Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell.
Around NFL teams and in the national media, the assumption is the Cardinals or another team will select Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray with the No. 1-overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft. At No. 2 therefore, there is a consensus that the 49ers will take Ohio State defensive end Nick Bosa. From speaking to 49ers sources, however, the team is very torn on who to take with that pick due to loving Alabama defensive tackle Quinnen Williams. Multiple team sources were more enthusiastic about Williams than they were about Bosa at the NFL Scouting Combine and in the week afterward.
Sources with the 49ers were gushing about Williams. They think he is a rare prospect with an amazing skill set of speed and athleticism. Team sources also like Williams' makeup as an individual, and they are very high on his immense upside. Team sources were gushing about how Williams dominated in 2018 in only his first season of real playing time. They feel that the sky is the limit for his potential.
With Bosa, their praise was not as effusive. They like him and feel he is probably the safer pick, but they did not talk about him as being as special of a player or athlete like Williams is. The other thing going for Bosa is edge rush is a bigger need than defensive tackle. Defensive end Solomon Thomas has been a massive disappointment in the pass rush department, while defensive tackle DeForest Buckner was superb last year, ripping off 12 sacks in his third season.
The 49ers want to improve their pass rush, and team sources said that taking Williams to pair with Buckner could be similar to the Los Angeles Rams pairing Ndamukong Suh with Aaron Donald. Another edge rusher who has been projected to be in play for the 49ers is Kentucky linebacker Josh Allen, but 49ers sources were not high on Allen for the No. 2 pick. Allen would be more of a candidate if they traded down. Trading down is also an option that San Francisco would consider.
Read more: http://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/49ers-Torn-on-Quinnen-Williams,-Nick-Bosa#ixzz5i1wNRtSb
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/49ers-Torn-on-Quinnen-Williams,-Nick-Bosa#jxBQluS3iEuOFfU1.99
****THEY ARE NOT AS HIGH ON ALLEN AND BOSA AS MOST OF YOU ARE!!! THEY LOVE THIS GUY

Very believable scenario . Especially considering how much of a savage Williams is . But I can't believe any of this pre draft stuff. After they surprised everyone with that Glinch pick. They ain't letting s**t out
The glinch rumors started coming out like a week before the draft, I remember saying this is the biggest smoke screen ever then the rumors got hotter a day or 2 before the draft and more rumors came out that's the guy the raiders were in love with. Then come draft day boom he's the pick

Kind of the same with solomon right? It was obvious that we were going to pick him leading up to the draft. We probably are gonna hear something similar like a week or 2 before the draft.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Around NFL teams and in the national media, the assumption is the Cardinals or another team will select Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray with the No. 1-overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft. At No. 2 therefore, there is a consensus that the 49ers will take Ohio State defensive end Nick Bosa. From speaking to 49ers sources, however, the team is very torn on who to take with that pick due to loving Alabama defensive tackle Quinnen Williams. Multiple team sources were more enthusiastic about Williams than they were about Bosa at the NFL Scouting Combine and in the week afterward.
Sources with the 49ers were gushing about Williams. They think he is a rare prospect with an amazing skill set of speed and athleticism. Team sources also like Williams' makeup as an individual, and they are very high on his immense upside. Team sources were gushing about how Williams dominated in 2018 in only his first season of real playing time. They feel that the sky is the limit for his potential.
With Bosa, their praise was not as effusive. They like him and feel he is probably the safer pick, but they did not talk about him as being as special of a player or athlete like Williams is. The other thing going for Bosa is edge rush is a bigger need than defensive tackle. Defensive end Solomon Thomas has been a massive disappointment in the pass rush department, while defensive tackle DeForest Buckner was superb last year, ripping off 12 sacks in his third season.
The 49ers want to improve their pass rush, and team sources said that taking Williams to pair with Buckner could be similar to the Los Angeles Rams pairing Ndamukong Suh with Aaron Donald. Another edge rusher who has been projected to be in play for the 49ers is Kentucky linebacker Josh Allen, but 49ers sources were not high on Allen for the No. 2 pick. Allen would be more of a candidate if they traded down. Trading down is also an option that San Francisco would consider.
Read more: http://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/49ers-Torn-on-Quinnen-Williams,-Nick-Bosa#ixzz5i1wNRtSb
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/49ers-Torn-on-Quinnen-Williams,-Nick-Bosa#jxBQluS3iEuOFfU1.99
****THEY ARE NOT AS HIGH ON ALLEN AND BOSA AS MOST OF YOU ARE!!! THEY LOVE THIS GUY

Very believable scenario . Especially considering how much of a savage Williams is . But I can't believe any of this pre draft stuff. After they surprised everyone with that Glinch pick. They ain't letting s**t out
The glinch rumors started coming out like a week before the draft, I remember saying this is the biggest smoke screen ever then the rumors got hotter a day or 2 before the draft and more rumors came out that's the guy the raiders were in love with. Then come draft day boom he's the pick

Kind of the same with solomon right? It was obvious that we were going to pick him leading up to the draft. We probably are gonna hear something similar like a week or 2 before the draft.
Yup, most of us knew Solomon was gonna be the pick. This year is gonna be easy bosa is gonna be the pick of Zona takes Murray. Now if the Q rumors come out and heat up as the day approaches then things get interesting
Originally posted by Costanza:
I think it will be too hard to pass on Bosa if he's sitting there at #2. They would have to really LOVE Quennin...

I love Quennin as a prospect and I think in a lot of ways he's a better prospect than Bosa. But edge rushers are at a premium and I think they'll eventually settle on Bosa for that reason.

I agree and like all you say. If maybe diff. players in this scenario, (Suggs or Ansah instead of Ford) then hell yeah- GET BOSA,, but don't see it. If Bosa could rush from LDE, again Hell Yeah, get BOSA. But seems like these guys are moving to an Interior guy or a SAM LB guy, whether they keep #2 or trade down.

This would be ideal for sure, I can be hopeful on this.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
.. with the amount of defensive talent in the draft, I personally think that it would be best to get the best trade offer if Murray goes 1st while other teams would love to move to the 2nd spot and get us extra picks.

we can then fill in the holes both offense or defense and be build much faster.

I believe they only came out because Chris Simms who's very close to Kyle brought him up on his podcast or whatever he does. People picked it up and started running with it. Raiders let it be known they want McGlinchey long before that and it bit them in the ass.

We're not releasing info like being thrown out here a month+ before the draft.
Originally posted by 9moon:
.. with the amount of defensive talent in the draft, I personally think that it would be best to get the best trade offer if Murray goes 1st while other teams would love to move to the 2nd spot and get us extra picks.

we can then fill in the holes both offense or defense and be build much faster.

Man, wish you was our GM..lol
FRFR, I'd get a king ransom from whoever wants this pick
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
I hope this article is true. And that AZ does not draft him. I want QW now that we have Ford.

Great thing is if AZ does draft him we simply draft Bosa.

Cannot lose in this situation. Just draft whoever is remaining of the two. If AZ takes Murray..............

Whoever Shanalynch likes the best between QW and Bosa. Just get one of them.
No thanks, give me Bosa.... QW disappeared in the championship game... needed him to take over.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
I hope this article is true. And that AZ does not draft him. I want QW now that we have Ford.

Great thing is if AZ does draft him we simply draft Bosa.

Cannot lose in this situation. Just draft whoever is remaining of the two. If AZ takes Murray..............

Whoever Shanalynch likes the best between QW and Bosa. Just get one of them.
No thanks, give me Bosa.... QW disappeared in the championship game... needed him to take over.

1 guy isn't taking over against a great opponent. You think Bosa would have taken that game over for Ohio State? Lol
Originally posted by Stevec9932:

Aaron Donald didn't do much in the SB. I guess he's no good either.

Drafting QW would essentially be giving up on Solomon Thomas. I don't think Lynch/Shanahan would give up so soon on such a high pick that they made.

I really hope we trade down. We could easily have 2 1st round picks plus a very high 2nd with which we could address DE, WR, and S.

If I remember right we didn't have any visits with him and yea exactly, nobody even considered him till the last second rumors.

Many were positive Solomon was the pick for months. He was in most mock drafts and seemed like and obvious match.

Glinch came out of no where though right before the draft. And many still weren't buying it or in denial.
I thought it was interesting that the Niners' trade for Dee Ford was announced almost immediately after the Beckham trade happened. This caught my attention, and is it possible the two trades were connected? The Giants moved Beckham to get a second 1st rounder to trade up to #2 to draft Dwayne Haskins? The Niners' would get the #6 and #17 picks and probably a 4th rounder.

If this Happens the Niners could lose out on Bosa, Q.W. and Josh Allen, but it's also possible at least one of them could slip to #6. If this trade does happen it would allow the Niners to get their DL or LB at #6, Safe or Corner at #17 and WR in the second.

What do you think? Realistic or no? If it is, who would you guys take at those three spots?
At the rate we are going with signing injured players, I think Bosa is a lock for us.
Share 49ersWebzone