LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

Kyler Murray, QB OU

Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Tylerawiseguy:
People in the NFL are saying that kyler Murray will go in the top 15 if he declares and commits to playing football over baseball . Some facts to know kyler Murray is not 5"10 . He will measure out to 5"9 . He is pretty damn small but he is electric with a strong accurate arm . If he was 6 feet he would be the 1 pick . Some NFL scouts called him a cross between Doug floute and Russell Wilson .

Yeah, he's short - I think he's around 5'8", but dude can ball.

I don't have it but there's a picture of him standing next to Antonio Brown (5' 10 1/8) and Brown was ever so slightly taller. I would be surprised if he's under 5' 9. I think he'll stretch and get to 5' 10 just barely.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Tylerawiseguy:
People in the NFL are saying that kyler Murray will go in the top 15 if he declares and commits to playing football over baseball . Some facts to know kyler Murray is not 5"10 . He will measure out to 5"9 . He is pretty damn small but he is electric with a strong accurate arm . If he was 6 feet he would be the 1 pick . Some NFL scouts called him a cross between Doug floute and Russell Wilson .

Yeah, he's short - I think he's around 5'8", but dude can ball.

I don't have it but there's a picture of him standing next to Antonio Brown (5' 10 1/8) and Brown was ever so slightly taller. I would be surprised if he's under 5' 9. I think he'll stretch and get to 5' 10 just barely.
He might measure a little over 5"9 or right at 5"9 ... If he could measure at 5"10 that would be good for him and his bank account . If he measures out at 5"9 or 5"10 and he gets drafted in the top 10 that's gonna be pretty cool because a few years ago there would be no chance in hell for that to happen .
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
It's gonna be crazy on draft night in a couple months and kyler Murray is a top 10 draft pick . 😳
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
His height may be a problem with the bigger linemen in the NFL but his frame is the bigger issue. People can't compare him to Wilson who is only 5'10" or so because Wilson is much bigger. 215-220 lbs vs about 185-190?. Not sure how long he would last. He may never be a superstar in baseball but he was drafted 9th overall so the A's must see a major league career in 2-3 years. He would probably be a Rickey Henderson type guy.

Oklahoma's linemen are very close to NFL size. Maybe like half an inch shorter on average.

I was talking about defensive lineman who are consistently taller. He may face a guy like Watt once or twice a year at Oklahoma. In the NFL you see them every week. And the defenses are faster so it will be harder to run away from them. All the running QB's eventually realize they can't survive if they keep running.
Kyler Murray will be a top 10 pick because a team will undoubtedly reach for him, but I highly doubt anyone would reach for him at pick 5 or less due to his stature and weight even if he lights it up at the combine. Let go of the hope that Bosa will fall to #2. No way it happens.
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
Kyler Murray will be a top 10 pick because a team will undoubtedly reach for him, but I highly doubt anyone would reach for him at pick 5 or less due to his stature and weight even if he lights it up at the combine. Let go of the hope that Bosa will fall to #2. No way it happens.

Someone will overdraft Haskins. Teams will be desperate for qb play. Every other year someone says no qb is worth a top 5 pick and almost every year a qb goes 1st or 2nd overall.
Would've liked to see him on the A's, but I knew it was a gamble. Smart move for him to maximum his earnings. The NFL is calling and he can play soon. With baseball, he'll have to compete his way through the minors.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
This chick is NUTS

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Kyler is a munchkin be dude can ball.
Ive never seen him play, but dude can ball out. Good touch on his throws and has a high football iq. He needs to have major work on his footwork though. If he could do that and prove he can take snaps from under center, he will be the top qb chosen. Good news for us :) broncos giants jags dolphins.. come on down.
Originally posted by dngt49:
Ive never seen him play, but dude can ball out. Good touch on his throws and has a high football iq. He needs to have major work on his footwork though. If he could do that and prove he can take snaps from under center, he will be the top qb chosen. Good news for us :) broncos giants jags dolphins.. come on down.

If he's an equal prospect to Haskins, that hurts us not helps us. Less demand to trade up for a QB if there are two worth being picked in the top 10-15. Teams are going to look at the draft value chart and decide not to trade up with the 49ers, because there isn't a QB worth that much draft capital this year.
I don't think it will hurt at all. If a team loves Haskins wlthey'll move up. Most GM's and coaches know they'll still get canned if plan b fails. The owner doesn't say well he was your 2nd highest graded qb.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by dngt49:

If he's an equal prospect to Haskins, that hurts us not helps us. Less demand to trade up for a QB if there are two worth being picked in the top 10-15. Teams are going to look at the draft value chart and decide not to trade up with the 49ers, because there isn't a QB worth that much draft capital this year.

I don't think so because Kyler might be off teams boards entirely because of his height. Honestly Kyler might end up being the best pick for the Cards.
Share 49ersWebzone