LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 346 users in the forums

Kyler Murray, QB OU

The cardinals gave the josh rosen the death vote of confidence like we like you and wont draft kyler murray well that's a bunch of bull s**t ! I don't buy it for one second !
The draft season is a bunch of lies! Its a smokescreen .
[ Edited by Tylerawiseguy on Feb 14, 2019 at 2:28 PM ]
Originally posted by Tylerawiseguy:

For sure, they're trying to make sure no one trades up ahead of them for Kyler
Originally posted by Sunshine:

No there not you idiot and smart ass . They are just trying to coddle there immature Qb josh rosen so he wont loose confidence that's why they are supporting him but I don't believe that s**t for one second that they wont consider drafting kyler murray . Kyler murray would do great in his offense and he knows it .
[ Edited by Tylerawiseguy on Feb 14, 2019 at 3:00 PM ]
  • Homer
  • Veteran
No there not you idiot and smart ass . They are just trying to coddle there immature Qb josh rosen so he wont loose confidence that's why they are supporting him but I don't believe that s**t for one second that they wont consider drafting kyler murray . Kyler murray would do great in his offense and he knows it .

Tylerajerkguy is more like it, jeeze

LMAO you edited to add smart ass.

I don't know that insults were called for there, but you're right that nothing anyone says leading up to an NFL draft can ever be trusted. That said, I can't imagine they'd draft Murray without a trade for Rosen already lined up. No doubt there's a team that would like a QB and either drafts too late in the first round or doesn't like the QBs in this draft. The Cards could wait until after the draft to trade Rosen, but they would probably be getting draft picks in return, and a pick this year is much more valuable than a pick in the same round next year. Most likely they either trade Rosen before the draft or they don't draft Murray.
Originally posted by Garoppolis:

I don't know that insults were called for there, but you're right that nothing anyone says leading up to an NFL draft can ever be trusted. That said, I can't imagine they'd draft Murray without a trade for Rosen already lined up. No doubt there's a team that would like a QB and either drafts too late in the first round or doesn't like the QBs in this draft. The Cards could wait until after the draft to trade Rosen, but they would probably be getting draft picks in return, and a pick this year is much more valuable than a pick in the same round next year. Most likely they either trade Rosen before the draft or they don't draft Murray.

The Cardinals would also eat all of Rosen's dead money, it's very far fetched. Also any trade value would be diminished as teams would know the Cardinals would need him gone.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
The Cardinals would also eat all of Rosen's dead money, it's very far fetched. Also any trade value would be diminished as teams would know the Cardinals would need him gone.

I'm absolutely not saying I think it happens, but financially they could definitely trade him if they wanted to.

They've got 40 million in cap room right now. If they traded him after June 1 they'd have 2.7 million in dead money each year for the next three years, which is really manageable.

If they traded him pre-June 1 it would be 8 this year, 5 next year and 3 the year after that. That's still doable, though.

Their issue in all this would be that they'd obviously rather trade him post-June 1, but the draft is in April, and if they've already drafted Murray they've lost a lot of leverage in trading Rosen.
[ Edited by PopeyeJonesing on Feb 15, 2019 at 6:10 AM ]

I disagree about the trade value...if they want a good young (cheap) QB value is there no doubt. It's just not realistic and only fun to talk about lol
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I disagree about the trade value...if they want a good young (cheap) QB value is there no doubt. It's just not realistic and only fun to talk about lol

It is fun to talk about, but you've got to consider the market. The #1 overall pick this year is coveted, the Cardinals don't desperately need it and some other teams do, they can sell to the highest bidder, seller's market.

If they were to try and trade Rosen people would know that they are the desperate ones, they want Murray and are just hoping someone calls, becomes a buyer's market.

Granted as soon as two or more teams call you can start to play them off against each other and get some power back, but they still know you have to sell.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

It is fun to talk about, but you've got to consider the market. The #1 overall pick this year is coveted, the Cardinals don't desperately need it and some other teams do, they can sell to the highest bidder, seller's market.

If they were to try and trade Rosen people would know that they are the desperate ones, they want Murray and are just hoping someone calls, becomes a buyer's market.

Granted as soon as two or more teams call you can start to play them off against each other and get some power back, but they still know you have to sell.

Hmmm, interesting discussion. I am not actually convinced that the #1 is that coveted this year. Bosa and Q are likely the best prospects but NFL gm's love qb's. I guess we will have to wait and see if any team is dumb enough to trade up to #1 or 2 for one of this year's qb's. I doubt anyone will pay a draft fortune to trade up for Bosa or Q. Should be a fun draft.
Originally posted by English:
Hmmm, interesting discussion. I am not actually convinced that the #1 is that coveted this year. Bosa and Q are likely the best prospects but NFL gm's love qb's. I guess we will have to wait and see if any team is dumb enough to trade up to #1 or 2 for one of this year's qb's. I doubt anyone will pay a draft fortune to trade up for Bosa or Q. Should be a fun draft.

You're right about GM's loving QB's. More mistakes have been made in the first round at that position than any other. The jump from college QB to the NFL is greater than at any other position because of both offensive and defensive complexity. So many just can't do it.
Originally posted by LVJay:
5'5. 155 lbs. Dude is dainty with hands smaller than Alex Smith's hands. He'll get hurt in practice. We talking bout practice #BookIt

Peter king reporting Murray is up to 206 lbs. saw a pic of him at a OU ball game and he's looking thick
Share 49ersWebzone