LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

Dalton Risner

Only available if the Niners get more draft capital by trading down from #2. Think this kid will definitely be taken in the last 10 picks of the first round. Good showing at Senior Bowl alongs with the versatility to play anywhere on the line. Would be a great pickup, but Niners will most likely end up with someone like Chris Lindstrom if they stand pat at #36.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I heard Allen got him pretty good as well, but they haven't cut up KU Vs KS yet.

Risner definitely had Sweat's number in the Senior Bowl.

Here's a couple reps of sweat vs Dalton this yr

He was much better vs him at the SB
Dalton is still the man and if we can move down grab some extra picks, he's a guy I'd love to target with some of those extra picks
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Risner in the second round would be perfect.
He can destroy people inside first and then play OT when Staley will ( ) retire.
Sweat did not woop risner this year. He had one impressive rep vs the run and one vs the pass, but was otherwise absolutely controlled by risner

Edit: just saw you posted the vids above. Those were the only two clean wins by sweat that I can remember from the game.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Feb 10, 2019 at 12:18 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Dalton is still the man and if we can move down grab some extra picks, he's a guy I'd love to target with some of those extra picks
This is where I stand aswell. If we somehow decide to trade down even if Bosa is there or not, I would be ok trading down for a nice haul. Get Burns, Risner and fill other needs. Risner plug him at G until Staley retires. We can also get another interior lineman to groom to take over the vacated G spot where Risner was playing prior to moving to OT. At this point, I'm only for Bosa or trade down. We're at a good spot at 2 as we got some options.
I thought Risner played very well against Sweat when you watch the entire game. I love his toughness, his heart, and his passion for football. He is going to make some errors from time to time against twitchy, rangy edge rushers, but this is a quality football player, a leader, a guy who plays through the whistle, and a guy who players will fight in the trenches with.

Honestly, my favorite part of Senior Bowl week was the partnership between Risner and Lindstrom. Those guys were having a blast together. Just two football junkies playing the game they love.

He might be available at the start of the second round. I don't believe he will test out well at the combine, and that might cause him to slide into the second.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 10, 2019 at 1:35 PM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I thought Risner played very well against Sweat when you watch the entire game. I love his toughness, his heart, and his passion for football. He is going to make some errors from time to time against twitchy, rangy edge rushers, but this is a quality football player, a leader, a guy who plays through the whistle, and a guy who players will fight in the trenches with.

Honestly, my favorite part of Senior Bowl week was the partnership between Risner and Lindstrom. Those guys were having a blast together. Just two football junkies playing the game they love.

He might be available at the start of the second round. I don't believe he will test out well at the combine, and that might cause him to slide into the second.

Doubt they would do it, but I would be happy taking both Risner and Lindstrom in the second from the compensation if We somehow able to trade down from 2 and taking the next available ER like Burns. The Oline will be one of the youngest and will be set for the next 10 years with Glinch. Heck, our division has some of the better defensive lines to go against. Why not invest and protect our FQB that we paid a lot of money. I like the idea of Burns and a FA ER whether it's Ansah, Graham or Z. Smith to go along with.
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Feb 10, 2019 at 3:32 PM ]

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Would love this guy next to Glinch until Staley is ready to go!
This guys should get more talk. I think he's perfect for us, reminds me a lot of Braden Smith last year.

I could see him at the end of the first, but if he's still there it would take a lot for me to pass.
Maybe we'll trade up?
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
This guys should get more talk. I think he's perfect for us, reminds me a lot of Braden Smith last year.

I could see him at the end of the first, but if he's still there it would take a lot for me to pass.

One thing that I've noticed is that we have to have tackles that are elite run blockers. When you run zone the tackles usually always have to be athletic and strong enough run blockers to allow the guards to get to the second level.

Risner fits this description to a T and could also play guard. Unless someone like AJ or Hollywood brown dropped to the second round. Risner would easily be my pick.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
One thing that I've noticed is that we have to have tackles that are elite run blockers. When you run zone the tackles usually always have to be athletic and strong enough run blockers to allow the guards to get to the second level.

Risner fits this description to a T and could also play guard. Unless someone like AJ or Hollywood brown dropped to the second round. Risner would easily be my pick.

I'm with ya, id be shocked if he makes it past AZ at 33
Share 49ersWebzone