There are 188 users in the forums

Dalton Risner

Haven't seen much hype on here, but feels like this guy should be on our radar at the top of the second round.

A lot of people are projecting he'll have to move inside, but I could see him sticking at RT ala Braden Smith this year. He can contribute at guard for a year or two until Staley rides out his career, and then bookend oposite McGlinchey for the next decade.

R1: Bosa or trade down for next tier of pass rushers
R2: Risner
R3/R4: WR / LB
Originally posted by Bimbo_Coles:
Haven't seen much hype on here, but feels like this guy should be on our radar at the top of the second round.

A lot of people are projecting he'll have to move inside, but I could see him sticking at RT ala Braden Smith this year. He can contribute at guard for a year or two until Staley rides out his career, and then bookend oposite McGlinchey for the next decade.

R1: Bosa or trade down for next tier of pass rushers
R2: Risner
R3/R4: WR / LB

He's been a first round guy since the very beginning of the season. Don't see much of a chance of him making it to the 2nd, he's a legit NFL caliber starting right tackle prospect. I think he goes anywhere from 12 to 28.
Just like Frank Ragnow of last year, I wish he would fall to the 2nd, but I don't see it happening..
Some boards have Risner at center. If he can play every OL position, it would invaluable. But it's unclear whether Shanalynch see the OL interior as a problem.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Some boards have Risner at center. If he can play every OL position, it would invaluable. But it's unclear whether Shanalynch see the OL interior as a problem.

One thing for sure - they see ER as a problem.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

His football IQ is pretty ridiculous, I think he can play any spot on the OL. In that regard, he's a natural fit for this offense but I think he is gone quite a bit before the 49ers are on the clock in the 2nd round.
This is just a very good football player. Smart, experienced, savvy. Someone is going to get a stud. Loved BJ Finney coming out of KSU years ago, and love RIsner as well. Plug and Play starter. I think he goes somewhere in the 30-50 range in this draft
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
This is just a very good football player. Smart, experienced, savvy. Someone is going to get a stud. Loved BJ Finney coming out of KSU years ago, and love RIsner as well. Plug and Play starter. I think he goes somewhere in the 30-50 range in this draft

Thanks MD. I hope the Niners choose Risner if he is available in the second round. I don't think Garnett will be back. If Richberg has been playing badly due to his injury but the coaches feel the OL couldn't be improved by moving Person to C and Garnett to G, then the Niners have no confidence in Garnett. That leaves a very thin interior (not to mention no one good behind Staley and McGlinchey). Risner would have the versatility Shanahan seems to cherish (see Pettis).
Man the more I watch the more I like...dude punished guys and can play every spot on the OL.

If he's sitting there at 36 I wouldn't be upset getting him at all.

I think he can be a tackle at the next level but he'd start out at guard for us until Joe wants to hang it up

I'd heard snippets about him playing against Josh Allen and Clelin Ferrell, but it wasn't until the Senior Bowl that I took notice.

I think he's perfect for us in our scheme, would be an amazing Guard, and would give us an option like La'el Collins in Dallas to kick out eventually or stay inside.

Unfortunately I think he'll be out of ideal draft range for us and I'd be surprised if we traded up for him.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I'd heard snippets about him playing against Josh Allen and Clelin Ferrell, but it wasn't until the Senior Bowl that I took notice.

I think he's perfect for us in our scheme, would be an amazing Guard, and would give us an option like La'el Collins in Dallas to kick out eventually or stay inside.

Unfortunately I think he'll be out of ideal draft range for us and I'd be surprised if we traded up for him.

I wouldn't be shocked if he's sitting there at 36. There's some other top quality OTs and I guess it depends on where a team values him.

He did get his butt whooped vs Sweat this yr other than that dude has been steady eddy for yrs.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

I wouldn't be shocked if he's sitting there at 36. There's some other top quality OTs and I guess it depends on where a team values him.

He did get his butt whooped vs Sweat this yr other than that dude has been steady eddy for yrs.

I heard Allen got him pretty good as well, but they haven't cut up KU Vs KS yet.

Risner definitely had Sweat's number in the Senior Bowl.
Share 49ersWebzone