Bradbury
Sweat
Saunders
Keke
Lindstrom
Renfrow

Lot of guys I'd like on our squad.

Gary jennings should be added as well

Yeah that's fair, I didn't like that he didn't sell his slant routes, though he scored one and got a flag on another. I don't see any nuance, but he did have a nice game. Great grab on the deep ball.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Oh. Some guys didn't look so great in the Senior Bowl. Oh really?

Could be because they've been rested for two+ months. It's not like they've been practicing for a championship game.

There's no chemistry with these guys. I can't put too much stock in one (not a playoff) game. I'm pretty sure Shanny and Co got a good perspective on certain players tho. I hope no one was seriously injured over a peanut butter cup
Originally posted by LVJay:
Oh. Some guys didn't look so great in the Senior Bowl. Oh really?

Could be because they've been rested for two+ months. It's not like they've been practicing for a championship game.

There's no chemistry with these guys. I can't put too much stock in one (not a playoff) game. I'm pretty sure Shanny and Co got a good perspective on certain players tho. I hope no one was seriously injured over a peanut butter cup

That is true, but given that it's mainly man to man you get a nice sense of who the better players are in a matchup. I loved watching Omenihu Vs Dillard, very even battle, Omenihu had another few big wins elsewhere.

Ximines for me showed he didn't belong at that level, and Ferguson underwhelmed, all good info.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
That is true, but given that it's mainly man to man you get a nice sense of who the better players are in a matchup. I loved watching Omenihu Vs Dillard, very even battle, Omenihu had another few big wins elsewhere.

Ximines for me showed he didn't belong at that level, and Ferguson underwhelmed, all good info.

"Man to man" that's a very good point and only way to look at it from an (match ups) evaluation standpoint. It may show some early signs (positive/negatives) and give the draft pundits more to talk about. I'm glad our staff was out there to get to know the players a little more...
Sadly the Senior Bowl has been reduced to second tier players because of the current trend where the best players stay out so they can prep for the combine. Most of the first rounders and all the top guys weren't there. Some of the players that did show up will get drafted and some may even become good players but it's too bad we don't get to see them going up against the best guys. Maybe it's better for them. They mentioned during the game that 30% of current NFL players participated in the Senior Bowl. With all the holdouts this year I'm guessing that number will go down.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Sadly the Senior Bowl has been reduced to second tier players because of the current trend where the best players stay out so they can prep for the combine. Most of the first rounders and all the top guys weren't there. Some of the players that did show up will get drafted and some may even become good players but it's too bad we don't get to see them going up against the best guys. Maybe it's better for them. They mentioned during the game that 30% of current NFL players participated in the Senior Bowl. With all the holdouts this year I'm guessing that number will go down.

These bowls are only for players who can truly help themselves, with limited downside. That's why it's great for projected mid rounders, sprinkled with 5-6 mid 1st rounders - early 2nd. Why would a prospect show up if they can skip it and still boost their stock throughout the remainder of the offseason? Risk/reward is often simply not there for top picks. Those that do show up are the exception, not the rule.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
My big winners from the game

McLaurin
Risner
Egoba
Omenihu
Isabella
Doss
Adderley
Bradbury
Sweat
Saunders
Keke
Lindstrom
Renfrow

Lot of guys I'd like on our squad.

I thought the QB Lock showed well. His receivers had a couple of drops, the worst being McLaurin's in the end zone on the nicely-placed 20 something yard pass.
Overall, a very good day for the offense, which is pretty rare in these games.

Some observations:
A tale of two stories for the QBs: Finley, Lock, Jackson, Jones- solid; Minshaw, Grier, McSorley....flat out bad. Really bad, especially for Grier and McSorley.

The OL combination of Bradbury, Lindstrom, Risner...awesome. McGary was excellent.

WRs looked terrific- Isabella, Doss, McLaurin, Renfrow, and a few others.

The return of the pass rush- some players woke up a lethargic pass rush group to play very well. Anthony Nelson was the best of the group. Ferguson had a few good snaps, Collier looked sharp. Saunders played well and Omenihu was an absolute beast.
Share 49ersWebzone