LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

2019 Reese's Senior Bowl

The Senior Bowl is just a month away, and is set to feature a number of highly regarded prospects at major positions of need for the 49ers (blog post coming on that soon on the new War Room website). It remains to be seen if the Niners will wind up being one of the staffs who get to coach it but that would certainly provide a slight advantage to some extent.

Official rosters are still yet to be set, but you can find a list of players who have accepted invites here: https://www.seniorbowl.com/accepted-invites.php

Thought it'd be good to go ahead and start the countdown now and get a thread going for practice updates and any other Senior Bowl news related.

Date/Time/Broadcast info: Practices start Tuesday January 22 at 2:30pm ET. Game begins Saturday, January 26, 2:30pm ET (NFL Network)
We need to coach this, I'll be so annoyed if we opt out of doing it, even if we win I think it'll be us, Wilks & Bowles will likely be out of a job, should be Kyle Vs Gruden.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
We need to coach this, I'll be so annoyed if we opt out of doing it, even if we win I think it'll be us, Wilks & Bowles will likely be out of a job, should be Kyle Vs Gruden.

Yaaaasssssss

Coaching it would be huge. For a team that is really concerned with players' character, this provides some extra assurance for our picks. Plus, it's like a free workout session to see how players would fit your scheme.

We need to identify a few guys, then bench them during the game to keep them a secret.

If we lose we absolutely will coach it with Wilkes/Bowles being fired.

If we win there's a chance it will be Gruden and Matt Patricia since they are likely to finish 5-11 and currently tied at SOS (and def not firing patricia)
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:

If we lose we absolutely will coach it with Wilkes/Bowles being fired.

If we win there's a chance it will be Gruden and Matt Patricia since they are likely to finish 5-11 and currently tied at SOS (and def not firing patricia)

Forgot Patricia, Koetter should be out, oh well the Rams ought to want to keep their bye, so should beat us anyway
"Official rosters are still yet to be set"
The final rosters will be released on Wednesday, 16 January 2019 …
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Kyle Shanahan said he has not been approached yet about coaching in the Senior Bowl but think's he'll be asked. "It's something that if that opportunity happens we'll be there," he said.

Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Kyle Shanahan said he has not been approached yet about coaching in the Senior Bowl but think's he'll be asked. "It's something that if that opportunity happens we'll be there," he said.

But he might realize that none of the senior edge players will beat out Marsh.

Hoping to see shanny coaching at the senior bowl
Love the roster so far. Would love to see some of these guys in red n gold. Really hope we can coach this thing

• mayo49
  • Veteran
They have a chance to get an first hand look at Josh Allen.
Originally posted by mayo49:
They have a chance to get an first hand look at Josh Allen.

Sr Bowl is huge for Josh Allen, he checks every box except he hasn't consistently displayed that he can win rushing the passer in ways that translate to the NFL (ie. almost exclusively just runs around OT's). You can't fault him as it could be scheme and a sack is a sack but at the Sr Bowl we can force him in these types of situations against good OT's and either confirm or rule him out as a LEO.
Share 49ersWebzone