There are 198 users in the forums

Alex Bars - G - Notre Dame

One of my favorite players I've found so far in the draft. Notre Dame asks their guards to pull a lot and Bars excels at it. He is consistently able to block smaller defenders in space down field. He really does not have any weaknesses that I saw on film at all. Just watching him next to Nelson I just kept thinking that he might not be the caliber of player Nelson is, but he might be more productive in this scheme than Nelson would have. He has basically everything we need at the interior guard position.

Let me know what you guys think.
What is his projected round he goes at?
Hard to tell with Guards. I would guess late second early third? Probably will be there in the 3rd round.
Thanks - ND has been producing some good OLine guys.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Hard to tell with Guards. I would guess late second early third? Probably will be there in the 3rd round.

After his injury(torn ACL) plus his age(will be 24 at the start of the 2019 NFL season), I see him more as a 6th or 7th rounder. I think he'd be worth a look as a depth guy that could play guard or center. Personality wise he seems like McGlinchey, a very outgoing, professional, grinder type with strong leadership ability.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

After his injury(torn ACL) plus his age(will be 24 at the start of the 2019 NFL season), I see him more as a 6th or 7th rounder. I think he'd be worth a look as a depth guy that could play guard or center. Personality wise he seems like McGlinchey, a very outgoing, professional, grinder type with strong leadership ability.

I should have said 3-5 honestly because of the injury. I would draft him in the 3rd. But I disagree he clearly has starting potential and like you mentioned seems the same kind of person McGlinchey is and those are the players I look for.
I should have said 3-5 honestly because of the injury. I would draft him in the 3rd. But I disagree he clearly has starting potential and like you mentioned seems the same kind of person McGlinchey is and those are the players I look for.

I think you'll find 3rd round was way too optimistic when the draft rolls around. 24 year old linemen that suffered a serious knee injury don't go that high. He was a 3rd to 4th round prospect prior to the injury.

The good news is that he should be fully recovered by next season but it will still be a red flag against him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I think you'll find 3rd round was way too optimistic when the draft rolls around. 24 year old linemen that suffered a serious knee injury don't go that high. He was a 3rd to 4th round prospect prior to the injury.

The good news is that he should be fully recovered by next season but it will still be a red flag against him.

3rd round you're probably right but can't you just see him being Jimmy G's best friend?
3rd round you're probably right but can't you just see him being Jimmy G's best friend?

I mean I don't have a problem with the player, I think if nothing else he could be decent depth and he obviously received good coaching in college. If they take him in the 5th round, I'd be perfectly fine with it. He's the type of guy who could surprise some people and become a solid starter potentially, especially in this offense.
More day 3 prospects

I like the way this kids plays...rocked it out with Nelson and McG and has had top notch coaching. Team captain. *created goes to waterbear on throwing his name out there

Athletic enough to get out in space. Smart and a mauler. Really good pulling OG. Had a knee injury that cut his season short and a reason he drops to day 3. Looks like he's gonna be good to go and at worst he's put on the pup to start the yr. he's a long-term player that can play all over the OL.

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 23, 2019 at 9:51 AM ]

Bro moved 4 dudes 👀

I like!!!! Struggling to decide if we should pull the trigger on a guy like Dalton Risner at 36 or get another need like Adderly or WR... its making me hope we can trade back and still get Burns and have a late 1st and early 2nd to take care of a few needs and get quality starters
Want some O line depth.
Share 49ersWebzone