LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

My DE rankings

Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
I don't see how this guy lasts until the 2nd but hey we can dream. I think this is the clip you want. Now let's see if I can do this right:

Damnit how do I stick a twitter link in here??!!

Use the insert link or just post the URL I will try to make it work!

https://twitter.com/Sami_Thalji/status/909253328386887680

Anyone know why twitter links won't upload? Never tried doing it before either.

This is how you do it

Originally posted by NYniner85:
LOL I don't need to ask NY about Landry I watched a lot of film on Landry myself and I am fully aware of his capabilities. I was one of the first people to have Landry as my top pick last year because he has one of the best leans I have seen in a DE prospect maybe ever. I never said that Landry was a bad run defender I just said Polite was much better as a run defender. Does anyone have the video of him chasing down that wr or rb like 45 yards downfield from the opposite side? Polite moves much better in space, he stacks and sheds better, and he has better power.

Like other posters already mentioned Landry fell really far because of that injury. If not for the injury I fully believe he would have been a top 15 pick considering he was thought of possibly #1 overall with the monster year he had previously.

I highlighted to players I would be willing to bet money that Polite gets drafted before with a few others I think he could be before as well.

And as for your last point, why not? I think it is definitely possible 10 DL go in the first round with how deep this class is.

This video

Lol thank you. You think Landry makes that play NY? I don't. That doesn't mean Landry is bad but he doesn't have that hustle.
[ Edited by Waterbear on Dec 6, 2018 at 4:42 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
I've see a lot of people comp Polite to melvin ingram very explosive has bend about the same size (length is an issue) I think he starts out as a nickel rusher and would play the LEO role similar to Ingram in LA.

I have Bosa, Allen, and Polite as my top three rushers (as of now).

It's not that I don't like Polite. I really do. I like like Brian Burns better. He is my guy!

No doubt! If Burns puts on like 15lbs by the time he gets to the combine, he's gonna shoot up draft boards. I honestly don't see any of Allen, polite, Burns, and possibly sweat making it to the 2nd.

So many teams need pass rushers with the way offenses are going. imo this draft overall isn't full of stars at a bunch of positions. It doesn't seem like a really great draft.

That's another reason we NEED Bosa!
Lol thank you. You think Landry makes that play NY? I don't. That doesn't mean Landry is bad but he doesn't have that hustle.

I mean not a lot of people are making that play...hell of a motor.

I mean not a lot of people are making that play...hell of a motor.

Exactly. Really like Polite but also Allen. I just hope we get the first pick so we don't have to worry about making the wrong decision.
I mean, I'm not opposed to taking a few pass rushers this draft, especially if we can pick up a high price free agent on D
Nothing against Polite but Burns has been lighting up the ACC for 3 years. Polite for only 1.

Brian Burns:
33 games, 123 tackles, 38.5 TFL, 23 sacks, 7 FF

Jachai Polite:
28 games, 76 tackles, 27 TFL, 15 sacks, 7 FF

https://youtu.be/N0Rhcno8noc

Burns has it all. NFL length and speed off the edge. Violent first step. Violent hands. NFL rip and dip. Gets low and accelerates like a PRO. Good hustle and motor. 3 years of production. Good team-mate.

If we trade #1, which might not be a bad idea considering the pass rushing depth in this draft, Burns is my guy all day long anywhere from pick 10-20.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Dec 6, 2018 at 6:00 PM ]
Polite was a DT as a Freshman and then hurt as Sophomore.

In regards to Burns, he does not have it all. He's 235 pounds and doesn't have a single power element to his game. And mind you that this is coming from a Burns homer.
Originally posted by Heroism:

In regards to Burns, he does not have it all. He's 235 pounds and doesn't have a single power element to his game. And mind you that this is coming from a Burns homer.

Yeah. I get it. He will add weight I presume. I don't care that our LEO won't blow guys up as a bull rusher, I want speed off the edge to free up Buck next to him.

1 year of production scares me if we are talking about a 1st round pick. We need to hit these picks if we want to compete.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Nothing against Polite but Burns has been lighting up the ACC for 3 years. Polite for only 1.

Brian Burns:
33 games, 123 tackles, 38.5 TFL, 23 sacks, 7 FF

Jachai Polite:
28 games, 76 tackles, 27 TFL, 15 sacks, 7 FF

https://youtu.be/N0Rhcno8noc

Burns has it all. NFL length and speed off the edge. Violent first step. Violent hands. NFL rip and dip. Gets low and accelerates like a PRO. Good hustle and motor. 3 years of production. Good team-mate.

If we trade #1, which might not be a bad idea considering the pass rushing depth in this draft, Burns is my guy all day long anywhere from pick 10-20.

Burns is Tank Carradine 2.0

Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:

Nah, Tank, even after years in the NFL, never had the skill and technique that Burns' has.
Exactly. Really like Polite but also Allen. I just hope we get the first pick so we don't have to worry about making the wrong decision.

Yeah Bosa is the prize...Allen or polite wouldn't be horrible consolation prizes.

Like you said let's just not have to make that decision. Bosa or bust
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Gonna be hard for tackles to fend off Polite once he gets that first step in...low to the ground / quick, he'll twist spines and ankles all day.

This ^
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:

Nah, Tank, even after years in the NFL, never had the skill and technique that Burns' has.

Burns is not even close to Tank Carradine lmao
Share 49ersWebzone