There are 176 users in the forums

My DE rankings

Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Landry dropped hecause of long term knee issues.

Where are you getting the height and weight stats?

Oliver is not 290
Allen is 260 lbs
Polite reportly (from nfl draft network) has him at 260

Will be interesting to see all their measurables

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/mock_draft

Word okay, yeah Allen is for sure like 260 and so is Polite from everything I'm reading.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
The same was said for Harold Landry and he fell to the mid 2nd. And Landry is better than Polite IMO.

Landry dropped hecause of long term knee issues.

Where have you got that from? I haven't seen any team say they would have drafted him but for his medical.

I think Polite will help a team on 3rd down. I don't see the comp with Lawson, he seemed to have a lot more pass rush ability, Polite gets by on his explosiveness which works for him in college, IMO he needs loads of work before he's effective in the NFL.

But this report suggests that there may be a lot more going on with Landry, and it could potentially be serious. Knees and back injuries are not typically the kind of ailment that can be fixed up easily, and that could be the reason why teams passed on an undeniable talent on the first day of the draft.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 6, 2018 at 12:15 PM ]
I like Polite but saying Landry wasn't good vs the run is a stretch. You will have to ask Genus or NYniner85 because they were high on him but I remember them saying he played quite well vs the run.

Anyways I think the comp. for Polite is Landry or Lawson and Landry fell to the mid 2nd in an extremely weak draft and Lawson fell to the 4th. This draft is loaded and I can definitely see Polite dropping.

Nick Bosa
Clelin Ferrell
Brian Burns
Joe Jackson
Josh Allen
Montez Sweat
Rashan Gary
Ed Oliver
Quennin Williams
Christian Wilkins

All the above should go ahead of Polite. There is no way 10 or 11 defensive linemen get chosen in the 1st.

I've see a lot of people comp Polite to melvin ingram very explosive has bend about the same size (length is an issue) I think he starts out as a nickel rusher and would play the LEO role similar to Ingram in LA.

I have Bosa, Allen, and Polite as my top three rushers (as of now).
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 6, 2018 at 12:28 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I like him but with the depth of pass rushers this year I think he is a 2nd or even 3rd round pick.

I don't think there is anyway he falls that far. He's one of the best pure edge rushers in this draft class.

The same was said for Harold Landry and he fell to the mid 2nd. And Landry is better than Polite IMO.

Landry had a down year before coming out and had injury concerns. Polite is having a career year and if anything Landry providing the pass rush that he has been without the injury concerns or down year should push Polite into the first round.

If we don't get Bosa or someone blows us away with a trade down offer Josh Allen and Jachai Polite imo are the guys we need to target.

BUT if you are right and Polite is available in the 2nd as others have said even with Bosa on board I'm doubling up on those guys and watching Russell Wilson piss himself.
Originally posted by genus49:
Landry had a down year before coming out and had injury concerns. Polite is having a career year and if anything Landry providing the pass rush that he has been without the injury concerns or down year should push Polite into the first round.

If we don't get Bosa or someone blows us away with a trade down offer Josh Allen and Jachai Polite imo are the guys we need to target.

BUT if you are right and Polite is available in the 2nd as others have said even with Bosa on board I'm doubling up on those guys and watching Russell Wilson piss himself.
Bosa and Polite

I can't see him dropping to the 2nd though.
I will buy a joe Jackson jersey if he is drafted before Jachai Polite, barring any medical red flags. I'm inclined to say the same about Montez Sweat, tho I am less confident
Originally posted by genus49:

Nice but we need a corner, wide receiver and LB more than a second edge guy. That would be a luxury if we can find one in the later rounds. I definitely want a corner coupled with Bosa. Still need to cover the receivers even with a pass rush otherwise a good QB can still pick you apart.
I like Polite but saying Landry wasn't good vs the run is a stretch. You will have to ask Genus or NYniner85 because they were high on him but I remember them saying he played quite well vs the run.

Anyways I think the comp. for Polite is Landry or Lawson and Landry fell to the mid 2nd in an extremely weak draft and Lawson fell to the 4th. This draft is loaded and I can definitely see Polite dropping.

Nick Bosa
Clelin Ferrell
Brian Burns
Joe Jackson
Josh Allen
Montez Sweat
Rashan Gary
Ed Oliver
Quennin Williams
Christian Wilkins

All the above should go ahead of Polite. There is no way 10 or 11 defensive linemen get chosen in the 1st.

I've see a lot of people comp Polite to melvin ingram very explosive has bend about the same size (length is an issue) I think he starts out as a nickel rusher and would play the LEO role similar to Ingram in LA.

LOL I don't need to ask NY about Landry I watched a lot of film on Landry myself and I am fully aware of his capabilities. I was one of the first people to have Landry as my top pick last year because he has one of the best leans I have seen in a DE prospect maybe ever. I never said that Landry was a bad run defender I just said Polite was much better as a run defender. Does anyone have the video of him chasing down that wr or rb like 45 yards downfield from the opposite side? Polite moves much better in space, he stacks and sheds better, and he has better power.

Like other posters already mentioned Landry fell really far because of that injury. If not for the injury I fully believe he would have been a top 15 pick considering he was thought of possibly #1 overall with the monster year he had previously.

I highlighted to players I would be willing to bet money that Polite gets drafted before with a few others I think he could be before as well.

And as for your last point, why not? I think it is definitely possible 10 DL go in the first round with how deep this class is.
I just hope we get the next great Manny Lawson type player.
Originally posted by NYniner85

Agreed in that order. I also really like Sweat if he slips to the 2nd.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/909817181390741504Originally posted by Waterbear:
LOL I don't need to ask NY about Landry I watched a lot of film on Landry myself and I am fully aware of his capabilities. I was one of the first people to have Landry as my top pick last year because he has one of the best leans I have seen in a DE prospect maybe ever. I never said that Landry was a bad run defender I just said Polite was much better as a run defender. Does anyone have the video of him chasing down that wr or rb like 45 yards downfield from the opposite side? Polite moves much better in space, he stacks
I don't see how this guy lasts until the 2nd but hey we can dream. I think this is the clip you want. Now let's see if I can do this right:

Damnit how do I stick a twitter link in here??!!

[ Edited by kansasninerfan on Dec 6, 2018 at 2:14 PM ]
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
I don't see how this guy lasts until the 2nd but hey we can dream. I think this is the clip you want. Now let's see if I can do this right:

Use the insert link or just post the URL I will try to make it work!

It's not that I don't like Polite. I really do. I like like Brian Burns better. He is my guy!
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:

Use the insert link or just post the URL I will try to make it work!

https://twitter.com/Sami_Thalji/status/909253328386887680

Anyone know why twitter links won't upload? Never tried doing it before either.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
LOL I don't need to ask NY about Landry I watched a lot of film on Landry myself and I am fully aware of his capabilities. I was one of the first people to have Landry as my top pick last year because he has one of the best leans I have seen in a DE prospect maybe ever. I never said that Landry was a bad run defender I just said Polite was much better as a run defender. Does anyone have the video of him chasing down that wr or rb like 45 yards downfield from the opposite side? Polite moves much better in space, he stacks and sheds better, and he has better power.

Like other posters already mentioned Landry fell really far because of that injury. If not for the injury I fully believe he would have been a top 15 pick considering he was thought of possibly #1 overall with the monster year he had previously.

I highlighted to players I would be willing to bet money that Polite gets drafted before with a few others I think he could be before as well.

And as for your last point, why not? I think it is definitely possible 10 DL go in the first round with how deep this class is.

This video

Share 49ersWebzone