LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

General 2019 NFL Draft Discussion

• jcs
  • Veteran
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001023535/article/notre-dame-punter-records-30-reps-in-bench-press

"Notre Dame punter Tyler Newsome did 30 reps of 225 pounds in the bench press during the school's pro day on Wednesday."

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Costanza:
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Yup! Haskins has to be in the conversation going too 5. Trying their best that he stays under the radar.

Gettleman is not fooling anyone. You really gonna flush another season down the toilet with Eli?

#6, #17, and a 3rd round pick for the #2. Basically you're gonna give us what you got for Odell to get your QB of the future.

Gettleman from what I can remember has never moved up for a player in the 1st or drafted a QB (outside of some s**tty backup)

I also believe his from the Parcells tree which has rules for drafting QBs.

1. Be a three-year starter

2. Be a senior in college

3. Graduate from college

4. Start 30 games

5. Win 23 games

6. Post a 2:1 touchdown-to-interception ratio

7. Compete at least 60-percent of passes thrown

Yeah I really don't see the Giants trading. Imo that's a waste and NY fans will crucify them if they basically traded OBJ for Murray or Haskins. Also, they know Haskins may fall right into their laps anyways. If not they'll take a pass rusher like Sweat or Burns and be contempt.

If AZ takes Murray I also think everyone else at the top of the draft is super happy because of talent meets need. Niners take Bosa. Jets reportedly love and want Allen. Raiders get QW. I see a ton of mocks saying Tampa is taking Devin White.
I can't say anything bad about any of those picks.
Originally posted by jcs:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001023535/article/notre-dame-punter-records-30-reps-in-bench-press

"Notre Dame punter Tyler Newsome did 30 reps of 225 pounds in the bench press during the school's pro day on Wednesday."

He does have an awesome mullet to boot!
Originally posted by ltrain:
Originally posted by jcs:

He does have an awesome mullet to boot!
Does he kick or punch the ball when he punts? Lol
Yup! Haskins has to be in the conversation going too 5. Trying their best that he stays under the radar.

Gettleman is not fooling anyone. You really gonna flush another season down the toilet with Eli?

#6, #17, and a 3rd round pick for the #2. Basically you're gonna give us what you got for Odell to get your QB of the future.

That does not match the point chart and would be overpaying by the Giants. The 6th and 17th pick could get it done. I would be at peace with it as they could land the top corner in the draft greedy form LSU and a stud pass rusher or WR at 17. Pro football focus had a stat that winning teams have shut down corners and they are more important than pass rush because of coverage sacks or a qb who tries to force the ball in causes interceptions
Originally posted by 9erred:

That does not match the point chart and would be overpaying by the Giants. The 6th and 17th pick could get it done. I would be at peace with it as they could land the top corner in the draft greedy form LSU and a stud pass rusher or WR at 17. Pro football focus had a stat that winning teams have shut down corners and they are more important than pass rush because of coverage sacks or a qb who tries to force the ball in causes interceptions

Teams always overpay if they fall in love with a QB
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
We should not trade down. Just draft Quinnen if Bosa isn´t there at two.
We need top/impactful player not ton of picks.
Listening to Oscar and his PFF´s wife justifying to trade down and not draft Bosa, is really funny in a sense.
thoughts on Terry McLaurin in say the 4th? kid has been killing the draft process
thoughts on Terry McLaurin in say the 4th? kid has been killing the draft process

Leader, leader, leader. Will get drafted early because he is a special teams monster. Very special person.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

He'll be a raider

I like him a lot better than Campbell who I see more like Curtis Samuel. I think in terms of ability and character, McLaurin is a great fit for what Shanalynch want.

*Puts flame suit on*.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Does he kick or punch the ball when he punts? Lol

Chest bumps it 48 yards.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
How do you post a tweet?
Originally posted by krizay:
How do you post a tweet?

[tweet tweet url]
so Tony Pauline said on his podcast that belief around the league is that we prefer to trade down.

I really hope we can get a good offer. Ideally, I wish we could still land Allen but I don't think it's feasible unless the raiders trade up w/ us for Kyler.

another interesting note, we seem to be talking to a lot of later tier LB's.
Share 49ersWebzone