There are 224 users in the forums

Kelvin Harmon, WR, NC State

My only issue with Harmon is the body catches. Love to see him go up and get it (high pt the ball) more. I think that's something he can improve on though.

Will be interesting to see how teams have all these WRs graded out.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Yes sir!

I think a lot of people (fans) push WRs up the draft (sexy pick fantasy) yet we always see some of them drop a little. I don't see multiple WRs going in the 1st this yr....I would love to snag Harmon with our 33rd (hopefully) overall pick. If they move up a little I'm all for it. (Package 2nd and 4th has the value of 26th overall pick)

I'm down for a trade up also gives us that 5th yr option
Looks like a 1st rounder
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Thanks to NY on the tip off on your thread/find. You literally just described the perfect Z in this WCO and a skill set we're badly lacking right now. Note you didn't mention speed...something you truly need at the X (Goodwin).

Goodwin --- Pettis --- Harmon

That should be a very effective, productive and CHEAP receiver unit that allows us to spend elsewhere.

I like the look of that a lot.
Yes sir!

I think a lot of people (fans) push WRs up the draft (sexy pick fantasy) yet we always see some of them drop a little. I don't see multiple WRs going in the 1st this yr....I would love to snag Harmon with our 33rd (hopefully) overall pick. If they move up a little I'm all for it. (Package 2nd and 4th has the value of 26th overall pick)

Except in 2017 :D

Still can't believe 3 of those guys went before Mahomes and Watson.
3-4 WRs will probably go 1st. The junior class is very strong, I haven't checked who has announced

Senior class?
Gonna be real interested to see what he runs at the combine...overall a fan of his game.
Gonna be real interested to see what he runs at the combine...overall a fan of his game.

It's remarkable to me how general WR evaluations are. The differences between an X, slot and Z couldn't be more different in terms of skill sets (esp. in our offense). When a scout breaks down a 6'3"-6'5" 215-225 pound Z, they always talk about how he doesn't separate very well but plays well in traffic. LMAO. Ya think? That IS their skill set.

If he was that big but remarkably quick off the line and an excellent route runner with break-away speed and thrives with bodies around him, he'd be Julio Jones.
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 5, 2019 at 2:03 PM ]

It's remarkable to me how general WR evaluations are. The differences between an X, slot and Z couldn't be more different in terms of skill sets (esp. in our offense). When a scout breaks down a 6'3"-6'5" 215-225 pound Z, they always talk about how he doesn't separate very well but plays well in traffic. LMAO. Ya think? That IS their skill set.

If he was that big but remarkably quick off the line and an excellent route runner with break-away speed and thrives with bodies around him, he'd be Julio Jones.

I have a strong opinion we wont be drafting an X or Z in first 4 rounds.

I think KS has a high opinion of Bourne/Pettis. I'm not sure if he is sold on TT based on playtime so I'd be looking for a slot WR pick.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

I think KS has a high opinion of Bourne/Pettis. I'm not sure if he is sold on TT based on playtime so I'd be looking for a slot WR pick.

Really?
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Interesting take.

Kyle last year towards the end of the year, essentially replaced Goodwin at the X with Pettis, Kittle/Taylor from the slot and Bourne was the mainstay for blocking in the run game and the RZ. Kyle swapped out Bourne for Goodwin's speed at the Z here and there. I actually think Kyle may go for another TE. He likes having speed on the outside to create space for Kittle +1 (Taylor/James/TE2).

Injuries though...damn...Taylor with a shaved spine from nerve damage was never right, Goodwin is always injured, Pettis and his unorthodox Plastic Man body, Kittle fought through a few nagging injuries, etc...Bourne was literally, the only one fully healthy last year.

If Kyle sits on this unit again, I may lose my s**t.
Interesting take.

Kyle last year towards the end of the year, essentially replaced Goodwin at the X with Pettis, Kittle/Taylor from the slot and Bourne was the mainstay for blocking in the run game and the RZ. Kyle swapped out Bourne for Goodwin's speed at the Z here and there. I actually think Kyle may go for another TE. He likes having speed on the outside to create space for Kittle +1 (Taylor/James/TE2).

Injuries though...damn...Taylor with a shaved spine from nerve damage was never right, Goodwin is always injured, Pettis and his unorthodox Plastic Man body, Kittle fought through a few nagging injuries, etc...Bourne was literally, the only one fully healthy last year.

If Kyle sits on this unit again, I may lose my s**t.

Same.

I like Pettis could be a very good chess piece and a solid #2.

I don't think you can just replace garcon with Bourne and I think we got multiple players that can lineup in the slot already. Like you said Goodwin simply can't stay healthy either.

Someone like Harmon could be a stud in this offense. Maybe wait until the 3rd grab Ridley

There's just too much WR depth in this draft not to upgrade the position group imo.
Share 49ersWebzone