There are 151 users in the forums

Riley Ridley WR Georgia

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by krizay:
Just means he will be there for our 2nd Round pick is all

He's been a 3rd round guy from the start. If anything your post should say.... just means he MAY be there for our 4th round pick.

Too many WRs in his grouping for him to be a 2nd rounder IMO.

Agree to disagree on that.

You're not going to have 20 WRs go into Round 2. Some of these guys are going to drop quite a bit. Way too many in that Round 2-3 range right now for it not to happen.
So far we have people that want Metcalf, Isabella, Ridley, Q. Williams, Gary, Bosa and Allen. That would be quite a draft and we haven't even gotten to the D backs and LB's yet.. Super Bowl for sure with that haul.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
So far we have people that want Metcalf, Isabella, Ridley, Q. Williams, Gary, Bosa and Allen. That would be quite a draft and we haven't even gotten to the D backs and LB's yet.. Super Bowl for sure with that haul.

I would trade the whole draft and the next one to be able to walk out with Bosa, Williams, Isabella and Hanks. Defense would be lit.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by krizay:
Just means he will be there for our 2nd Round pick is all

He's been a 3rd round guy from the start. If anything your post should say.... just means he MAY be there for our 4th round pick.

Too many WRs in his grouping for him to be a 2nd rounder IMO.

Agree to disagree on that.

You're not going to have 20 WRs go into Round 2. Some of these guys are going to drop quite a bit. Way too many in that Round 2-3 range right now for it not to happen.

I agree with everything in your post. I just don't think it will be Riley to be the one that falls
4th rounder, imo. Very disappointing showing, especially with how little we have to go off of on film
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
4th rounder, imo. Very disappointing showing, especially with how little we have to go off of on film

He has always been the least exciting to me, from that fat group of supposedly second round WRs. Doesn't mean I didn't like him. He just always seemed like a guy who is solid at everything and very productive, but not that dynamic. I don't watch clips of him and think "wow!"
I wouldn't mind taking him if we prioritize another position before we address WR. But it's hard for me to be as excited about him as I would be about Harry, Butler, Boykin, Harmon or Deebo.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

He has always been the least exciting to me, from that fat group of supposedly second round WRs. Doesn't mean I didn't like him. He just always seemed like a guy who is solid at everything and very productive, but not that dynamic. I don't watch clips of him and think "wow!"
I wouldn't mind taking him if we prioritize another position before we address WR. But it's hard for me to be as excited about him as I would be about Harry, Butler, Boykin, Harmon or Deebo.

Agreed. I would be pissed honestly if we took him over Deebo or Butler.
Solid 3rd round pick
[ Edited by Ninerswin on Mar 9, 2019 at 11:22 AM ]
Originally posted by Ninerswin:
Solid 3rd round pick

Would LOVE him with our 3rd round pick so we could hopefully get an interior O lineman at 36
This guy is still a good WR, he's going to be one of those guys who just performs, he'll run a perfect route and the announcers will be like "is this the guy Georgia didn't use?" and then "he plays so much faster than he times".

I'm happy to pass at #36 but if he's still there in the 3rd I'm in.

If we pass on a WR at #36, I wouldn't mind Ridley in the 4th. I just wonder if his good route running can make up for his below average athleticism. I absolutely loved his brother because of his ability to create separation off his route running, but he was also both faster and quicker than Riley. I can see KS loving his game though.
Don't be surprised if he still goes in the 2nd.
Originally posted by OsBoogie:
Don't be surprised if he still goes in the 2nd.

I can't see it with his mediocre combine numbers and low production at UGA. Great route runner and I can see him carving out a long career, but there are a ton of recievers in this draft and Ridley might fall because he doesn't really wow you with anything. His ceiling probably won't excite too many teams over some of the other WR prospects.
Originally posted by Nastastical:
I can't see it with his mediocre combine numbers and low production at UGA. Great route runner and I can see him carving out a long career, but there are a ton of recievers in this draft and Ridley might fall because he doesn't really wow you with anything. His ceiling probably won't excite too many teams over some of the other WR prospects.

He'll go to New England in the late 2nd and have a thousand yards receiving as a rookie.
Originally posted by Nastastical:

I think people are putting too much stock into his time. Just like they think some of these "burners" who had great numbers are better than they are.

Ridley gets open and he catches. The tape is good and teams will appreciate that.

There is far better chance he goes in the 2nd than the 4th IMHO
Share 49ersWebzone