LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 192 users in the forums

2019/2020 QBs

Originally posted by Waterbear:
Trey Lance is possible the best QB prospect I've ever seen

I don't see it, but I've only watched an bit of him (the best I had ever seen in college was Mahomes, and that turned out to be an spectacular hit. I remember being ridiculed on the Official 49ers board for proselytizing him before I was unfairly banned for making an friendly joke to the moderator, hehe). What I mean is that I see an awful lot of brilliant scheme, and very few contested throws/tight windows. Honestly I'm more impressed with Fields (based on the little I've watched), since Fields has to throw into tight windows far more often.

J.T. O'Turnovers breaks down what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7WsBY9-phY

Of course, my opinion may change later, but other than excellent touch, I have not seen much to set him apart in terms of traits. Please enlighten me. Tell of these things that make him the best prospect you have ever seen. I would love to fantasize of an time when we have an great QB.
[ Edited by Gabberwocky on Sep 19, 2020 at 2:19 AM ]
If we go this route I've got a feeling that Fields and Lance go top 5-10, if not top 15. Lawrence will go #1 which isn't likely happening for us. Are we bad enough to fall in that range again assuming we don't trade up?
[ Edited by ninerFate on Sep 22, 2020 at 1:25 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerFate:
If we go this route I've got a feeling that Fields and Lance go top 5-10, if not top 15. Lawrence will go #1 which isn't likely happening for us. Are we bad enough to fall in that range again assuming we don't trade up?
Sadly I do not believe so, which would mean Jittery Jimmy must learn to become an transcendent quarterback, or we'll be stuck in mediocre QB hell for the foreseeable future.

EDIT-Unless we find an way to trade for the likes of Aaron Rodgers, which is probably as likely as the Jets winning the Super Bowl this season.
[ Edited by Gabberwocky on Sep 23, 2020 at 11:53 PM ]
Man I gotta admit, watching Russ and Mahomes shred the league being able to make plays when the plays break down makes me want one of those. Just imagining what YAC monsters we have in Kittle, Deebo and Aiyuk and what they'd be able to do with it. If Fields or Trey Lance was in striking distance, I'd pull the page of KC's book and trade up to get um. Let them sit like Mahomes did behind Alex, and if Jimmy is still playing good, let him play out his contract with someone waiting in the wings. If someone offers up a trade and Lance is ready, ship him out. Both Mullens and Beathard is not under contract after this season. Of course I will change my mind if Jimmy brings home #6 for us this year
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Man I gotta admit, watching Russ and Mahomes shred the league being able to make plays when the plays break down makes me want one of those. Just imagining what YAC monsters we have in Kittle, Deebo and Aiyuk and what they'd be able to do with it. If Fields or Trey Lance was in striking distance, I'd pull the page of KC's book and trade up to get um. Let them sit like Mahomes did behind Alex, and if Jimmy is still playing good, let him play out his contract with someone waiting in the wings. If someone offers up a trade and Lance is ready, ship him out. Both Mullens and Beathard is not under contract after this season. Of course I will change my mind if Jimmy brings home #6 for us this year

for me it's Trey Lance (Lawrence is a pipe dream). I think he fits Kyle's scheme the best with all the play-action stuff.

What's the general consensus on the Rattler kid from Ok?
Originally posted by NYniner85:

for me it's Trey Lance (Lawrence is a pipe dream). I think he fits Kyle's scheme the best with all the play-action stuff.

Yup I agree, I think Lance would be a monster in this scheme and would fit seamlessly.
Not gonna lie Lawrence would absolutely be a menace on this team. But that's a pipe dream. Im kind of interested in Kyle Trask this season.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

This Zach Wilson kid from BYU has looked really good.You can tell he's put a lot of work in this summer. They've played bad teams, but he's making great throws
Originally posted by jordanroberts88:
This Zach Wilson kid from BYU has looked really good.You can tell he's put a lot of work in this summer. They've played bad teams, but he's making great throws

Yeah man he just had a flawless game. Even Fred Warners little bro got a pick in the game and was flying around
Yeah man he just had a flawless game. Even Fred Warners little bro got a pick in the game and was flying around

Saw that
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
My pick for a back up, Notre Dame QB Ian Book 6'0" 206 pounds. Currently rated as a mid to late round pick, which is where I think the 9ers would draft a QB if they did.

Brock Purdy Iowa State could be another back up QB maybe outside of the first round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bty0MDBai8

Jamie Newman transferred to Georgia it will be interesting to see how he plays?
Share 49ersWebzone