There are 208 users in the forums

2019/2020 QBs

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Right here is the definition of a bandwagon 49ers fan. Lol

You guys want a mobile QB, Book is the definition of one. Like I said, wouldn't mind seeing him drafted in the 4th to later rounds.

You like Ian Book? Brah he f**king sucks, he lucky for go in the 7th. I see UDFA

What don't you like about Book?? I mean, that's where I projected him, from 4th to 7th. Who knows how well he'll do at the Combine. He also had a decent year in 2019 passing for 34 TD's with 6 INT's.
[ Edited by Kolohe on Oct 17, 2020 at 9:30 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ers808:

You guys want a mobile QB, Book is the definition of one. Like I said, wouldn't mind seeing him drafted in the 4th to later rounds.

You like Ian Book? Brah he f**king sucks, he lucky for go in the 7th. I see UDFA

What don't you like about Book?? I mean, that's where I projected him, from 4th to 7th. Who knows how well he'll do at the Combine. He also had a decent year in 2019 passing for 34 TD's with 6 INT's.

I mean I guess as a backup then yeah. But if we going draft one QB, I would want one to either put heat on or is straight up better than Jimmy. I don't think Book does that. Just my opinion
Originally posted by wailers15:
Yeah no thanks on Ian Book

Lol bandwagon fan? How the heck is what I said about Book, even remotely close to describing a bandwagon fan? s**t been following this team for almost 40 years Far from a bandwagon.

Book is not a good QB IMHO. He's choked in the big games, especially last year. Today's effort was crap vs a very bad Louisville team.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Lol bandwagon fan? How the heck is what I said about Book, even remotely close to describing a bandwagon fan? s**t been following this team for almost 40 years Far from a bandwagon.

Book is not a good QB IMHO. He's choked in the big games, especially last year. Today's effort was crap vs a very bad Louisville team.

Just comparing how people change their minds so fast. lol

You went from, "He's got skills though" to "Yeah no thanks on Ian Book". What you're knocking him for can be corrected with coaching, Patrick Mahomes went 7-6 in 2015 and 5-7 in 2016. Did coaching in the NFL fix his decision making or not??

Not sure where you're getting this choke artist thing from, he was 11-2 in 2019 and won his bowl while passing for 247 yards with 1 TD. If that's choking, I'll take that all day.

Oh and 5-0 to start the year.
[ Edited by Kolohe on Oct 18, 2020 at 1:31 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
It's happening again

I actually like Kirk Cousins more than most people. I think he's better than Jimmy at certain things(ie pushing the ball downfield) and wouldn't hate him coming here. It just sucks to think about doing this again. In fact, it just f**king blows to be thinking about looking for a QB in general.

Yeah I agree with all of this. I wasn't anti-kirk at the time and I think he's a good QB. I also don't hate Jimmy and hopes he can become more consistent and can show he can take a game over.

That said the Vikings has wayyyy too much cash invested in kirk to move him. We're talking $30M between 2021/2022.

You went from, "He's got skills though" to "Yeah no thanks on Ian Book". What you're knocking him for can be corrected with coaching, Patrick Mahomes went 7-6 in 2015 and 5-7 in 2016. Did coaching in the NFL fix his decision making or not??

Not sure where you're getting this choke artist thing from, he was 11-2 in 2019 and won his bowl while passing for 247 yards with 1 TD. If that's choking, I'll take that all day.

Last years game vs GA, really stood out at me. The Michigan game was embarrassing.
GA he battled but those two picks were costly. Had an opportunity to drive them down to tie it.
He struggled against a crappy USC team too.

How about the year prior when Clemson owned him in the bowl game which Clemson will DP again this year.

I agree with coaching and the correct coaching he could improve. Right now his decision making needs to pick up. He seems like the classic college QB who will he successful in college but not at the next level. Doesn't have that "IT" factor

And I went from "he's got skills" to "he's got bad decision making"
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Last years game vs GA, really stood out at me. The Michigan game was embarrassing.
GA he battled but those two picks were costly. Had an opportunity to drive them down to tie it.
He struggled against a crappy USC team too.

How about the year prior when Clemson owned him in the bowl game which Clemson will DP again this year.

I agree with coaching and the correct coaching he could improve. Right now his decision making needs to pick up. He seems like the classic college QB who will he successful in college but not at the next level. Doesn't have that "IT" factor

And I went from "he's got skills" to "he's got bad decision making"

Boy you really dug deep didn't you. lol

You're talking about two losses, TWO in the last two in a half seasons. I wouldn't call that important games nor would I call that choking. I mean cheese if he won those two games he would have over 25 wins in the last two and a half seasons, what QB does that in college, not even Tua could do that or Ken Dorsey. Anyway, college wins doesn't transfer to the next level neither does stats, it's all about the player itself, see - Patrick Mahomes.

The reason I even brought up Ian Book was mainly because I think if the 9ers do in fact stick with Jimmy G. which I think they will. I don't think they'll be drafting one till at least the 4th round or later. Which is where I see Ian Book going, well maybe even later, he reminds me of Nick Mullens only more mobile.

Shoot, if I had it my way I would trade the farm for Trevor Lawrence and not even blink!!! Everyone is all in love with Trey Lance who may be a top 10 pick. But if you're (San Francisco 49ers) drafting in the top 10 and it's no secret you want a QB, why stop at Trey Lance, offer the farm for the ultimate prize!!!
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
agreed, I just have a feeling at some point Kirk is gonna end up in SF

Gross. Complete lateral move from JG. Moves the excitement needle zero.

Further emphasizing how bad Cousins is, 3 picks first half against the leagues worst pass defense at home. Guy is horrible, first indication shoulda been his playoff performance against SF last year. Stay away!
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Oct 18, 2020 at 11:18 AM ]
It's happening again

I actually like Kirk Cousins more than most people. I think he's better than Jimmy at certain things(ie pushing the ball downfield) and wouldn't hate him coming here. It just sucks to think about doing this again. In fact, it just f**king blows to be thinking about looking for a QB in general.

Yeah I agree with all of this. I wasn't anti-kirk at the time and I think he's a good QB. I also don't hate Jimmy and hopes he can become more consistent and can show he can take a game over.

That said the Vikings has wayyyy too much cash invested in kirk to move him. We're talking $30M between 2021/2022.

Just saw this figured I'd post it

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Corral's last two games: 59-for-66 (89.4%), 925 yards, 10 TDs, 0 INTs, 257.12 rating

[ Edited by Jcool on Nov 14, 2020 at 8:49 PM ]

I really only feel comfortable with Lawrence and Fields. Both seem like they are going to be Franchise-type of QB's. Having to expend draft capital to trade up for anyone else (including Wilson) is just too much of a gamble.

Although I realize there are several obstacles to trading up to #1 overall, I'd be fine with it no matter the cost.

2021 (1st and 5th)
2022 (1st and 2nd)
2023 (2nd and 4th)
Player

I'd be totally fine with that if it meant Lawrence was on this team. Again, no clue on what it would actually take to get to #1.
Just saw this figured I'd post it

At this point, Cousins is a downgrade from Jimmy. No chance Lynch would let Kyle convince him to go get him.
Here is how I would rank this year's class so far from what I've seen. I like to give comps as well but in a different way. For some reason, I always see two players when watching QB's. The good and the bad in each. So my comps are similar to ceiling and floor:

1. Trevor Lawrence - John Elway (Ceiling) / Vinny Testaverde (Floor)
2. Justin Fields - Andrew Luck (Ceiling) / Josh Freeman (Floor)
3. Zach Wilson - Alex Smith (Ceiling) / Jimmy Clausen (Floor)
4. Trey Lance - Jason Campbell (Ceiling) / E.J. Manuel (Floor)
5. Mac Jones - Chad Henne (Ceiling) / Tyler Wilson (Floor)
6. Kyle Trask - Ryan Mallett (Ceiling) / Tom Savage (Floor)

I really only think Lawrence and Fields are the only significant pros from this class. Wilson may be able to join them but he isn't even close to the same level as those two.
[ Edited by HarbaughzDeep on Nov 14, 2020 at 11:07 PM ]
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
No chance Lynch would let Kyle convince him to go get him.

Ehh, I wouldn't be too sure. Lynch was the one that convinced Kyle to take a chance on Jimmy. Let's not forget about the whole Kyle going into mourning thing over not getting Kirk. I think deep inside Kyle has a bit of resentment towards Lynch for listening to him and passing on Kirk.

I think he'd jump at the chance to sign Kirk if he becomes available this offseason.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 14, 2020 at 11:14 PM ]
Ehh, I wouldn't be too sure. Lynch was the one that convinced Kyle to take a chance on Jimmy. Let's not forget about the whole Kyle going into mourning thing over not getting Kirk. I think deep inside Kyle has a bit of resentment towards Lynch for listening to him and passing on Kirk.

I think he'd jump at the chance to sign Kirk if he becomes available this offseason.

I'm not doubting the facts you laid out. I think it would be a significant mistake for this franchise to take on Kirk Cousins if/when they let Jimmy G go. It would set this franchise back several years and would likely end the Lynch/Kyle regime. They need some young blood that Kyle can work with from day one.
Share 49ersWebzone