There are 153 users in the forums

Hakeem Butler-WR-Iowa State

I know it's easy for me to say but Whoever it is, we need to target a #1 wr in the draft. What do you think is Butler's draft projection?
Originally posted by Hawaii49er:
I know it's easy for me to say but Whoever it is, we need to target a #1 wr in the draft. What do you think is Butler's draft projection?

I hate to be a party pooper, but I don't think Hakeem Butler is the type of WR Kyle covets.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I hate to be a party pooper, but I don't think Hakeem Butler is the type of WR Kyle covets.

You shut your dirty mouth.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You shut your dirty mouth.

This is a no Frankenstein zone.

I've been waiting to use this after I made it last year.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 26, 2018 at 12:33 PM ]
I dont think butler is a barn burner by any means, but he is quite a smooth athlete
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I dont think butler is a barn burner by any means, but he is quite a smooth athlete

I think Butler is too linear of an athlete for what Kyle likes. It's not the straight line speed but the ability to sink his hips/drop his weight, break down his body, be sudden, explode in and out of breaks, etc.

That's a big reason why I think DK Metcalf is one of the rare big WRs that Kyle will like. He has those abilities.
This guy and Metcalf were 2 guys I think would fulfill the Julio role in Shanny's offense.
The ability to run a "blaze out," a staple of Kyle's offense, is a good baseline for WR prospects. Kyle has both his split end and flanker run this route. If a WR prospect can't run this route at a high level(ie ability to throttle down from full speed, flip hips, explode out), Kyle won't want them. Frankenstein WRs need not apply.

[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 26, 2018 at 2:37 PM ]
The ability to run a "blaze out," a staple of Kyle's offense, is a good baseline for WR prospects. Kyle has both his split end and flanker run this route. If a WR prospect can't run this route at a high level(ie ability to throttle down from full speed, flip hips, explode out), Kyle won't want them. Frankenstein WRs need not apply.

Welp, Riley Ridley it is!
But but but so fun to watch

Iowa State redshirt junior WR Hakeem Butler declared for the 2019 Draft.

This was an expected move for Butler, who graduated earlier this month. Butler (6'6/219) had a breakout junior season as one of the top receivers in the Big 12. A deep threat (22.1 YPR in 2018) with prototype size, Butler projects as a Day 2 pick with potential to rise leading up to the draft.
Source: The Draft Network
I kinda think we should swing for the fences on this guy instead of Riley Ridley.
Seeing some warm-up clips on Twitter. That's one big motherf**ker.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

I think Butler is too linear of an athlete for what Kyle likes. It's not the straight line speed but the ability to sink his hips/drop his weight, break down his body, be sudden, explode in and out of breaks, etc.

That's a big reason why I think DK Metcalf is one of the rare big WRs that Kyle will like. He has those abilities.

I agree on Metcalf just not sure he will be in range. Don't want our first pick to be a WR unless we get super lucky in FA with big time defensive help.
Somewhere between AJ Green and Plaxico Burress
Share 49ersWebzone