LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Quinnen Williams, DT Alabama

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
2 games and no sacks. If this were Solly we'd be hearing the b word by now. Jk though.

He's a bust - overrated.
Hey NYniner85. Thank you that you believe in me that I dont want draft him because we are waste to draft at DT/NT by AA, Buckner and Thomas that is why. I knew that William was not compared to Aaron Donald! See?! I was right cuz I am smart to study my homework. William was good a 1 year for last year but he need go to playing at college for 1 or 2 mores years to go.

Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Hey NYniner85. Thank you that you believe in me that I dont want draft him because we are waste to draft at DT/NT by AA, Buckner and Thomas that is why. I knew that William was not compared to Aaron Donald! See?! I was right cuz I am smart to study my homework. William was good a 1 year for last year but he need go to playing at college for 1 or 2 mores years to go.

Bill Walsh was always skeptical of one year wonders. But with bamas depth it's hard to count it against Williams
Aside from the disappointing loss of inside linebacker Avery Williamson to a torn ACL, the biggest surprise may be that No. 3 overall pick Quinnen Williams isn't projected to start. Connor Hughes of The Athletic writes that Williams' attempts to start at nose tackle didn't take, so he'll rotate as a backup at defensive end to open the season.

The article

Not groundbreaking or anything but interesting considering everyone projected him to start at the nose for us
Originally posted by Sunshine:
Aside from the disappointing loss of inside linebacker Avery Williamson to a torn ACL, the biggest surprise may be that No. 3 overall pick Quinnen Williams isn't projected to start. Connor Hughes of The Athletic writes that Williams' attempts to start at nose tackle didn't take, so he'll rotate as a backup at defensive end to open the season.

The article

Not groundbreaking or anything but interesting considering everyone projected him to start at the nose for us

Phoenix is trying to find a phone booth then he will come in here faster than a speeding bullet
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
INTERESTING..

Williams - played the last 2 years and was an ALL AMERICAN and everyone's calling him a BUST already??

Bosa - missed the majority of the last 2 years and everyone's putting the word GREAT on him already??
Originally posted by 9moon:
INTERESTING..

Williams - played the last 2 years and was an ALL AMERICAN and everyone's calling him a BUST already??

Bosa - missed the majority of the last 2 years and everyone's putting the word GREAT on him already??

Who's calling him a bust? And Williams didn't play a majority of the time as a RS Freshman.
INTERESTING..

Assuming you're responding to what I posted:

A) I never said QW is a bust, nor have I seen anyone else say that. I simply posted a quote saying he isn't going to be a starter at the beginning of the season.

B) I made no mention of Nick Bosa, though I do think he'll be great. I also really like QW, it doesn't have to be an either/or thing.
INTERESTING..

Point to 1 person calling him that, let alone "everyone"
  • jcs
  • Veteran
This guy owning the NFL Yet?

Baldy already had an NFL.com video about him and the impact he is having. Super Bowl.... You can go to the Super Bowl with Quinnen Williams.
Originally posted by Heroism:

After all that talk about how fragile Bosa is It's Q who leaves week 1 in a walking boot.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
After all that talk about how fragile Bosa is It's Q who leaves week 1 in a walking boot.

Bust
Share 49ersWebzone