There are 160 users in the forums

DK Metcalf

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
It's going to take a fine package to get this guy. We're talking our 2nd round pick and next year's 1st. At least.

Jumping from ~#34 to the mid-teens is almost impossible. If he gets to #20 we could
do what we did with Foster and just call every team that's picking.

Too rich imo. Not a criticism of the guy. Some trades are just too expensive.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I want us to do a Bears with Mack, bet on ourselves, give up pick #34 and next year's 1st rounder, for a pick in the teens and their 2nd rounder for next year.

The better we do next year the less of a difference in the picks.

Heck no. You do something like that for proven NFL talent. Not someone who might be good.

Well if we suck next year and give up a top 10 pick, then it's a big deal, but if we're picking 20-32 then not so much, the Bears are laughing at the Raiders right now, they gave up one 1st round pick and dropped about 8 spots, not what the Raiders wanted.
If we win another game and he has a stellar combine, imo he is in play.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

We'd better go hard in FA at edge...also if this is a real scenario I'm trading back up to get Burns or polite even if I have to give up a 2020 2nd
Originally posted by NYniner85:

We'd better go hard in FA at edge...also if this is a real scenario I'm trading back up to get Burns or polite even if I have to give up a 2020 2nd

Yes. If we go O in 1 it'll be this kid or tackle. Otherwise it'll be defense.
I think this kid is a clean version of Josh Gordon
Originally posted by afce:
Fred Dean was acquired in 1982 as a free agent out of San Diego. In that year he had 3.5 sacks
in 83 he had 17.5 sacks. The point I was making is that Walsh built his offense first. Then had a top
defensive unit and lastly they added the edge rushers. He highly valued QB, receiver, backs with receiver
skills. The principle parts of our defense were drafted in one year and that was mainly the secondary.

The edge rusher I agree about that their are some that take over games. But lets look at another team
the Pats. Can you name their edge rusher? But we know who their QB is and they always have a top D
(spy gate) type scouting, etc.

Arthur

Fred Dean was acquired in 1981 not 1982 and it was via a trade not through free agency.

That's a pretty good comparison. I can see it
Andre johnson
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
People will lose their s**t if Kyle chooses him over defense

Nice comparison
Originally posted by FL9er:

You'd be surprised.

You'd be surprised.

All depends when we're drafting and who we signed in FA.

You'd be surprised.

All depends when we're drafting and who we signed in FA.

Yup. What if we trade from 3-7 then pick him or the other wr. Grab an edge in the second plus another 2 from the trade for a tackle etc. many options.

Depends. If they get a starter in FA, that buys them one day lol (2nd round pick or move back up into the first for another edge rusher). Without an edge rusher in FA, yeah, I wouldn't even come on the webzone lol.
Share 49ersWebzone