LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

DK Metcalf

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Nowhere did I say Kyle didn't run go-routes....what the heck do you think Goodwin does? Kyle loves explosive plays.

I'm saying if you're spending a top 10 pick on a guy, he'd better be able to do a f**k ton more than that. unfortunately he didn't do a whole heck of a lot else at Old Miss. Not a ton of film on him because he was hurt all the damn time. Which is kinda weird since you keep saying small WRs are the ones getting hurt

If he drops all the way to the 2nd I can see Kyle checking him out...some other team will fall for the big/fast thing much earlier IMO.

I still like the value of Brown/Harmon/Butler/Deebo a whole lot more than DK in the top 10.

No way will he fall to the 2nd.

Disregard what your assessment is of him, he is still graded as the top WR in this draft by 99% of the analysts out there. Forget about what I have to say about him, is what the experts have to say about him.

If you are talking about the 2nd round then there are many other choices. But, the kind of potential ceiling that we are talking about is at a completely different level.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Nowhere did I say Kyle didn't run go-routes....what the heck do you think Goodwin does? Kyle loves explosive plays.

I'm saying if you're spending a top 10 pick on a guy, he'd better be able to do a f**k ton more than that. unfortunately he didn't do a whole heck of a lot else at Old Miss. Not a ton of film on him because he was hurt all the damn time. Which is kinda weird since you keep saying small WRs are the ones getting hurt

If he drops all the way to the 2nd I can see Kyle checking him out...some other team will fall for the big/fast thing much earlier IMO.

I still like the value of Brown/Harmon/Butler/Deebo a whole lot more than DK in the top 10.

Disregard what your assessment is of him, he is still graded as the top WR in this draft by 99% of the analysts out there. Forget about what I have to say about him, is what the experts have to say about him.

If you are talking about the 2nd round then there are many other choices. But, the kind of potential ceiling that we are talking about is at a completely different level.

He's a top 10 pick...maybe top 5 with his talent.

Then tough luck because we can add a premiere defensive talent to the squad.

Then he's not gonna be the pick...don't know what to tell ya.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:

There is only 1 defensive talent that is worth a top 3 pick and his name is Q. Bosa at 2 will be overdrafted. Many of the other EDGE are very close.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Then he's not gonna be the pick...don't know what to tell ya.

I didn't say he would be the pick, but should we trade down he should be one of the picks.
There is only 1 defensive talent that is worth a top 3 pick and his name is Q. Bosa at 2 will be overdrafted. Many of the other EDGE are very close.

Bosa at two is not a overdraft at all.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Literally every sports publication and pundit has Bosa at one or two. There's a reason for that. However QW is amazing as well.
Btw reading folks think WR may not go until late teens or twenties since there is so much defensive talent at the top.

Makes me wonder about a trade up or someone we didn't think being there in the second.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Btw reading folks think WR may not go until late teens or twenties since there is so much defensive talent at the top.

Makes me wonder about a trade up or someone we didn't think being there in the second.

Are you implying that the 9ers might draft Bosa AND Metcalf, without trades?

Are you trying to explode the webzone??

I'd feel way different about DK if he was our (not the) second pick of the draft.
[ Edited by Lobo49er on Mar 25, 2019 at 7:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
I'd feel way different about DK if he was our (not the) second pick of the draft.

Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Are you implying that the 9ers might draft Bosa AND Metcalf, without trades?

Are you trying to explode the webzone??

I think we would have to trade up. But probably not nearly as high. Imo that's something Kyle and John would try. (If they love DK)
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

Literally every sports publication and pundit has Bosa at one or two. There's a reason for that. However QW is amazing as well.

He would an overdraft in my opinion. He ain't no Von Miller. Bosa hasn't even broken 8.5 sacks a season in his entire college career. Just so that you have some sort of idea, Von Miller had 17 sacks in 2009 playing for Texas A&M. In terms of my personal evaluation of Bosa, I am with Willie McGinest, as in he isn't a top 3 player. Is he a good defensive player? Sure he is, but not to the degree of a must-draft at the No.2 overall pick.

Listen up, we need to learn our lesson. People in a way did warn us about Solomon Thomas about him being a "tweener", although he ended up being much worse than a tweener, for what is worth it was at least a doubt that a good number of analysts had casted, but Lynch pulled the Stanford alum card and chose to ignore it and the guy busted out.

For the No.2 overall pick, we really can't afford to fxxk up again. You need to look at everything with a microscope. Why only 8.5 sacks? You have to be inquisitive and ask questions. Don't just follow the hype, as in well everyone say he is good then he must be good. Not everyone. Why would Willie pick Q instead of Bosa for us? Willie isn't a scout, the guy played the position, well OLB at a high level for his entire career. May be he knows a thing or two about pass rushers? You can't just be biased and shove a negative analysis to the side just because you are blinded by your preference. Let's have some sort of objectivity, shall we?

This is what I think and I didn't say this myself, like everyone have noted, this draft class is a good year for pass rushers. Agree? There are a good number of pretty good pass rushers. Agree? However, that doesn't mean Bosa is some monster or force of nature that you must draft him as high as No.2 overall. My assessment is, you wouldn't go too much wrong as long as you pick an EDGE within the 1st round. But, at 2? I would say he would be overdrafted. This isn't a diss on Bosa, I think he is a pretty good player, but he is not an exceptional player, that is the difference.

If you truly don't want to trade down (I can't see why) and if you want to take a player disregard of need, then take Q and we will stop talking about Metcalf.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lobo49er:

I don't think anyone is saying Metcalf should be the 2 pick. I have always maintained, should we trade down then we will take him at 6 or within the top 10.

He would an overdraft in my opinion. He ain't no Von Miller. Bosa hasn't even broken 8.5 sacks a season in his entire college career. Just so that you have some sort of idea, Von Miller had 17 sacks in 2009 playing for Texas A&M. In terms of my personal evaluation of Bosa, I am with Willie McGinest, as in he isn't a top 3 player. Is he a good defensive player? Sure he is, but not to the degree of a must-draft at the No.2 overall pick.

Listen up, we need to learn our lesson. People in a way did warn us about Solomon Thomas about him being a "tweener", although he ended up being much worse than a tweener, for what is worth it was at least a doubt that a good number of analysts had casted, but Lynch pulled the Stanford alum card and chose to ignore it and the guy busted out.

For the No.2 overall pick, we really can't afford to fxxk up again. You need to look at everything with a microscope. Why only 8.5 sacks? You have to be inquisitive and ask questions. Don't just follow the hype, as in well everyone say he is good then he must be good. Not everyone. Why would Willie pick Q instead of Bosa for us? Willie isn't a scout, the guy played the position, well OLB at a high level for his entire career. May be he knows a thing or two about pass rushers? You can't just be biased and shove a negative analysis to the side just because you are blinded by your preference. Let's have some sort of objectivity, shall we?

This is what I think and I didn't say this myself, like everyone have noted, this draft class is a good year for pass rushers. Agree? There are a good number of pretty good pass rushers. Agree? However, that doesn't mean Bosa is some monster or force of nature that you must draft him as high as No.2 overall. My assessment is, you wouldn't go too much wrong as long as you pick an EDGE within the 1st round. But, at 2? I would say he would be overdrafted. This isn't a diss on Bosa, I think he is a pretty good player, but he is not an exceptional player, that is the difference.

If you truly don't want to trade down (I can't see why) and if you want to take a player disregard of need, then take Q and we will stop talking about Metcalf.

Willie Mcginest is the outlier when it comes to
Bosa though. He's literally the only person worth mentioning to knock him like that from anything I've seen on tv or social media. Everyone otherwise generally thinks he will be great.

I love DK, but I could never draft him over the top 3 defenders while also knowing how bad our defense was last year.
Share 49ersWebzone