LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

DK Metcalf

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by babarvaart:
Im coming round to him in a trade down but he's another who seems a bit injury prone.

He had one major injury and he thought he had no right to make it to the combine. And guess what happened? The guy totally blew it up which was why he was so emotional after he ran a 4.33 when he called his mum.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Rascal:
The most interesting part about his analysis was he pointed out Megatron totally left out the 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle because of course he knew he wasn't going to be very good at it. Even Julio while was OK with the 3 cone, his 20 yard shuttle was pretty bad too.

Here is what I really think, people need to chill out about those 2 drills. To say he doesn't fit Shanny's system is really total BS. I have made this point before, to say Metcalf doesn't fit Shanny's system is like saying Kyle Shanahan is incapable and will never scheme for deep routes. This is how ridiculous it sounds.

Listen, if Bosa is not there at 2 or if they think Bosa may not be worth that 2 pick and decide to trade down, by God then DK Metcalf simply has to be a consideration.

Sometimes you just need to grow some balls and take a swing!!

Yes. Like any draft pick it's a risk. He could be megatron or he could be Ted Ginn lol

Well, the only thing I would say to that is, didn't they think Solomon Thomas was a safe pick at 3 overall? And what happened? The dude busted out too, didn't he?

What does that tell us? Drafting is not an exact science. No matter who we pick, there is always a risk.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
The most interesting part about his analysis was he pointed out Megatron totally left out the 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle because of course he knew he wasn't going to be very good at it. Even Julio while was OK with the 3 cone, his 20 yard shuttle was pretty bad too.

Here is what I really think, people need to chill out about those 2 drills. To say he doesn't fit Shanny's system is really total BS. I have made this point before, to say Metcalf doesn't fit Shanny's system is like saying Kyle Shanahan is incapable and will never scheme for deep routes. This is how ridiculous it sounds.

Listen, if Bosa is not there at 2 or if they think Bosa may not be worth that 2 pick and decide to trade down, by God then DK Metcalf simply has to be a consideration.

Sometimes you just need to grow some balls and take a swing!!

Yes. Like any draft pick it's a risk. He could be megatron or he could be Ted Ginn lol

Well, the only thing I would say to that is, didn't they think Solomon Thomas was a safe pick at 3 overall? And what happened? The dude busted out too, didn't he?

What does that tell us? Drafting is not an exact science. No matter who we pick, there is always a risk.

Yes. It's a crapshoot. Although I'm rooting for Thomas to kick ass inside this year lol.

At 2 we can't go wrong with Bosa or QW imo. If we trade down i would want Metcalf. He was my dark horse at 2, but I cannot see them taking him over Bosa or QW. Or even Allen.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Im coming round to him in a trade down but he's another who seems a bit injury prone.

He had one major injury and he thought he had no right to make it to the combine. And guess what happened? The guy totally blew it up which was why he was so emotional after he ran a 4.33 when he called his mum.

TBF he had 2 injuries in in 3 years of college.
would be nice if he slipped in the first and we could trade back into the end of the round and get him + bosa/allen

He missed most of 2 of his 3 college seasons due to injury.
I want to like him, but all I see is:

This is a timing based offense. You need to be on your landmark at the right time. If you can not stop and change direction, you will have a difficult time. And it didn't work in his favor to compare his spider graph to Julio...40th percentile is not impressive....until you compare it to 3rd percentile. DK Metcalf is going to be a stud no doubt, but is not worth a top 10 selection for the 49ers.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Mar 14, 2019 at 7:02 PM ]
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Major injury means we might be in. Lol
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Leathaface:
would be nice if he slipped in the first and we could trade back into the end of the round and get him + bosa/allen

1. He wont last that long.

2. Even if he did 49ers still wouldn't take him.

If you look at the qualities of Kyle's type of wr Metcalf is too stiff
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
If you look at the qualities of Kyle's type of wr Metcalf is too stiff

I get stiff looking at his 40 time.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
I want to like him, but all I see is:

When I see that, all I hear is "You got a perty mouth, boy."
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Coyle just retired due to a c-4 injury, and Metcalf was out due to a c-3 fracture. From what I've read c-3 is a neck injury that affects head movement from side to side. That could help explain his awful change of direction.

Neck/back/spine injuries terrify me, and I would hope they'd stay away from guys with those injuriew
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:
TBF he had 2 injuries in in 3 years of college.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Are we really going to go there?

Even after Marcus Lattimore, we just gave yet another ACL dude a $54 mil contract.
Share 49ersWebzone