There are 230 users in the forums

Jachai Polite, EDGE, Florida

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by zonkers:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Matt Miller saying he's hearing from scouts there's some character concerns with Polite

Reuben Foster stuff?

Or "all he wants to do is buy his mom a house, then he might let up," type of stuff?

Maybe a polite (no pun intended) way of saying "multiple screws loose"?

He's been comped to McKinley lol

Their interview skills are equally concerning.
Matt Miller saying he's hearing from scouts there's some character concerns with Polite

Reuben Foster stuff?

Or "all he wants to do is buy his mom a house, then he might let up," type of stuff?

Jerking off in teammates faces kind of stuff?

(Some probably won't get this reference, and for that, I might get a warning )
Originally posted by Lobo49er:

Reuben Foster stuff?

Jerking off in teammates faces kind of stuff?

(Some probably won't get this reference, and for that, I might get a warning )

Only the star qb
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I'd be surprised if he wasn't, unfortunately I don't think Lynch & Kyle will be enamoured with him, they seem to want bigger guys up front.

I'd love to be wrong though, I could easily see him falling within range of a small trade up to around 25.

He's still my favourite edge after Bosa, but Allen's potential is starting to intrigue me.

Reportly 49ers are looking for SPEED rushers.

In terms of where I think players will be drafted. I want Polite waaaaay more in a trade down then Allen at 2. Who else would be considered a speed rusher?

In FA maybe Ansah, Barrett, Ford?

I don't believe any reports of what a team wants pre draft, there are too many smokescreens.

I agree that I'd prefer Polite after a trade (though would prefer a trade up from #34) more than Allen at #2, though Allen has a lot more upside and versatility.

I still think he ends up going later than projected, who was the last edge 6"2 or under who went in the 1st round?
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I'd be surprised if he wasn't, unfortunately I don't think Lynch & Kyle will be enamoured with him, they seem to want bigger guys up front.

I'd love to be wrong though, I could easily see him falling within range of a small trade up to around 25.

He's still my favourite edge after Bosa, but Allen's potential is starting to intrigue me.

Reportly 49ers are looking for SPEED rushers.

In terms of where I think players will be drafted. I want Polite waaaaay more in a trade down then Allen at 2. Who else would be considered a speed rusher?

In FA maybe Ansah, Barrett, Ford?

I don't believe any reports of what a team wants pre draft, there are too many smokescreens.

I agree that I'd prefer Polite after a trade (though would prefer a trade up from #34) more than Allen at #2, though Allen has a lot more upside and versatility.

I still think he ends up going later than projected, who was the last edge 6"2 or under who went in the 1st round?

Smokescreen with the #2 overall pick?

Seems Burns and Allen getting more zone-lovin' than Polite. I don't get it.

Their both better. Polite played sparingly on obvious pass situations most of the time and rightfully so because he's trash against the run. Also he apparently has some character concerns when Allen and Burns are the complete opposite.
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Their both better. Polite played sparingly on obvious pass situations most of the time and rightfully so because he's trash against the run. Also he apparently has some character concerns when Allen and Burns are the complete opposite.

I also want to see what he weighs in at....I wouldn't be shocked if he was like 245 or so.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Tak mcKinley in 2017 and Dee Ford in 2014

Saw polite and Allen in games with mutual opponents and Allen was clearly better to me. Plus polite played with a better d line. Two other solid pass rushers on his line.

Originally posted by krizay:

Fair enough, but it's clearly a barrier in team's minds, not one I agree with. I could see one of the playoff teams taking a shot, but I'm not buying the top 15 hype.
Originally posted by krizay:

Ford and mcKinley I think where both in the 250 LB rang if Polite comes in around 240 he mite fall into the second round. Bruce Irvin around 245 is the only rush end I can think of off the top of my head that was draft in round 1 and it was a shock to me when Seattle took him. So even if he come in at 240 it can happen. It only take one team. Can anyone think of any more?
Originally posted by dlance:
Ford and mcKinley I think where both in the 250 LB rang if Polite comes in around 240 he mite fall into the second round. Bruce Irvin around 245 is the only rush end I can think of off the top of my head that was draft in round 1 and it was a shock to me when Seattle took him. So even if he come in at 240 it can happen. It only take one team. Can anyone think of any more?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft

• okdkid
  • Veteran

Assuming Burns gains functional weight -- neither of them come off the field. Polite does. In fact, he has to.

I like him as a pass rusher, but the NFL will hate his size. He is definitely going to be one of those guys who drops hard like Harold Landry.
Share 49ersWebzone