LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

Jachai Polite, EDGE, Florida

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by ninerAxe:
Who is a non-qb player worth trading up for for that to happen though? Justin Herbert is probably going to be skipping this draft according to multiple reports and sources. I'd be down with Polite at #2 if we lost out on the 1st pick. Enough messing around with value just look at the Browns with taking Denzel Ward with the 4th pick.

Haskins has some buzz right now. You got to think 1 of the qb's will rise especially with the success of Mahomes, Watson, Trubisky.

this...I think a team could move up for either Williams as well. Wouldn't be a haul like QB

I wouldn't drop lower than 2 lol, unless there's a Hershel Walker/RG3 type of trade on the table.
Originally posted by Heroism:

I love that long arm move, but it's the first I've seen. Saw Harold Landry do it once as well, you need to be consistent with something before you can call it an attribute.

Polite clearly has potential, but I don't think he's ready to contribute consistently, he wins on athleticism, what happens when he comes against better athletes?
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I love that long arm move, but it's the first I've seen. Saw Harold Landry do it once as well, you need to be consistent with something before you can call it an attribute.

Polite clearly has potential, but I don't think he's ready to contribute consistently, he wins on athleticism, what happens when he comes against better athletes?

I agree that he's by no means a finished product. Polite and Josh Allen are in similar boats. Whatever team drafts these guys are going to need to coach them up, and unfortunately, there's not very much pass rush development happening right now in the NFL.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

I agree that he's by no means a finished product. Polite and Josh Allen are in similar boats. Whatever team drafts these guys are going to need to coach them up, and unfortunately, there's not very much pass rush development happening right now in the NFL.

If we miss out on Bosa and get either of these two, they should hang out with Solomon Thomas. Say what you will with Thomas but his work ethic cannot be questioned. He worked with all those great pass rushers during off season.
Polite still one of my personal favorite edge. I loved to see him piecing together moves and techniques as the season advanced. Arrow is pointing up. Can't wait for the combine.

[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 12, 2018 at 10:29 AM ]
Polite still one of my personal favorite edge. I loved to see him piecing together moves and techniques as the season advanced. Arrow is pointing up. Can't wait for the combine.

Same opinion here. If we miss out on Bosa I want either Allen or this guy. Farthest we can trade down and get one would be ideal. Polite just plays with anger and hustle which you love to see. Also seems to have more pass rush moves at this point.
[ Edited by Waterbear on Dec 12, 2018 at 1:15 PM ]
Haskins has some buzz right now. You got to think 1 of the qb's will rise especially with the success of Mahomes, Watson, Trubisky.

Haskins is the guy I am keeping an eye on. I think he could go a lot higher than most are expecting.

Originally posted by Waterbear:
Same opinion here. If we miss out on Bosa I want either Allen or this guy. Farthest we can trade down and get one would be ideal. Polite just plays with anger and hustle which you love to see. Also seems to have more pass rush moves at this point.

If no Bosa, give me Polite and Winovich plus Graham in FA. Just a steady rotation of pass rushers to throw at people.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Haskins is the guy I am keeping an eye on. I think he could go a lot higher than most are expecting.

#1 QB in this draft class as far as I am concerned, significant difference between Haskins and Herbert... however, teams will jump up and try to get both early
Here's some Polite and others.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/12/14/18138332/2019-nfl-draft-position-rankings-edge-rushers-nick-bosa-clelin-ferrell-josh-allen-jachai-polite

Feels great . . . knowing that you're taking . . . the offensive person with the ball down . . . before they make a decision with it.

Nice, he's got that Bobby Boucher mindset in his game.

Allen or Polite either will work
Share 49ersWebzone