LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 203 users in the forums

Wu-5Rings U-Michigan hype machine prospect page...

Nice man, a thread for winners.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Nice man, a thread for winners.

"When it comes to the type of team Patterson thinks the Wolverines have, he called U-M "probably the best team I've been around" and felt out of all the teams he considered transferring to, Michigan had the best chance of winning a National Championship.

The quarterback retreat featured a video of Patterson throwing the pigskin."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.maizenbrew.com/platform/amp/2018/5/28/17402620/shea-patterson-best-team-ive-been-around-talks-johnny-manziel-comparisons

His words, not mine. "Best chance of winning a national championship"

"Shea Patterson the front-runner, but don't count out Michigan's other QBs yet"

Updated on Jun 15, 2018 at 09:48 AM EDT
https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2018/06/shea_patterson_the_front-runne.amp

Qb battle,
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jun 25, 2018 at 4:52 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
That McCaffry QB, 6-5, wow! I can see that guy doing well at the QB position once he gets his chance.
Originally posted by Giedi:
That McCaffry QB, 6-5, wow! I can see that guy doing well at the QB position once he gets his chance.

[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jun 25, 2018 at 11:15 AM ]
"Michigan's defense can be as scary good as it wants to be"
By Kevin Goheen, Writer/reporter

Michigan returns 9 of 11 starters on defense. How scary is this defense this year? — Travis Meyer via Facebook

"Michigan's 2017 defense was one of the best in the country. It ranked No. 1 nationally in third-down conversions allowed, No. 3 in total yards allowed and No. 4 in pass efficiency amongst several statistical categories that proved how good it was.

Defensive tackle Mo Hurst and linebacker Mike McCray are the only two starters gone from that unit. Michigan's 2016 defense was No. 1 in yards allowed, passing yards allowed and No. 2 in points allowed. Eight players from that defense were selected in the 2017 NFL Draft.

Don Brown's 2018 Wolverines defense can be better.

Those are lofty expectations but there is championship-caliber talent at every level of the defense and the roster has more depth than last season. Eleven players made their first career starts last season, and all eleven of those players are back. The recruiting classes of 2016 and 2017 that were ranked No. 8 and No. 5, respectively, by the 247Sports composite are the heart of this defense.

Chase Winovich returns for his fifth season at end and will line up opposite junior Rashan Gary, who could be a top-five pick in the 2019 NFL Draft. Sophomore Aubrey Solomon will play a bigger role inside after starting four games last season, and junior Michael Dwumfour had an eye-opening spring taking over Hurst's role on the defensive line. Sophomore Kwity Paye and junior Carlo Kemp will be the first off the bench but Michigan can get a boost from redshirt freshmen Luiji Vilian and Donovan Jeter if they are healthy after missing last season with injuries.

Improved depth will show up most at linebacker and in the secondary. Junior middle linebacker Devin Bush gets to the ball fast and with purpose, epitomizing how Brown wants the defense to play. Junior Khaleke Hudson filled the void at viper after Jabrill Peppers was drafted. The secondary relied heavily on six players for most of last season in cornerbacks Lavert Hill, David Long, Brandon Watson, Ambry Thomas and safeties Josh Metellus and Tyree Kinnel. Add in sophomores J'Marick Woods, Jaylen Kelly-Powell and Brad Hawkins this season.

There was a lot to like about last season's defense. There's more to like this season. The Wolverines have motivation to go with all this talent. They gave up second-half leads to Wisconsin, Ohio State and South Carolina to close out last season. Elite defenses don't do that, regardless of what does or does not happen on offense.

This defense has a chance to be elite."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.landof10.com/michigan/michigan-football-defense-rashan-gary-elite-national-ranking/amp

Elite are the words being used for this defense, Scouts should be 🤤 at next year's defensive class.. Especially from the nations #1 defense.
"Michigan football has 6, Michigan State just 1 in SI's top 100 players"

GEORGE STOIA | DETROIT FREE PRESS | 1 hour ago
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/730797002

"And on Sunday, Michigan not only gained momentum in recruiting but got the last laugh. The Wolverines landed three more verbal commitments from players in the class of 2019, including a pair of four-star prospects with high play-making potential."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2018/06/commitment_season_is_heating_u.amp
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jun 25, 2018 at 12:02 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I'm not a Qb expert but McCaffrey's release is nice and quick, and I can see him actually tightening up that release to be even quicker with some possible strength training (among other stuff that our WebZone Board experts know about). As I understand it, Colin Kaepernick's (if you consider it a punch) was more like a round house punch vs a Garoppolo quick Jab. Marino's release was like a quick jab and I can see McCaffrey - if he can tighten up and quicken up that release - will be a very good college and possibly NFL QB.
Originally posted by Giedi:
I'm not a Qb expert but McCaffrey's release is nice and quick, and I can see him actually tightening up that release to be even quicker with some possible strength training (among other stuff that our WebZone Board experts know about). As I understand it, Colin Kaepernick's (if you consider it a punch) was more like a round house punch vs a Garoppolo quick Jab. Marino's release was like a quick jab and I can see McCaffrey - if he can tighten up and quicken up that release - will be a very good college and possibly NFL QB.

I am hoping McCaffrey ends up a player at the next level. I like him a lot.
"The Wolverines have tons of NFL talent, including Rashan Gary, Devin Bush Jr., Shea Patterson, Khaleke Hudson, Karan Higdon, Chase Winovich, David Long and Lavert Hill. All eight of those guys could easily get picked in the 2019 NFL draft.

Michigan also had six players ranked in Sports Illustrated's Top-100 college football players list. That was more than any other Big Ten team and three more than Ohio State. On the same list, Michigan State had just one player and he ranked lower than all the Wolverines who made it."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gbmwolverine.com/2018/06/27/michigan-football-legit-top-10-team-heading-2018-season/amp/

"McNamara, listed at 6-foot-1 and 206 pounds, was one of 12 quarterbacks invited to Nike's annual showcase camp for some of the best high-school football players in the country. As a three-year starter at Damonte Ranch High School (Reno, Nev.), McNamara has thrown for 9,089 yards and 107 touchdowns.

He earned his way here with a superb showing at the Elite 11 quarterback showcase earlier this month in Redondo Beach, Calif. Recruiting website 247Sports currently ranks him as the 10th-best pro-style quarterback in the class."

"QB Cade McNamara highlights trio of Michigan commits at Nike's Opening"
https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2018/06/qb_cade_mcnamara_highlights_tr.html
Originally posted by genus49:
Wait Wu is a Michigan fan? I would've never guessed.

HAHA
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:

"McNamara, listed at 6-foot-1 and 206 pounds, was one of 12 quarterbacks invited to Nike's annual showcase camp for some of the best high-school football players in the country. As a three-year starter at Damonte Ranch High School (Reno, Nev.), McNamara has thrown for 9,089 yards and 107 touchdowns.

He earned his way here with a superb showing at the Elite 11 quarterback showcase earlier this month in Redondo Beach, Calif. Recruiting website 247Sports currently ranks him as the 10th-best pro-style quarterback in the class."

"QB Cade McNamara highlights trio of Michigan commits at Nike's Opening"
https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2018/06/qb_cade_mcnamara_highlights_tr.html

Holy moly! What is this? I think it's the combine for entering the college game? Wow, college football has really changed since the 70's! I'm wondering if colleges should institute a draft for the five star talents like the NFL draft. They already have a version of the playoffs with the major bowl games. but seriously, companies like 24/7 remind me of the NFL's Blesto and their ilk. [u]
[ Edited by Giedi on Jul 5, 2018 at 10:43 AM ]

"2019 Michigan QB commit Cade McNamara slings his way to 6th place at Elite 11"
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.maizenbrew.com/platform/amp/michigan-football-recruiting/2018/7/5/17536928/4-star-michigan-qb-cade-mcnamara-slings-his-way-to-6th-place-at-elite-11

(I cannot find episode 4)
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jul 6, 2018 at 5:21 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone