LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 431 users in the forums

2019 49ers draft

• eman
  • Veteran
As a 9er fan, I have always looked forward to draft day

For the first time in my life, I'm losing interest and not excited about 2019 draft ... we had 3 third rd picks and two 7th rd picks this year, decided to grab whole bunch of players who may end up on practice squad and then may get plucked by other teams without adding any draft capital for 2019. To make matters worse, we are without our 5th rd (Laken Tomlinson) for next year

But main thing is seeing how we drafted in 2018 just makes me not look forward to 2019 draft at all!
So this really has nothing to do with the 2019 draft and you're just whingimg about the 2018 draft?

The season isn't even close to starting. I couldn't care less about the 2019 draft until I see the team play to get an idea on where we need to draft.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
So this really has nothing to do with the 2019 draft and you're just whingimg about the 2018 draft?

The season isn't even close to starting. I couldn't care less about the 2019 draft until I see the team play to get an idea on where we need to draft.

Hmmmmmm! Do we really need to see how this plays out to take a wild guess at what our biggest need is going to be?
[ Edited by krizay on May 2, 2018 at 3:39 PM ]
Originally posted by krizay:

Hmmmmmm! Do we really need to see how this plays out to take a wild guess at what our biggest need is going to be?

The draft is more than one pick or one position of need. So yup, we do, and that's without even mentioning that without knowing our draft position or what we do in FA, worrying about the 2019 draft is premature.

Bingo!
Originally posted by eman:

For the first time in my life, I'm losing interest and not excited about 2019 draft ... we had 3 third rd picks and two 7th rd picks this year, decided to grab whole bunch of players who may end up on practice squad and then may get plucked by other teams without adding any draft capital for 2019. To make matters worse, we are without our 5th rd (Laken Tomlinson) for next year

But main thing is seeing how we drafted in 2018 just makes me not look forward to 2019 draft at all!

If you want an excellent perspective on our draft read this.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/4/30/17306054/forty-niners-offseason-reading-between-the-lines
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/4/30/17306054/forty-niners-offseason-reading-between-the-lines

Thx for the link, good read (especially last paragraphs, below chart).
  • krizay
  • Veteran
The draft is more than one pick or one position of need. So yup, we do, and that's without even mentioning that without knowing our draft position or what we do in FA, worrying about the 2019 draft is premature.

I agree, but to say you dont know where we need to draft is a no matter how you slice it
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:

Was a good read. But #1 starts off with protecting ypur QB then explains why they went Mcglinchey over Brown. Which contradicts protecting the QB.

even though i agree with Mcglinchey over Brown
Was a good read. But #1 starts off with protecting ypur QB then explains why they went Mcglinchey over Brown. Which contradicts protecting the QB.

Not if the coaching staff thinks they can improve McGlinchey (who my notre dame friends nicknamed McFlinchey for all his false starts.)

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:

LOL that was cool how you worded all that...

I agree, but to say you dont know where we need to draft is a no matter how you slice it

I never said that, at least not in the context you're attempting to convey.

Anyone can look at the team and say we need an edge, we need an upgrade in guard, upgrade in LB etc, but there are so many moving parts before next years drafts then dealing in absolutes this far out is pretty foolish imo.
Who will be around at 32?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
^ I hope a lot of us, man, I don't want see fans die
As a Santa Clause fan, I always looked forward to Christmas morning. Then one year I asked Santa at the mall for a pony....I didn't get that pony, now I can't wait for Easter...that bunny will bring me chocolate and presents....
Share 49ersWebzone