LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

ASU WR N'Keal Harry

Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
This WR class reminds me of last year's. Not much in terms of "elite" talent, but a ton of really good prospects. And like I expect to see this year, there were only 2 WRs taken in the first (late in the first) leaving most of the top WRs to go in the 2nd. That depth showed how different team's evaluations could be, with some guys going much earlier, and some much later than we thought. Sutton was talked about as the #1, and he went in the 2nd round (much like Harry could). Also worth noting... last year there were talented productive WRs drafted all the way into the 7th round.

To me it feels like WRs are going through a little bit of the same draft devaluation that RBs went through. Meaning you no longer have to spend a high 1st rounder to get a franchise guy.

So keep those Bosa and Harry dreams alive!

WRs are getting paid more than ever so I don't think the position is being devalued so much as there weren't any elite prospects last year. This year's WR class is significantly more top heavy than last year's and Metcalf is the best WR prospect in a long time and will be a top 10 pick.

I do agree that the sheer quantity of good receivers could cause a guy like Harry to drop but it's not because the position is getting less valuable.

Yeah when I say devalued, I don't mean across the NFL as a whole, but really just in the draft. And my theory is that it has to do with the type of offenses colleges are running, and the stricter rules on how DBs can cover. I think there are more college WRs putting up great highlights in pass heavy college offenses. And with DBs having to be less physical in the NFL, the types of WRs that NFL teams are looking at has broadened. The combined effect is a bounty of WRs every draft, which makes it easier for teams to wait on this position. I mean, St. Brown and Ateman could each end up starting for their teams next year, and they were drafted in the 6th and 7th round.

I'm actually pretty optimistic about what undrafted WRs we sign. There could be some good ones.
Harry was coming up in the general draft thread so I thought I'd bump his thread, and move the conversation here.

He and AJ Brown both seem like guys who could easily be gone by 36, but also could still be there.

For me, Harry seems like the best case scenario. He's not quite as big and fast as Metcalf, Butler or Boykin. But he's just as strong and seems like he has a more diverse game to me. Dude is very dynamic with the ball in his hands.

I'd say Brown before Harry if they fall to 2nd round.
Maybe even Deebo Samuel before Harry
Originally posted by Ninerswin:
Maybe even Deebo Samuel before Harry

Hello and welcome to the board

Looks like you're also thinking WR in the second round.

From what I can tell, your preference ranks like this: Brown, Deebo, Harry. Then maybe Ridley in the third?

That's fair, and pretty close to mine. Mine aren't set in stone, but right now I think the look like:

Harry, Brown, Deebo, Butler, Harmon and maybe Boykins in the second. Then Arcega Whiteside and Ridley in the third.

I'd be super stoked on any of the Harry through Butler group. I'd also be excited about Harmon or Boykins, especially since drafting them would mean they are Shanny approved. But both seem to have some more faults than the other four. I'd still be happy with Ridley or Whiteside if can get them in the third after taking another impact player in the second. But I'd be a little bummed if took either of them in the second with other WRs still on the board.
Hopefully he is available in the 2nd. The big target we need in the red zone

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Lynch and Peters are attending his pro day.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Lynch and Peters are attending his pro day.

Nice
Good luck tackling that SOB

I have him at a 6.95
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 27, 2019 at 1:15 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I could see the Rams or Green Bay taking him. Would be intriguing if he lasted till the 36th pick.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I could see the Rams or Green Bay taking him. Would be intriguing if he lasted till the 36th pick.

Only 32 guys can get drafted in the 1st rd

I don't see the Rams taking another WR. They need OL/DT/edge. Someone like Chase makes a lot of sense to go with Matthews and Fowler outside. Maybe Risner at OT.

GB does need a WR. Wouldn't be shocked if they took a guy like AJ brown or DT either.
I would stand on the table for this guy. Bosa and Harry with the first two picks please.
Share 49ersWebzone