There are 170 users in the forums

ASU WR N'Keal Harry

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by okdkid:
YAC ability is top notch. Why would anybody care how we gets open so long as he catches the ball? Dudes could be hanging off his back and he'll still be open.

People always ask who is the next TO (or at least use to)

The dude is a beast.

This. He is very very similar to Julio Jones coming out of Bama IMO. Lots of short routes and quick passes because the QB he played with was inconsistent.
4.54, great time for him..
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Oh my god.

Elite is all facets.
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Yeah that was awesome, even after a couple hiccups, to still pull that off after having to restart a couple times is hard to do
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Yeah that was awesome, even after a couple hiccups, to still pull that off after having to restart a couple times is hard to do

I wonder if it would have been a 4.50 if he didn't restart 3x in 60 seconds.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
[ Edited by Jcool on Mar 2, 2019 at 10:15 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ers808:

I wonder if it would have been a 4.50 if he didn't restart 3x in 60 seconds.

Definitely a possibility
Originally posted by Jcool:

He's not making it to the 2nd round, I wish tho..

There's a chance. I'd probably take both Ole Miss WRs ahead of him. Campbell will intrigue teams with his speed and RAC ability. Butler, Boykin, and Harry are all bigger WRs and it comes down to preference. Butler has the same measurables as Mike Evans (huge reach), was more productive in college this year, and was faster than Harry in the 40. Boykin is also bigger than Harry and ran a 4.42. Marquise Brown could be in the mix too.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

There's a chance. I'd probably take both Ole Miss WRs ahead of him. Campbell will intrigue teams with his speed and RAC ability. Butler, Boykin, and Harry are all bigger WRs and it comes down to preference. Butler has the same measurables as Mike Evans (huge reach), was more productive in college this year, and was faster than Harry in the 40. Boykin is also bigger than Harry and ran a 4.42. Marquise Brown could be in the mix too.

I see it a toss up between metcalf and Harry fir 1st WR taken

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Harry will go to the Cardinals.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Holy s**t.

"...can't separate..."
Holy s**t.

"...can't separate..."

Long speed doesn't equal separation though.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

This WR class reminds me of last year's. Not much in terms of "elite" talent, but a ton of really good prospects. And like I expect to see this year, there were only 2 WRs taken in the first (late in the first) leaving most of the top WRs to go in the 2nd. That depth showed how different team's evaluations could be, with some guys going much earlier, and some much later than we thought. Sutton was talked about as the #1, and he went in the 2nd round (much like Harry could). Also worth noting... last year there were talented productive WRs drafted all the way into the 7th round.

To me it feels like WRs are going through a little bit of the same draft devaluation that RBs went through. Meaning you no longer have to spend a high 1st rounder to get a franchise guy.

So keep those Bosa and Harry dreams alive!
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
This WR class reminds me of last year's. Not much in terms of "elite" talent, but a ton of really good prospects. And like I expect to see this year, there were only 2 WRs taken in the first (late in the first) leaving most of the top WRs to go in the 2nd. That depth showed how different team's evaluations could be, with some guys going much earlier, and some much later than we thought. Sutton was talked about as the #1, and he went in the 2nd round (much like Harry could). Also worth noting... last year there were talented productive WRs drafted all the way into the 7th round.

To me it feels like WRs are going through a little bit of the same draft devaluation that RBs went through. Meaning you no longer have to spend a high 1st rounder to get a franchise guy.

So keep those Bosa and Harry dreams alive!

WRs are getting paid more than ever so I don't think the position is being devalued so much as there weren't any elite prospects last year. This year's WR class is significantly more top heavy than last year's and Metcalf is the best WR prospect in a long time and will be a top 10 pick.

I do agree that the sheer quantity of good receivers could cause a guy like Harry to drop but it's not because the position is getting less valuable.
Share 49ersWebzone