LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

ASU WR N'Keal Harry

Only a junior but I'd expect him to declare, This kid is my favorite WR who has it all IMO, size, speed, athleticism, hands, high points the ball when needed, not as fast but he reminds me of Julio Jones..

6' 4, 218 lbs, 4.5 speed, 5 star recruit that everyone wanted but decided to stay home in Arizona, I expect the niners to be picking late 1st so he would be a nice choice..
Never trust a man with two first names.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

lol I guess a lot aren't trustworthy, including me, but I think this kid is going to be a beast
Late 1st is a good spot for him to go. He lacks burst and struggles to create separation. His footwork and route running are below average

But his size and athleticism and catching is top quality

I compare him to Alston Jeffrey
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Late 1st is a good spot for him to go. He lacks burst and struggles to create separation. His footwork and route running are below average

I'm worried about him having an even better season and moving up, he seems like he catches everything thrown to him and out muscles the competition easily..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I'm worried about him having an even better season and moving up, he seems like he catches everything thrown to him and out muscles the competition easily..

If he shows better route running he will be top 10 pick

He seems to be under the radar which is odd to me. He's a beast.

Strong was a 3rd rounder and Harry was better than him as a freshman
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Like Tom Brady.
Good player but I'm not sure WR is a need for us in the first round next year.
Originally posted by badguy_1:
Good player but I'm not sure WR is a need for us in the first round next year.

Garcon turns 32 this year and we don't have anyone on the roster who looks like a #1 WR. WR may not be as big a need as pass rusher, but if we address pass rush in free agency, there's a chance we'll pick a WR early next year. This guy looks like a stronger version of Alshon Jeffery. Big, strong, physical, attacks the ball and seems to read the deep ball pretty well.

It looks like he has long arms too even if he measures closer to 6'3 (much longer arms than Sutton this year). And that catch at 2:12 is ridiculous.
I haven't watched much of K'Neal Harry, but based on that HL video, he doesn't look like Kyle's type of WR. It appears that he runs a rudimentary route tree, no separation, etc.
[ Edited by Heroism on May 2, 2018 at 8:17 PM ]

Originally posted by Heroism:
I haven't watched much of K'Neal Harry, but based on that HL video, he doesn't look like Kyle's type of WR. It appears that he runs a rudimentary route tree, no separation, etc.

So basically KS will never draft a big WR?

It's extremely difficult to find big WR's with the traits that Kyle covets(i.e. route-running proficiency, speed, quickness, ability to cut while keeping feet underneath framework, etc.), and if there's is a big WR with those traits, those guys tend to go top 5.

So, I wouldn't expect one anytime soon.
[ Edited by Heroism on May 3, 2018 at 8:19 AM ]

It's extremely difficult to find big WR's with the traits that Kyle covets(i.e. route-running proficiency, speed, quickness, ability to cut while keeping feet underneath framework, etc.), and if there's is a big WR with those traits, those guys tend to go top 5.

I understand it's not a priority, but KS would be a fool not to want a big body target that can win jump balls.

Philly has Alston

NE has Gronk

Atl has Julio

Throw in Keenan, Fitz, AJ, Evans, Thomas

Also despite size, I think players like Hopkins also excel at strong bodies to win jump balls.

At this time, there isn't a player on our roster that excels in this role. If the demand is the skill set you listed, we will never draft a TE over 6'5 or WR over 6'2

Jimmy G is exceptional at putting the ball in play for a receiver to make a play on it. He got lucky with many contested throws. At some point we will need a guy that can make a play for Jimmy G when there's good coverage and not just hope defenders miss pick opportunities

Reminds me of Courtland Sutton as well. Seems like given the lack of suddenness and top end speed will limit his max value at late rd 1.

I understand it's not a priority, but KS would be a fool not to want a big body target that can win jump balls.

Philly has Alston

NE has Gronk

Atl has Julio

Throw in Keenan, Fitz, AJ, Evans, Thomas

Also despite size, I think players like Hopkins also excel at strong bodies to win jump balls.

At this time, there isn't a player on our roster that excels in this role. If the demand is the skill set you listed, we will never draft a TE over 6'5 or WR over 6'2

Jimmy G is exceptional at putting the ball in play for a receiver to make a play on it. He got lucky with many contested throws. At some point we will need a guy that can make a play for Jimmy G when there's good coverage and not just hope defenders miss pick opportunities

It just seems pretty clear that as long as Shannahan is the coach we won't ever have a tall jump ball receiver, atleast not at the expense of separating. The only tall wr I see us taking high would literally need to be the next AJ Green/Julio Jones which are rare to find. We had plenty of options to take guys like Auden Tate, Sunnis Cobbs or St Brown in the 7th rd or undrafted if we valued that type of wr.
Share 49ersWebzone