There are 169 users in the forums

Rashan Gary, EDGE, Michigan

Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Why not, we are only a draft or two away.. Why not speed up the process. We got the bench players. Let's go get our stud. If we go up and get him our defense would instantly change once he puts everything together. We need star power now. Quality picks.

Foster behind Rashaan Gary

Edge
Receiver
Cb

"Just look at recent Super Bowl champions: Philadelphia had All-Pro Fletcher Cox flanked by Timmy Jernigan, Brandon Graham, Chris Long and Derek Barnett, et al. Last year's New England team brought it more by committee, but Long had a huge game in the Super Bowl against Atlanta. The 2015 Broncos had Miller and DeMarcus Ware, the 2014 Pats had Chandler Jones, the 2013 Seahawks had Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril... "

From you're article... There's no excuse for us.

Hey I'm all for it but there's plently of excuses as to not getting him.

You need to have a trade partner to make it happen, SF could be picking in the 20s for all we know and moving top 5-10 is gonna cost a fortune.

Gotta wait and see what happens, I'm not gonna say there shouldn't be an excuse though.

They're thinking he should be a 3 tech, his edge rush "plan" isn't there as of last year.
"This episode of the NFL Draft Geek Film Room provides a video Rashan Gary Scouting Report. Watch as Brian Johannes highlights what the Michigan Wolverines defensive end does well and why Gary could be one of the best pass rushers whenever he enters the NFL Draft."

Rashan Gary Scouting Report Video

This video shows the lateral movement that you're they say he doesn't have above. At 275lbs he will prove he is an edge rusher. The bend is there as you can see as well against a quality opponent as well. The ankle flex is there.. These dudes gotta watch more video against Penn St right tackle.

This year he will put any doubts to rest if this video doesn't show already... The hurries and hits are there which is also important most leave out.

They have to watch more video if they think that. He bends that right tackle and laterally goes for the qb...

3:22 of the video clearly shows the bend and ankle cut laterally.. First play of the game...

4:03 he flashes his leverage with the arm then rip then smacks the Qb..

5:53 shows him running in space... lol How many can run like that? That should be the question..

7:30 He clearly sets the edge...

He has pass rusher moves which not many have coming into the nfl.. Those dudes gotta do their homework on him..Seriously i hope those guys are not recruiting for us..

The second person who does their due diligence that compares him to Cam Jordan. The tape does not lie. As well as the the "other" schools tape. Quality opponents..
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jul 18, 2018 at 11:32 AM ]
"This episode of the NFL Draft Geek Film Room provides a video Rashan Gary Scouting Report. Watch as Brian Johannes highlights what the Michigan Wolverines defensive end does well and why Gary could be one of the best pass rushers whenever he enters the NFL Draft."

Rashan Gary Scouting Report Video

This video shows the lateral movement that you're they say he doesn't have above. At 275lbs he will prove he is an edge rusher. The bend is there as you can see as well against a quality opponent as well. The ankle flex is there.. These dudes gotta watch more video against Penn St right tackle.

This year he will put any doubts to rest if this video doesn't show already... The hurries and hits are there which is also important most leave out.

They have to watch more video if they think that. He bends that right tackle and laterally goes for the qb...

3:22 of the video clearly shows the bend and ankle cut laterally.. First play of the game...

4:03 he flashes his leverage with the arm then rip then smacks the Qb..

He has pass rusher moves which not many have coming into the nfl.. Those dudes gotta do their homework on him..

hey, don't say "what you're saying" lol..I'm just telling yeah what Ledyard stated (who's opinion I do value). I mean I wouldn't call Will Fries a great tackle or anything either

IMO that's not great bend and I agree with them he's gotta work on his "plan" for a pass rushing. They also stated he's a athletic freak and if he can put it all together then great. I hope he does, the more pass rushers in this draft the better for us.

I will be keeping a close eye on him, if he gets down to 270-275 (which I think you said he is) that's a positive.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
hey, don't say "what you're saying" lol..I'm just telling yeah what Ledyard stated (who's opinion I do value). I mean I wouldn't call Will Fries a great tackle or anything either

IMO that's not great bend and I agree with them he's gotta work on his "plan" for a pass rushing. They also stated he's a athletic freak and if he can put it all together then great. I hope he does, the more pass rushers in this draft the better for us.

I will be keeping a close eye on him, if he gets down to 270-275 (which I think you said he is) that's a positive.

"College football's junior class is loaded with talent on the defensive line, and Gary sits comfortably among the elite players in the group. In program testing his sophomore year, he was clocked at a jaw-dropping 4.57 seconds in the 40-yard dash at 280-plus pounds. He also broad jumped 9-6 and turned in a 6.70 time in the 3-cone drill," Goodbread writes. "As a pass rusher, he overwhelms offensive linemen with first-step quickness and power, and he also has the lateral speed to chase down screen passes and stretch plays to the perimeter. As if he needed to be any more athletic, he got himself trimmed down to 275 pounds in the spring."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/michigan/Article/NFLcom-calls-Rashan-Gary-a-freakish-athlete-119526277/Amp/

🤙🏽

Trimmed down to 275lbs per 247sports
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jul 18, 2018 at 11:41 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

"College football's junior class is loaded with talent on the defensive line, and Gary sits comfortably among the elite players in the group. In program testing his sophomore year, he was clocked at a jaw-dropping 4.57 seconds in the 40-yard dash at 280-plus pounds. He also broad jumped 9-6 and turned in a 6.70 time in the 3-cone drill," Goodbread writes. "As a pass rusher, he overwhelms offensive linemen with first-step quickness and power, and he also has the lateral speed to chase down screen passes and stretch plays to the perimeter. As if he needed to be any more athletic, he got himself trimmed down to 275 pounds in the spring."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/michigan/Article/NFLcom-calls-Rashan-Gary-a-freakish-athlete-119526277/Amp/

????????

Trimmed down to 275lbs per 247sports

yeah I saw those numbers I will say...

even if they're exaggerated a little it's still very impressive. I looking forward to seeing him improve, skies the limit for him IMO.
"Already being touted as a top pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, Rashan Gary's eye-popping measurables combine with his big numbers to illustrate how great he is. Michigan's defense will be one of the best in the country, and Gary will lead the way. With 11.5 tackles for loss and 5.5 sacks, Gary was a 2017 first-team All-Big Ten player. He'll be one of the most fun players to watch in college football this season."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/michigan/ContentGallery/Michigan-Wolverines-football-2018-Every-returning-Michigan-starter-119940187/Amp/

Get him Mr. Lynch🤪
https://twitter.com/chengelis/status/1005582295896678400?s=20

https://twitter.com/chengelis/status/1005584430310875137?s=20

"A lot of coaching here from Rashan Gary"

"Rashan Gary fired up — "pay attention to details!"

C'mon Mr. Lynch, natural born leader..

Hey NY he looks lean, got that fire in him.. He has it all to be special in the nfl. This is what we need on our defense, he coaches as well.. Get him!!!! 👀
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jul 19, 2018 at 6:32 PM ]
"Bleacher Report believes Patterson, Gary could go No. 1 in 2019 NFL Draft
Bleacher Reports loves the NFL potential for Michigan's star players."
By Von Lozon on July 22, 2018 8:00 am

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.maizenbrew.com/platform/amp/2018/7/22/17599594/bleacher-report-believes-patterson-gary-could-go-no-1-in-2019-nfl-draft

He is coming.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jul 25, 2018 at 6:09 AM ]

Alot of players talk those leader qualities but Rashan Gary is actually doing it on and off the field.

You don't find the complete package in every draft.

The dude leads by example. Don't we lead leaders on defense and a pass rusher? How much is a leader worth nowadays in the nfl?
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 3, 2018 at 5:49 AM ]
Don't forget he is only 20 years old... The hand technique will come with time. He still has alot to learn.

I'm looking forward to seeing growth in the upcoming season.

+ Rashan Gary got double team alot last year... 🧐
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 6, 2018 at 7:47 PM ]
"He also benefited from a terrific year by Gary, who drew unwarranted criticism from folks who don't pay attention to anything but a box score earlier in the year. He was constantly fighting off double teams and opening up space for the likes of Bush and Winovich to finish plays. As the year wore on, and the double teams continued, Gary added those box score stats, too.

He finished with a better statistical season in every area than ex-Michigan captain Chris Wormley posted in 2016. Gary had 67 tackles (12 for a loss) and six sacks. Those are outstanding numbers for an anchor defensive end and the former five-star recruit is probably one more productive season away from fending off a gaggle of NFL scouts."

Michigan football's DL loaded; Rashan Gary better than once thought

NICK BAUMGARDNER | DETROIT FREE PRESS | 12:00 am EST January 17, 2018

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/1038514001

🧐 "folks not paying attention" These critics writing this stuff have to watch more than 5 games and actually pay attention when they watch... Half ass reporting by that fool. 😕

Outside or inside... Like for real..
It's a Jan 2018 article... Tisk, tisk, tisk.. He is worth that #1 pick plus he adds leadership on top of it. He down to 275-280 lean..

He is going to run right around them. You see he is working on technique.. We need some real football fans reporting out there, not watch two games and come out with an opinion. Lol, terrible reporting..
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 6, 2018 at 8:53 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone