There are 167 users in the forums

Rashan Gary, EDGE, Michigan

Lol wu
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by Giedi:
I think either Hero or somebody else knowledgeable said he's like Tank Caradine. I agree. Decent player, but nothing to write home about.

At least Carradine produced in college.

Truth - I thought we really lucked out getting him.

Bummer

Gary will be interesting to follow.
They're playing him at olb so it'll will be interesting to see what he does. Like Tank I'm not sure if there's a good 3-4 spot for him. To me he'd likely be best at strongside end in a 4-3. Granted base don't matter too much nowadays.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
They're playing him at olb so it'll will be interesting to see what he does. Like Tank I'm not sure if there's a good 3-4 spot for him. To me he'd likely be best at strongside end in a 4-3. Granted base don't matter too much nowadays.

Thought he was currently injured?
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Looks like so far he hasn't had that shoulder surgery.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Looks like so far he hasn't had that shoulder surgery.

so he's practicing with the shoulder issue?
so he's practicing with the shoulder issue?

He's practicing with a harness on the shoulder.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
PACKERS vs. RAVENS: Packers DL Rashan Gary
Drafted: Round 1, No. 12 overall
GRADE: D
The Michigan product is an explosive athlete, but those traits rarely translated into impact production as a collegian. Gary remains the ultimate tease at the position, based on his natural gifts and underwhelming disruption. Despite playing significant snaps for the Packers on Thursday, No. 52 didn't make much of an impact against the Ravens. He failed to record a tackle or generate a pressure, which is disappointing from the No. 12 overall pick. The rookie struggles to finish his pass-rush efforts -- his inability to corral the quarterback after a winning move is a bit of a concern for a player expected to make an impact early.

nfl.com

Ouch.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001042693/article/preseason-grades-week-2-tony-pollard-rolls-kyler-murray-fails
Originally posted by FL9er:
The Michigan product is an explosive athlete, but those traits rarely translated into impact production as a collegian. Gary remains the ultimate tease at the position, based on his natural gifts and underwhelming disruption. Despite playing significant snaps for the Packers on Thursday, No. 52 didn't make much of an impact against the Ravens. He failed to record a tackle or generate a pressure, which is disappointing from the No. 12 overall pick. The rookie struggles to finish his pass-rush efforts -- his inability to corral the quarterback after a winning move is a bit of a concern for a player expected to make an impact early.

nfl.com

Ouch.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001042693/article/preseason-grades-week-2-tony-pollard-rolls-kyler-murray-fails

lol
Originally posted by FL9er:

nfl.com

Ouch.

It's because his job is to anchor

Originally posted by Alfienator:
It's because his job is to anchor

• Jcool
  • Veteran
uh oh

Annnnd he's hurt
Dude been having shoulder issues for 2 years now
Poor Wu
Share 49ersWebzone