There are 280 users in the forums

Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio St(The Politics Free Thread)

Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Far better than last offseason's signing and a decent start IF we can't get Fowler.

I don't know how serious they are at getting an edge rusher this year. They signed Attaochu, and they got this Daeshon Hall on the practice squad and neither has made the team. Fowler looks like a solid player, but I'm thinking if they were really serious at getting Fowler, they'd have made a move already after the failure to get Kalil.

How do you know they haven't? Also, I Jacksonville isn't like Oakland. They aren't giving up players while they are making a run at a Super Bowl this year. Fowler is a major player that is going to help them on their run this year.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Far better than last offseason's signing and a decent start IF we can't get Fowler.

I don't know how serious they are at getting an edge rusher this year. They signed Attaochu, and they got this Daeshon Hall on the practice squad and neither has made the team. Fowler looks like a solid player, but I'm thinking if they were really serious at getting Fowler, they'd have made a move already after the failure to get Kalil.

How do you know they haven't? Also, I Jacksonville isn't like Oakland. They aren't giving up players while they are making a run at a Super Bowl this year. Fowler is a major player that is going to help them on their run this year.

Just a gut feeling. I mean no edge rushers brought in via undrafted free agency, and using a 4th round pick on an ACL player vs an edge rusher like Obo, and cutting Attaochu and putting Pita on the Practice squad. Looks like they are going to experiment on *pushing the pocket* vs *rushing the passer* in my opinion and see how that works out. The penalty for roughing the passer is pretty severe if your defense's main focus is to sack the QB so maybe they are trying to see if that works.
We're coming for you buddy!
This guy good?

Does he have injury issues like his bro?
Time 2 tank
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Not if the Raiders can help it.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Injuries pulled down Harold Landry's draft stock. Might it happen to Bosa and maybe we have a shot at it picking around say 20th pick? Hero's enthusiasm has got me excited about maybe having a shot at this guy.

Bosa is bigger, longer, and stronger with a ten-year NFL vet's repertoire of pass rush moves. There's zero chance of him having a Landry-esque fall unless he tears his ACL or something.

This. I'm wondering if we are aggressive enough to make the move. I'd say no, but it would make for an interesting draft. If not for Bosa, just move high enough and not stand pat.

If Bosa is the number 1 pick in the draft, and we're drafting at 20th pick. Would either of you spend the draft capital to get Bosa, and if yes, how much draft capital do you think it will take to get him?

The kind of draft capital most teams give up for a QB.

Well, heck in my opinion they are as valuable as QB's. During the Dynasty years we had two hall of fame edge rushers (Dean and Haley) and two hall of fame QB's (Joe and Steve). All I'm saying is ShanaLynch **has** the formula to create a dynasty. They also have the offensive system (WCO) and the defensive system (Seifert's defense) and the pedigree - the HC is the son of one of our most talented and gifted coaches alive. All ShanaLynch needs to do is execute.
Well scratch what I typed. This season is over and we're headed for a top 10 pick.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
This guy good?

Does he have injury issues like his bro?

He is out right now with surgery on his stomach (muscle)
Hopefully we don't win just enough not to get him like we did with Garrett and got Thomas instead

Battle for the #1 pick

All aboard!
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:

Battle for the #1 pick

Truth. This draft has a few edge guys tho. Even a LT
Currently hurt. He'll fit right in!
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
We gonna be picking in the 30s . This is a fantasy thread haha

Originally posted by CV49er:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
We gonna be picking in the 30s . This is a fantasy thread haha

He was talking about their 2nd round pick.
Share 49ersWebzone