LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio St(The Politics Free Thread)

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I saw an interesting 2019 mock draft. Not that it's set it stone, but it does give a good idea of where we will need to be to have a shot at some of the top guys.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Ohio State HC Urban Meyer announced that junior DE Nick Bosa (abdomen) will miss Saturday's game against Tulane.

Bosa will undergo further tests on his lower abdomen and groin, per Meyer. Bosa left last Saturday's game against TCU in the third quarter with the injury (or injuries). Through three games, Bosa has four sacks, six TFL, a fumble recovery for a touchdown and a forced fumble that resulted in a touchdown. He is a top-five overall prospect for the NFL Draft and remains in contention to go 1.1.

Looked like a pulled groin

Injuries pulled down Harold Landry's draft stock. Might it happen to Bosa and maybe we have a shot at it picking around say 20th pick? Hero's enthusiasm has got me excited about maybe having a shot at this guy.

I can't fathom Bosa falling that far, short of major scandal or an injury that keeps him out for part/all of the 2019 season.

Drat!
Injuries pulled down Harold Landry's draft stock. Might it happen to Bosa and maybe we have a shot at it picking around say 20th pick? Hero's enthusiasm has got me excited about maybe having a shot at this guy.

Bosa is bigger, longer, and stronger with a ten-year NFL vet's repertoire of pass rush moves. There's zero chance of him having a Landry-esque fall unless he tears his ACL or something.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Bosa is bigger, longer, and stronger with a ten-year NFL vet's repertoire of pass rush moves. There's zero chance of him having a Landry-esque fall unless he tears his ACL or something.

This. I'm wondering if we are aggressive enough to make the move. I'd say no, but it would make for an interesting draft. If not for Bosa, just move high enough and not stand pat.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

This. I'm wondering if we are aggressive enough to make the move. I'd say no, but it would make for an interesting draft. If not for Bosa, just move high enough and not stand pat.

If Bosa is the number 1 pick in the draft, and we're drafting at 20th pick. Would either of you spend the draft capital to get Bosa, and if yes, how much draft capital do you think it will take to get him?
If Bosa is the number 1 pick in the draft, and we're drafting at 20th pick. Would either of you spend the draft capital to get Bosa, and if yes, how much draft capital do you think it will take to get him?

It's not realistic. It would cost the 49ers so much to go from 20 to 1. A lot more than CHI paid for Khalil Mack.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

The kind of draft capital most teams give up for a QB.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

It's not realistic. It would cost the 49ers so much to go from 20 to 1. A lot more than CHI paid for Khalil Mack.

Geeze if you do and if you dont. So you are telling me either way (trade for a Khalil Mack level edge rusher or move up the draft to pick Bosa) either way we die. What the hell!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:

The kind of draft capital most teams give up for a QB.

Well, heck in my opinion they are as valuable as QB's. During the Dynasty years we had two hall of fame edge rushers (Dean and Haley) and two hall of fame QB's (Joe and Steve). All I'm saying is ShanaLynch **has** the formula to create a dynasty. They also have the offensive system (WCO) and the defensive system (Seifert's defense) and the pedigree - the HC is the son of one of our most talented and gifted coaches alive. All ShanaLynch needs to do is execute.
Out indefinitely
It sounds like an inguinal hernia surgery. I had that. If it's that, he'll be back by late October.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 20, 2018 at 10:14 AM ]

Originally posted by jreff22:
Out indefinitely

Just, wow!
Assuming he is out for an extended period of time does this drop his draft stock? Like enough where we can get him while picking in the mid-20's?
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Assuming he is out for an extended period of time does this drop his draft stock? Like enough where we can get him while picking in the mid-20's?

Nope.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

Nope.

Yeah sounds like about a 6 week timetable.

Maybe we can set him up with Reuben's ex?
Share 49ersWebzone