There are 165 users in the forums

Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio St(The Politics Free Thread)

Originally posted by LordGains:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
What's trash is your opinion...

What's even better is yours doesn't matter 🤣

No more than yours, but at least mine is based on reality and not coming out of my ass.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Jared "alligator arms" Allen. 32" arms, 13 reps on bench. 136 NFL sacks.

Justin "t-rex" Smith, 32.5" arms. 87 NFL sacks.

Very Nice. Team up Jared/Bosa with another credible DE (maybe Dee Ford?) like in the 2011 Minnesota season, and you have a guy that nearly broke Strahan's record that year. Our 1984 line had Dwain Board, Michael Carter, Gary Johnson and Fred Dean. We possibly have Fred (Dee Ford) we have Gary Johnson (Buckner), I'm thinking Bosa would take Board's place, and either Solomon, Day, Street, or Julian could take on the Michael Carter role. This defensive line shut down the top ranked offense in the NFL that year.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
We're still waiting for you to make a valid point. Wonder which of us will wait longer...

Dion Jordan went 3rd
Chris long went 2nd
Gaines Adams went 4th

Plenty of busts at that top that had length and were very athletic.

Allen was a beast in the NFL regardless of athletic ability and length. Technique wins. Justin Smith was the 4th overall pick and had shorter arms. Like wrath said if he think Bosa is trash he doesn't know what he's watching and it's a waste of time.

His whole idea of where guys went is idiotic in general.

Tom Brady went in the 6th round. If we needed a QB and there was a guy who could be the next Tom Brady would you argue no way is he worth a 2nd overall pick because Tom Brady wasnt drafted til the 6th round?

Would we not want a WR who is as good as Antonio Brown cuz he was a 6th rounder?

Joe Montana?

etc...

Draft position means ch*t. The actual play/production in the NFL is what you should be looking at. Jared Allen doesn't fit the narrative so he has to adjust things to keep his garbage going.

Derp Allen wasn't a 2nd overall pick so if Bosa has the same measurables somehow that means he can't play in the NFL...even though Allen did at a very high success rate...

Sound logic at it's best.

"Bosa is garbage cuz he's got short arms and isn't athletic and won't be able to produce in the NFL"
"Jared Allen had shorter arms and was less athletic in his testing than Bosa"
"Well that doesn't count, Allen wasn't a top 2 pick!"

Pretty much how that goes.

Precisely. Thank you for putting it simply.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Mar 22, 2019 at 3:19 PM ]
This is a great breakdown of Bosa good stuff right here

I will bump this again and again...good breakdown and flim of what this dude can do.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 22, 2019 at 3:24 PM ]

I will bump this again and again...good breakdown and flim of what this dude can do.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Haha yes
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
JJ Watt had less than 12 sacks and no forced fumbles in college. Michael Bennett had less than 7 sacks and only 3 FF in 4 years. Frank Clark had 11 sacks and one FF. Chandler Jones had 10 and 3. Cliff Avril 12 and 0. Cameron Jordan never had more than 6 sacks in one season and has less sacks than Bosa in twice the amount of games. Leonard Floyd also has less than Bosa and was under 7 sack every year in college. Why couldn't they get more?

All those guys you named which ones went #1 or #2 ? I'll wait 🤭 Those guys put in the work and became what they are. #1 and #2 picks are supposed to be franchise players, players to build around. Bosa ain't no franchise player buddy. His body is maxed out. He won't get faster, if he gets bigger will even be slower than he is, his arms won't grow longer. Only thing he can do is get stronger and improve technique. I call Bosa trash because he is not worthy of a top 10 pick, 1st rd pick(mid to bottom) sure but all those dudes you called, he won't be better than neither. He's trash lol

Stop moving the goal posts. You said, if he was gonna be a great pro he should have produced more in college. I provided a list of great pros, (many who produced in our system) who did not produce in college. Don't give me this "but they weren't drafted top 10" stuff. I will take Bosa and his college production or any of the players I mentioned over Bruce Miller (our former fullback) and his 36 college sacks.

So just to clarify, if a 22 year old J.J. Watt was in this draft, you wouldn't draft him, because he didn't put in the work yet to be great? Also, why is it possible for others to get better, but not Bosa.

Now I'll wait.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 22, 2019 at 5:37 PM ]
All the rushers with short arms have blazing speed and power, they can get AROUND you if arms are short. All the rushers with no so good 40 times are huge guys with power, long arms like JJ Watt and Calias Campbell. I don't know any who are small, slow and have short arms ? So if you know one besides Nick Bosa then share that with me.

QW is a 300 lbs nose tackle, nobody expects him to have a high vertical or broad jump he is nearly 40 lbs heavier than Bosa yet jumped 30" to Bosa 33"
Bosa is an edge rusher i compared him and his measurable to EDGE RUSHERS. Only added QW 40 to prove Bosa is SLOW for his size.

"Yes Bosa had 4 sacks this yr....in 3 games guess we'll leave context out of it." Lets also leave out those 4 sacks were against unranked donkey teams Oregon State, Rutgers and TCU who had a combined record of 10-27😴. Injuries are part of the game if you're not on the field you don't PRODUCE ask Eric Berry what happens when u don't stay on the field. Your gospel and bible PFF said QW is the best interior prospect since 2014https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNZQJTkfXuA They never said Bosa is the best prospect since anybody 🤣

"Show me a clip of QW actually ever having to run 40 yards down field". QW is a NT the DE set the edges and contain. QW job is to clog the middle, stuff the run, collapse and disrupt the pocket.

And i can show a clip of QW running sideline to sideline and making a play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbT9zx72SVI 8:23 mark 😎

Couple things:

1. Why didn't QW produce last year? Why did he redshirt as a freshman if he was so great?

2. You asked for examples of NFL players that are the same size and speed as Bosa who have produced in the NFL. This is NOT, I repeat, NOT relevant to where they were drafted. It is merely showing you that players his size can be great NFL DEs.

DLAW - Shorter, lighter, slower, with 1/4 of an inch longer arms.
Michael Bennett - Same size, 5.13 40, and 1/2 and inch longer arms
Brandon Graham- 3 inches shorter, lighter, shorter arms, and same 40 time.
Jerry Hughes - Shorter, lighter, same arm Length, and .06 faster forty.

Do you need more examples of players with the same physical "limits" as Bosa or worse producing against NFL Tackles?
Big slow guy alert

Jared Allen, DE, 6'6" 265lb, 4.76 40YD, 1.66 10yd, 32" Arms. 136 NFL sacks.

Nick Bosa, DE, 6'4" 263lb, 4.79 40yd, 1.55 10yd, 33" arms.

Last time i checked Allen went in the 4th rd and worked his way to become elite. Yet ya'll want to crown Bosa #1 or #2 pick hmmmmmmmm

Also it was reported that Allen ran in the 4.6 range so just because he tested slower doesn't mean that was his speed. His tape proved he was faster. Bosa tape is exactly what he is 4.79. And still ran faster than Bosa 4.72 🤭 That's the equivalent of 4.43 vs 4.50 🤷‍♂️ BIG difference watch the gap Usain Bolt has on other runners with a 7 hundredth of a sec lead smh.

Couple questions.

So if a 21 year old Jared Allen was in this draft. You would pass on him at 2?

Also, what does a 4.79 40 look like from the LOS to the QB? How can a 10 yard dash loook like a 4.79 40? And how exactly could you tell that Allen was closer to a 4.6 than a 4.76 by watching him pass rush?

We're still waiting for you to make a valid point. Wonder which of us will wait longer...

Jared "alligator arms" Allen. 32" arms, 13 reps on bench. 136 NFL sacks.

Justin "t-rex" Smith, 32.5" arms. 87 NFL sacks.

Which one went #2 pick in the draft ? I'll wait

Justin Smith went 4th!

That's your rebuttal?

Truff...

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Oops
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Oops

Really gonna miss him.
Share 49ersWebzone