• Veteran
Drafted by The SB champs
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zonkers:
Floor: Armstead
Ceiling: Okoye

lol
Nice. I hope the Eagles get the Aussie curse and crash/burn. The Hayne crew and Philly fans are probably bonding/fighting as we speak.
Nice. I hope the Eagles get the Aussie curse and crash/burn. The Hayne crew and Philly fans are probably bonding/fighting as we speak.

weeeell, they have had some good luck with Aussies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sav_Rocca

Indeed, while most late entries are punters from AFL background, and even those who do the college route tend acquire some career in NFL.
It just seems that it's rugby people who don't make it very well

mailata even coming from an AFL region, could only ever be a project player, and could only go to a franchise settled in its core with a willingness to take a gamble.
Suspect it might be a bit big for him tho'.

Will be watching Faalale as he goes thru' college with gophers. He will have a few years with the game by the time he is draftable.

I think that is the biggest issue. NFL with it's rugby origins has rugby peeps thinking it'll be a piece 'o piss to transition.
They overlook how the ball is treated. Laterals are rare in NFL, which frees up half a dozen missiles to take out the carrier.

Have a conspiracy theory that the signing of Lawrence Okoyo is what led to the downfall of the 49ers under Harbaugh. Everything went to crap after. Damn foreigners.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Have a conspiracy theory that the signing of Lawrence Okoyo is what led to the downfall of the 49ers under Harbaugh. Everything went to crap after. Damn foreigners.

• xcfan
  • Veteran
Dude is used to competing against zero-star athletes--and he knows nothing about NFL football.
In for a rude awakening when goes against 280 lbs of nfl defender.
Doesn't have much going for him except youth and time to learn if he commits to it long term.

The video highlights of him are quite misleading. They're from the former Under 20's competition. Polynesian boys tend to develop physically a lot earlier so they dominate that grade comfortably and then can often struggle when they no longer have that significant physical advantage.

Good luck to him, but NFL and NRL are worlds apart. Not only are they different games to master mentally but they both require significantly different physical training to achieve the right results.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Made the team
[ Edited by jimrat on Sep 2, 2018 at 11:20 AM ]
Wow, this guy is impressive as hell for someone who never played football. He's already got a better pass set than a lot of tackles in the NFL.

Originally posted by Heroism:
Wow, this guy is impressive as hell for someone who never played football. He's already got a better pass set than a lot of tackles in the NFL.

dude is a freak in a game full of freaks.
[ Edited by 4thandlong on Sep 2, 2018 at 11:09 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone