LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

2018 49ers Draft Visits Tracker

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Awake:
Hero, as of today, you probably have much more insight into additional points but based on this list, a few things stand out:

1. It's safe to say we're targeting ER for the first pick; second pick at the latest.
2. Same concept with OL. It looks like a really tall but lean T or C/G for that second pick. Cross-trained.
3. CB is going to be the next pick most likely like Ahkello Witherspoon last year (pick 3-4).
4. LB seems to be the next target, rounds 4-7. But depth only which may be insight into how the Foster situation is viewed and how they feel about Brock Coyle and Elijah Lee and with Malcolm Smith coming back.
5. WR or TE seems next. Kyle is looking at 5 day three WR/TE's 6'3"-6'5" (RZ threat).
6. S is evenly spread out so probably just looking for depth here on a H/W/S guy late like Adrian Colbert last year.
7. I'm surprised we're looking at so many DT/DE's, rounds 1-4. To replace Tank? I'm not sure what to make of that.
8. Might look at a QB on Day 3 to replace Mullens.
I think you've said it best. Looking at their draft list, it paints a picture on where they're going in the draft. Most definitely, ER and Oline on first two picks.

All those mocks with us getting Nelson, Roquan, or Edmunds can be thrown out. We haven't even spoken with those guys. For our 3rd round, I think they'll go BPA and the later rounds after that will be as you said. Skill positions.

I was looking at last years draft visit list, and you could also see where they were going. So I'm pretty confident in my prediction.

Yes sir!!

Not only that but with the exceptions of Shanny's hand picked QB & RB we drafted a guy we brought in for a visit tbru tbe kittle pick (except solly but c'mon might as well been a visit).

Im actually thinking Daniels may be the pick in a rmtrade down scenario. Foster was the 1st private visit ladt year. As Daniels is this year....

Small sample size to go off of tho
It sucks seeing private visits reported for others teams on my Twitter timeline and nothing on the 49ers. I've already seen 9 players for the Cowboys. I miss the leak days.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 2, 2018 at 3:49 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
It sucks seeing private visits reported for others teams on my Twitter timeline and nothing on the 49ers. I've already seen 9 players for the Cowboys. I miss the leak days.

Yeah, seeing in our feed ticker lots of "showing interest in..." and "will work out..."

49ers will work out Cal CB Marloshawn Franklin
It wouldn't surprise me at all if we visited with more but even 5 of 10 seem par for the course from previous years.

I've found closer to 67% over the years...sometimes finding out we met with a player way after the fact.

Last year the 49ers hosted four of their eventual draft picks on visits to Santa Clara and added a fifth, linebacker Elijah Lee, to their 53-man roster in early September. Teams are allowed 30 so-called "official visits," so they must schedule them wisely. The players invited usually fall into one of the following categories:

1. A player the team is considering drafting with a top pick.
2. An underclassman; team is looking for more data.
3. A player with character issues whom teams want to know better.
4. A player the team has no intention of taking (but want other teams to think they might).

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article207795149.html
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 3, 2018 at 9:30 AM ]
It wouldn't surprise me at all if we visited with more but even 5 of 10 seem par for the course from previous years.

Oh snap NC, you just uncovered a gem by linking this article.

On Smith's docket are trips to visit the Buffalo Bills, San Francisco 49ers, Chicago Bears and the Indianapolis Colts. All four of those teams hold top-12 picks. Smith revealed that he received an invitation to attend the draft in Arlington, Texas, to which he accepted.

Oh snap NC, you just uncovered a gem by linking this article.

On Smith's docket are trips to visit the Buffalo Bills, San Francisco 49ers, Chicago Bears and the Indianapolis Colts. All four of those teams hold top-12 picks. Smith revealed that he received an invitation to attend the draft in Arlington, Texas, to which he accepted.

Happy to help!
Auden Tate is coming in for a visit
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
Auden Tate is coming in for a visit

Nice...we need another list of ANY 49er connection too.
Here's some fun information.

We're currently tied to 73 prospects per our tracking. Here's the breakdown as this should help your mock drafts.

Position - # of Players Visited - Projected Round

ER - 7 - 1 or 2
DE/DT - 9 - 1 through 4
RB - 4 - 1, 2 or 3
WR - 11 - 1 through 7
CB - 11 - 2, 4 or 7
LB - 9 - 1, 4 or 7
G - 3 - 1, 5 or 6
C - 6 - 1, 5 or 7
T - 4 - 1, 5 or 7
S - 4 - 1, 5 or 7
QB - 3 - 5 or 7
TE - 2 - 7

Order of Importance: ER, DE/DT, RB, WR, CB, LB, OL, S, QB & TE
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 4, 2018 at 12:08 PM ]

We're currently tied to 73 prospects per our tracking. Here's the breakdown as this should help your mock drafts.

ER - 7 - 1 or 2
DE/DT - 9 - 1 through 4
RB - 4 - 1, 2 or 3
WR - 11 - 1 through 7
CB - 11 - 2, 4 or 7
LB - 9 - 1, 4 or 7
G - 3 - 1, 5 or 6
C - 6 - 1, 5 or 7
T - 4 - 1, 5 or 7
S - 4 - 1, 5 or 7
QB - 3 - 5 or 7
TE - 2 - 7

• Jcool
  • Veteran

Yeah, it'll be fun to see how the draft goes.

IIRC, Dylan DeSimone did a piece for the Athletic and highlighted similar patterns...defense 1 and 2, skill positions starting 3rd pick, etc.

It'll be fun to see if this pattern holds true.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 4, 2018 at 5:30 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Awake

ER - 7 - 1 or 2
DE/DT - 9 - 1 through 4
RB - 4 - 1, 2 or 3
WR - 11 - 1 through 7
CB - 11 - 2, 4 or 7
LB - 9 - 1, 4 or 7
G - 3 - 1, 5 or 6
C - 6 - 1, 5 or 7
T - 4 - 1, 5 or 7
S - 4 - 1, 5 or 7
QB - 3 - 5 or 7
TE - 2 - 7

Great post!

Interesting how many Lbs we've looked at. Looks like interior line might be focused on in the later rounds along with Tackle and safety. So the money positions are ER in round 1 or 2. BPA for DE/DT, CB, WR, RB, LB in round 2 -4. Probably with a focus on defense in the first 2 rounds.
Share 49ersWebzone