LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Who do u think the niners will pick not who you want ?

Who do u think the niners will pick not who you want ?

Originally posted by Ottawa49er:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think they will pick Tremaine Edmunds if he is available at their pick. Plus I think it is a good and worthy pick if they do at that slot. There is always the chance that they trade down if that is available. Or he could be off the board in which case they are forced into a different pick. I think they want some type of pass rush the most. More than any other need. They are not really wrong that it is a huge need for this team if that is their thinking. I believe that is the thinking. But who really knows what is going on behind the scenes?

I just hope they get a very good football player and keep helping us build in the right direction. Realistically this team is not 1 player away. So just take the best available player and keep picking as the draft unfolds and keep filling needs if possible. But with really high picks like the top pick you have to take the best player. You can't miss on those ones.

So you think that if the BPA at #9 is a QB, that we should pick him after spending a ton of cash on Jimmy G?
I would be ticked off if they did that. Pick someone else, or trade back, but we do NOT have to blindly pick the BPA. In general, picking BPA is sound, but we have to also use common sense with the pick.

Tremaine Edmunds is not a QB.......
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Who do you pick the Niners will think not who they will want?
You should have put "None of the Above."
I think they will pick Tremaine Edmunds if he is available at their pick. Plus I think it is a good and worthy pick if they do at that slot. There is always the chance that they trade down if that is available. Or he could be off the board in which case they are forced into a different pick. I think they want some type of pass rush the most. More than any other need. They are not really wrong that it is a huge need for this team if that is their thinking. I believe that is the thinking. But who really knows what is going on behind the scenes?

I just hope they get a very good football player and keep helping us build in the right direction. Realistically this team is not 1 player away. So just take the best available player and keep picking as the draft unfolds and keep filling needs if possible. But with really high picks like the top pick you have to take the best player. You can't miss on those ones.

So you think that if the BPA at #9 is a QB, that we should pick him after spending a ton of cash on Jimmy G?
I would be ticked off if they did that. Pick someone else, or trade back, but we do NOT have to blindly pick the BPA. In general, picking BPA is sound, but we have to also use common sense with the pick.

That's right, he's not. Relevance? Your words "So just take the best player available and keep picking as the draft unfolds....But with really high picks like the top pick you have to take the best player". These are your words that I was responding to in my post. So I'll ask again....if the best player available at # 9 is a QB.....you are suggesting we take him? That makes no sense.

That's right, he's not. Relevance? Your words "So just take the best player available and keep picking as the draft unfolds....But with really high picks like the top pick you have to take the best player". These are your words that I was responding to in my post. So I'll ask again....if the best player available at # 9 is a QB.....you are suggesting we take him? That makes no sense.

We are not picking a QB at #9. The top QB's are all off the board at #9 for one. For two we signed Jimmy G to a large deal and he is our QB of the future. I say best player available in the top 10 because that is what you do. We have so many needs on this team. There are holes all over. So take the best guy who you can also use. But we definitely are not picking a QB this year at least and certainly not in the 1st round at #9 overall. Who knows what we would do in future years if Jimmy G works out or not?

We are not picking a QB at #9. The top QB's are all off the board at #9 for one. For two we signed Jimmy G to a large deal and he is our QB of the future. I say best player available in the top 10 because that is what you do. We have so many needs on this team. There are holes all over. So take the best guy who you can also use. But we definitely are not picking a QB this year at least and certainly not in the 1st round at #9 overall. Who knows what we would do in future years if Jimmy G works out or not?

Gottcha....by saying "so take the best guy who you can use" makes perfect sense. I was interpreting what you wrote as simply taking the BPA at #9 regardless of their position. I REALLY hope Nelson is there at #9.

Gottcha....by saying "so take the best guy who you can use" makes perfect sense. I was interpreting what you wrote as simply taking the BPA at #9 regardless of their position. I REALLY hope Nelson is there at #9.

It's possible Nelson is there at #9 and it's certainly possible we pick him if he is there. But it depends who else is there and available. There could potentially be 4 QB's and Barkley go in the first 5, 6, 7 picks. So it would seem somebody or a few will fall. Maybe somebody really good will be there at #9. I hope so. I wish we were picking like 5, 6, 7. We were such a bad team last year. Only Jimmy G bailed us out at the end and won some meaningless games. We found our Franchise QB. Which is good of course. But we lost out in draft position somewhat. Realistically this team should be picking much higher than #9 based on how they were last year. Luckily we won the coin flip. That may help us a lot in this scenario.
I think Lynch wants Minkah...

Kind of low odds he will be there so I think the pick will be Roquan Smith...

I want any of the following at #9: James, Smith, Landry or Minkah...

I do not want any offensive players picked at #9...

I will be pissed if it's Davenport... Might be great but just seems like the same kind of project.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Here's how I rate the three:

1a Landry
1b Roquan

Baalke Special: Edmunds (if we pick him, I hope I'm wrong).

Agree 100% on Edmunds being the Baalke Special of the draft.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I would be fine with just about anyone being mocked to the 49ers at 9.

The only pick that would be underwhelming is if they draft an OL not named Quenton Nelson.

• FL9er
  • Veteran
I would say that I prefer a trade down however.
Share 49ersWebzone