LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Who do u think the niners will pick not who you want ?

Who do u think the niners will pick not who you want ?

• All22
  • Veteran
Obviously Landry. They specifically hired a pass rush coach because our pass rush sucked so bad last year. I'm 100% sure they're taking the best pass rusher (assuming Chubb or Landry is available)
I think they will take Fitzpatrick if he is available. If not, Davenport or Edmunds.
Whomever it is, I am praying for a trade back into the middle the first round. Seems like there are 6 blue chippers this year and after that, there is a big plateau form 7-15.

I was big on Roquan and while he runs great sideline to sideline, I'm afraid he'll be engulfed and targeted between the tackles. So he's off my Top 20 list for this reason. Edmunds looks like a stud but wow he is raw. Davenport seems fine but just not at pick 9.

Now if we could grab Edmunds or Davenport at around 15 or so, it's a different story and I see value.

Sadly nobody jumps off the page at pick 9 unless one of the blue chippers falls.
I think they'll pick Roquan. I want Landry.
I think they will pick Tremaine Edmunds if he is available at their pick. Plus I think it is a good and worthy pick if they do at that slot. There is always the chance that they trade down if that is available. Or he could be off the board in which case they are forced into a different pick. I think they want some type of pass rush the most. More than any other need. They are not really wrong that it is a huge need for this team if that is their thinking. I believe that is the thinking. But who really knows what is going on behind the scenes?

I just hope they get a very good football player and keep helping us build in the right direction. Realistically this team is not 1 player away. So just take the best available player and keep picking as the draft unfolds and keep filling needs if possible. But with really high picks like the top pick you have to take the best player. You can't miss on those ones.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cdub80:
Davenport, I think the size, speed, potential, at a position of need will be too much to pass up.

Yeah, I got a feeling it's Davenport, too.
I love Linebacker Micah Kiser in the second round, which means no on Roquan who can't shed blockers and no on Edmunds who is too underdeveloped for such a high pick. This means two of the following players, whose positions don't normally get drafted as high, will be Lynch's pick: Q. Nelson or Derwin James
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by cdub80:
Davenport, I think the size, speed, potential, at a position of need will be too much to pass up.

Yeah, I got a feeling it's Davenport, too.
p

Makes no sense for the value. Davenport is too raw for such a high pick.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Whomever it is, I am praying for a trade back into the middle the first round. Seems like there are 6 blue chippers this year and after that, there is a big plateau form 7-15.

I was big on Roquan and while he runs great sideline to sideline, I'm afraid he'll be engulfed and targeted between the tackles. So he's off my Top 20 list for this reason. Edmunds looks like a stud but wow he is raw. Davenport seems fine but just not at pick 9.

Now if we could grab Edmunds or Davenport at around 15 or so, it's a different story and I see value.

Sadly nobody jumps off the page at pick 9 unless one of the blue chippers falls.

I agree with your assessment, however, I believe due to the QB run, either Q. NELSON or Derwin James will be available for us at #9. Too bad both position groups are high for #9, or maybe not?
I believe John Lynch will want Minkah Fitzpatrick if he is available. Otherwise I think Edmunds will be the pick if Fitzpatrick is gone. I personally want Nelson or Harold Landry.

Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
I believe John Lynch will want Minkah Fitzpatrick if he is available. Otherwise I think Edmunds will be the pick if Fitzpatrick is gone. I personally want Nelson or Harold Landry.

All of this, except for the Nelson part. I'd replace Nelson with Vea or Ward.

If Fitzpatrick and Edmunds are both available, I have no clue how Lynch will decide between the two, but I'm pretty sure that one of them will be selected.
[ Edited by Nastastical on Mar 26, 2018 at 6:39 AM ]
Same thread worded differently every week
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I can believe Edmunds...not Landry, Sutton or Roquan. With potentially 5 QB's taken in the top 7-8 spots, hard to say who may fall to us. If it's Nelson, I'll celebrate like a mad man. Well, not really, but I'll be very happy. Davenport could be a dark horse.

I doubt 5 quarterbacks are taken before the 9th pick, maybe 4, but most likely only 3 are taken. I'm not buying the Denzel Ward or Quenton Nelson BPA BS, Neither player are system fits. If they can't trade down they're probably going to reach for the player they covet regardless of value. Landry or Sutton, I would guess.
Fitzpatrick
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think they will pick Tremaine Edmunds if he is available at their pick. Plus I think it is a good and worthy pick if they do at that slot. There is always the chance that they trade down if that is available. Or he could be off the board in which case they are forced into a different pick. I think they want some type of pass rush the most. More than any other need. They are not really wrong that it is a huge need for this team if that is their thinking. I believe that is the thinking. But who really knows what is going on behind the scenes?

I just hope they get a very good football player and keep helping us build in the right direction. Realistically this team is not 1 player away. So just take the best available player and keep picking as the draft unfolds and keep filling needs if possible. But with really high picks like the top pick you have to take the best player. You can't miss on those ones.

So you think that if the BPA at #9 is a QB, that we should pick him after spending a ton of cash on Jimmy G?
I would be ticked off if they did that. Pick someone else, or trade back, but we do NOT have to blindly pick the BPA. In general, picking BPA is sound, but we have to also use common sense with the pick.
Share 49ersWebzone