Poop on a stick and take a big lick...if that happens
Originally posted by Jcool:
You can get Landry in round 2.

Shall we wager? (can we do that?)
Originally posted by Lobo49er:

Shall we wager? (can we do that?)

This. I can see him in the 10-15 range, but not much later than that.
I'm cool with either one.
I'm fine with edmunds
Originally posted by socal9er42:
What does he see in Davenport? Sorry, personal feelings on that one. Edmunds, Landry, or Roquan for the Front 7 I can understand. A top CB or S I can live with. Nelson if he slides.

But Davenport?

Landry goes top 20 easily. No chance he's there in rd 2
Barrows always has a draft crush every year. Who is it this year?
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socal9er42:
What does he see in Davenport? Sorry, personal feelings on that one. Edmunds, Landry, or Roquan for the Front 7 I can understand. A top CB or S I can live with. Nelson if he slides.

But Davenport?

I wish somebody could explain drafting Smith in the first I don't get it. The thing I get is that yeah he's the best middle linebacker in this draft. But he's smaller than Foster we might as well just move reid to middle linebacker. I mean are we going to draft a 200 pound linebacker next maybe a 180-pound or after that until we figure out if they all get manhandled by offensive lineman. I know Ruben did and it was half technique and half size
  • fan49
  • Veteran
I'm all for getting someone in the first round that's the best that's been in the draft for years. And according to everything I read and everything I see which no I'm not an expert. Is Quinton Nelson is the best guard we've seen in years.

Originally posted by fan49:
I wish somebody could explain drafting Smith in the first I don't get it. The thing I get is that yeah he's the best middle linebacker in this draft. But he's smaller than Foster we might as well just move reid to middle linebacker. I mean are we going to draft a 200 pound linebacker next maybe a 180-pound or after that until we figure out if they all get manhandled by offensive lineman. I know Ruben did and it was half technique and half size

I'm also perplexed at the Roquan Smith thing. He might be BPA I guess, but I don't think the defense will get much better. Pass rush is still abysmal. I wouldn't get that excited.

I would much rather reach on Landry, but thats just me.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I buy the Edmunds talk but not Davenport at #9.
Landry has worked himself into the mid 1st. I would personally love to trade back into the 15-19 range and draft Landry while picking up a 2nd and 3rd.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Barrows always has a draft crush every year. Who is it this year?

Read the post... Lol
[ Edited by btthepunk on Mar 8, 2018 at 7:25 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I think as it stands today -- it's pretty clear -- the Niners are going all-in on FA CBs and will very likely look to the draft for pass rush.

Barrows is right in not having any CBs as top 1st round options. Niners will address this in FA.
Share 49ersWebzone