LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Clelin Ferrell DE Raiders

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SheHateMe:
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
We just got closer to Bosa

We'll Win a couple meaningless games and end up back in 2017 when we just barely missed on Garrett and ended up in draft limbo. That ONE stupid game we won landed us Solomon Thomas instead of Garrett.

Yup that dumb rams comeback game cost us Garrett
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
49ers are very close to getting Bosa, but guaranteed Clelin Ferrell!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Nothing is guaranteed but I think the only way we don't get a legit edge rusher this next draft is if we out think ourselves and think because there are so many good ones one will drop to the 2nd round and decide to address another position. And while I'd love to land a Greedy Williams/Montez Sweat type of 1/2 combo I think it's too big a risk to make.

You take the best edge rusher in the first round, hit your biggest need with the best talent and hope you can find another talent at another position in round 2+.
Originally posted by genus49:

Nothing is guaranteed but I think the only way we don't get a legit edge rusher this next draft is if we out think ourselves and think because there are so many good ones one will drop to the 2nd round and decide to address another position. And while I'd love to land a Greedy Williams/Montez Sweat type of 1/2 combo I think it's too big a risk to make.

You take the best edge rusher in the first round, hit your biggest need with the best talent and hope you can find another talent at another position in round 2+.

If we land one of these guys, we immediately are a better team than when the season started and the Rams are one more year into the Cap hell that awaits. I really think we could go from like 2-14 to 11-5 in one season. Healthy Jimmy, McKinnon, and an elite pass rusher like Bosa or Ferrell... it'll make this season of dumpster fire worth it...
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

If we land one of these guys, we immediately are a better team than when the season started and the Rams are one more year into the Cap hell that awaits. I really think we could go from like 2-14 to 11-5 in one season. Healthy Jimmy, McKinnon, and an elite pass rusher like Bosa or Ferrell... it'll make this season of dumpster fire worth it...

If the niners end up with a top 5 pick I wouldn't doubt if they trade back, especially if a team like the Giants, Redskins, Dolphins, Broncos, Chargers, fall in love with a QB, I'd rather take a pass rusher in the spot bc he's much needed but Lynch and Shanahan might think moving back and getting a possible future 1st plus more picks in this draft while taking a WR like Harry, Brown, or Metcalf and then take a pass rusher in the 2nd..so many possibilities honestly, again lots on money to spend while possibly having a top 5 pick..it sucks honestly..
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jersey49er:

If the niners end up with a top 5 pick I wouldn't doubt if they trade back, especially if a team like the Giants, Redskins, Dolphins, Broncos, Chargers, fall in love with a QB, I'd rather take a pass rusher in the spot bc he's much needed but Lynch and Shanahan might think moving back and getting a possible future 1st plus more picks in this draft while taking a WR like Harry, Brown, or Metcalf and then take a pass rusher in the 2nd..so many possibilities honestly, again lots on money to spend while possibly having a top 5 pick..it sucks honestly..

IMO, I just don't see any QB worthy of a top 5 pick right now. This is the time to stand pat and take the best available. 49ers could always take two but its much better to take the best of the bunch.
We missed out on Myles Garrett, we can't miss out on another (obviously) elite pass rusher. There appears to be at least 2 (Bosa, Ferrell) OLB/DE's that are immediate game changes in the NFL. The only way you even consider it is if we've already secured a FA pass rusher (and the contract like Mack's). But with our $$ invested in Garoppolo, it's even more valuable to get an elite pass rusher on a rookie salary, especially with Buckner's deal coming up.

Jimmy's injury, while it devastated this season, may end up propelling us all the way to the top. An elite pass rusher transforms this team, and we're in a spot to get one. Stand pat, draft the guy (Bosa please!!!), and boom - playoffs.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
OVERRATED..
IMO, I just don't see any QB worthy of a top 5 pick right now. This is the time to stand pat and take the best available. 49ers could always take two but its much better to take the best of the bunch.

Trubisky wasn't even a first round prospect at this time in process 2 years ago. Baker was a late 1 last year. Herbert can easily make himself into a top 3 guy with his gifts.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Trubisky wasn't even a first round prospect at this time in process 2 years ago. Baker was a late 1 last year. Herbert can easily make himself into a top 3 guy with his gifts.

Grier, Patterson and Lock too..all about the workouts I feel, what QBs on NCAA championship squads have been top 5 picks lately ?

Herbert will be a top 5 qb if he stays healthy. There's also some tackles and DT that will be moving up as well....if they can get some quality picks and still get a sweat or burns im cool with it.

I also expect SF to bring in a pass rusher via FA.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 9, 2018 at 7:17 AM ]

Definitely an excellent consolation prize in Ferrell!

I hope we don't wind up winning some meaningless games to blow our chances at both of them.
We missed out on Myles Garrett, we can't miss out on another (obviously) elite pass rusher. There appears to be at least 2 (Bosa, Ferrell) OLB/DE's that are immediate game changes in the NFL. The only way you even consider it is if we've already secured a FA pass rusher (and the contract like Mack's). But with our $$ invested in Garoppolo, it's even more valuable to get an elite pass rusher on a rookie salary, especially with Buckner's deal coming up.

Jimmy's injury, while it devastated this season, may end up propelling us all the way to the top. An elite pass rusher transforms this team, and we're in a spot to get one. Stand pat, draft the guy (Bosa please!!!), and boom - playoffs.
Good post!
There appears to be at least 3 (Bosa, Polite, Ferrell) OLB/DE's that are immediate game changes in the NFL.

*Fixed

Check out the Polite thread. I have a feeling he'll be the consensus favorite after Bosa by the time the draft rolls around.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 9, 2018 at 12:37 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Herbert will be a top 5 qb if he stays healthy. There's also some tackles and DT that will be moving up as well....if they can get some quality picks and still get a sweat or burns im cool with it.

I also expect SF to bring in a pass rusher via FA.
As soon as draft time rolls around there'll be a number of QB's moving up the charts and IMO - that's good for us.

I don't know who the FA edge rushers will be but I'd like us to get both.

Injuries are a way of life in NFL and it seems especially for the Niners.

So, if we get 2 - we'll have an incredible attacking D and if one gets hurt we can still be effective.
Share 49ersWebzone