There are 178 users in the forums

Clelin Ferrell DE Raiders

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Man, this edge class is sweet lol. Outside of Baby Bosa, Ferrell has the most developed arsenal of pass rush moves that I've seen. The guys wins soooooo many techniques. Really nice, violent hands. ATM, I think he's EDGE2.

I want us to win as many games as possible this year and go as far as we can in the playoffs but every loss we suffer I just think "better chance to land one of the top guys"

IMO Bosa, Ferrell, Burns, Sweat, Allen or Jackson need to be our pick. I'd prefer one of the first 4.

I believe the 9ers will go pass rush in the 1st IF they don't sign or trade for one before the draft. I could actually see them taking a RB in the 1st if the running game doesn't improve and they sign or trade for a ER. There should be a ER in the 2nd that could probably start right away.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Man, this edge class is sweet lol. Outside of Baby Bosa, Ferrell has the most developed arsenal of pass rush moves that I've seen. The guys wins soooooo many techniques. Really nice, violent hands. ATM, I think he's EDGE2.

I want us to win as many games as possible this year and go as far as we can in the playoffs but every loss we suffer I just think "better chance to land one of the top guys"

IMO Bosa, Ferrell, Burns, Sweat, Allen or Jackson need to be our pick. I'd prefer one of the first 4.

I like Jackson despite his being a little raw. Spent a couple years under the tutelage of Craig Kuligowski who has coached up Alson, Ziggy Hood, Sheldon Richardson and Shane Ray into pretty good prospects. He possesses good size and athleticism and has great length.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I believe the 9ers will go pass rush in the 1st IF they don't sign or trade for one before the draft. I could actually see them taking a RB in the 1st if the running game doesn't improve and they sign or trade for a ER. There should be a ER in the 2nd that could probably start right away.

I say trade up. It's so evident what this defense needs.
Two sacks today. Who's got the tape? I was watching FSU for Brian Burns.
Five sacks in the first three games

Nick Bosa will go #1 but if we could just find a way to trade up for this guy...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Nick Bosa will go #1 but if we could just find a way to trade up for this guy...

Not sure where Ferrell is projected to go in the 1st round, but he sure looks like a top 10 pick IMO. Ferrell and Bosa would instantly upgrade the defense the moment they walk into 49ers facility.

Ferrell has played two option teams who barely throw so far and will play GT this week. His totals should increase as the season progresses.

Also, don't sleep on his bookend DE Austin Bryant. He is a beast as well.
This guy if not Bosa!
Originally posted by TheBlueHell:
Ferrell has played two option teams who barely throw so far and will play GT this week. His totals should increase as the season progresses.

Also, don't sleep on his bookend DE Austin Bryant. He is a beast as well.

That entire front 4 could go in first.

Not sure where Ferrell is projected to go in the 1st round, but he sure looks like a top 10 pick IMO. Ferrell and Bosa would instantly upgrade the defense the moment they walk into 49ers facility.

Alot depends on needs and whether teams reach/get QB happy, but on pure talent/position value it wouldn't shock me to see him and Bosa both go top 5.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:

Alot depends on needs and whether teams reach/get QB happy, but on pure talent/position value it wouldn't shock me to see him and Bosa both go top 5.

So far I have counted 4 teams that could draft a QB in the first and they aren't even absolute locks. This is definitely the year where edge rusher, tackles (o-line), and elite skill position players move up.

The Giants, Patriots, Chargers, and Broncos MIGHT do it. The Giants appear the he the only first round lock. Some really good QBs are gonna go late which bodes well for teams like NE or San Diego who might draft a QBOTF. Sucks for us because I don't see any of the bottom teams moving down. Of course a lot can change between now and December and then again from Decenter to April.
Does anyone win with a wider repertoire of moves than Ferrell? Dude has it all in the bag. I look forward to seeing how he performs at the combine because I think that's going to be the deciding factor whether he goes top 10 or not.

I love me a good a stab move. Talk about perfect hand placement. Smack dab on the outside-upper corner of the numbers.

[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 24, 2018 at 1:14 PM ]
Yeah that was when he was a freshman, too. He had a recovered fumble for a TD this week.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
So far I have counted 4 teams that could draft a QB in the first and they aren't even absolute locks. This is definitely the year where edge rusher, tackles (o-line), and elite skill position players move up.

The Giants, Patriots, Chargers, and Broncos MIGHT do it. The Giants appear the he the only first round lock. Some really good QBs are gonna go late which bodes well for teams like NE or San Diego who might draft a QBOTF. Sucks for us because I don't see any of the bottom teams moving down. Of course a lot can change between now and December and then again from Decenter to April.

If Cowboys end up 5-11 or so they really need to consider if committing to Dak is the right way to go.
Share 49ersWebzone